TASPOL, political correctness and garbage

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: TASPOL, political correctness and garbage

Post by darwindingo » 14 Nov 2017, 9:40 pm

I'm not aware of or suggesting the op has any convictions/ criminal records etc... I doubt it to be honest..

I do however have cause to suspect that when you have any kind of report made about you to the police it remains linked to your file permanently (acted upon or not) . Could such untested information be used when determining suitability of an applicant with regard to fit and proper person even without any conviction recorded or otherwise ?

Just wondering as I know someone that was asked about some reports made about him when he was younger, when he applied for a job that required some serious background checking (was the first he had herd about it)..

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Tripod » 15 Nov 2017, 6:19 am

darwindingo wrote:I'm not aware of or suggesting the op has any convictions/ criminal records etc... I doubt it to be honest..

:drinks:

My response was to pomemax's comment about juvenile criminal records being sealed.
As for the OP I have no idea, but I will say that in the other case I know of I think the police got it right, The guy had put up pictures and comments on social media that were concerning to any responsible person and when his license came up for renewal it was declined for not being a fit and proper person.
I am not saying the OP isn't a fit and proper person as I don't know him.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by doc » 15 Nov 2017, 9:14 am

Heckler303 wrote:Upon seeing a letter from TASPOL (Yes, they will be named, but no names within their little gang spoken) I received word from firearms services. My face soon went from intrigument to disappointment faster than you could say 'We cannot grant you permission to continue". Reading onward, apparently their reasoning for this decision was based off of the most ridiculous of clauses.

I'd made a few posters back in college days when presented with other ones of the type. The most notable of these being one that I placed against this big, horrificly coloured Graphic Design example. It was a political poster that said "GENDER IS A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE". (Cringe.)

After me and my friend looked at it, we decided to pin a poster as a note to it saying "There are only two genders/ XY and XX decide, not you."

Heckler - I am really feeling for you here - this is more than pathetic. People died to fight for our freedom - which includes expressing your viewpoint regardless of which 'side' it's on. Firearms aren't the issue here. You being discriminated against by authorities for simply sharing an opinion is the real issue! This is the sort of stuff I expect in communist countries - not in a 'free democracy'.

Please tell me you still have a copy of that letter. I would love to see a redacted copy of this letter get out and circulated wide and far. Would you consider making a copy - redacting the personal and other parts of it and releasing it? (I'd suggest talking to someone with legal knowledge first so you don't get in deeper trouble). Most people have no idea just how extreme measures are being taken to silence opposition for social re-engineering.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

OP here again. I did make a full story on how the 'interrogation' with the principal went on campus in another thread, I'll dig it up and C+P it here for the viewing pleasure of the other guys.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Nov 2017, 9:42 am

pomemax wrote:Sorry for My ignorance
But I always thought a criminal conviction was all that could stop you licence OR DID THEY USE FIT AND PROPER PERSON for something you done AT School , as a minor that was not convicted by a court (I thought all minor records were sealed anyway ) can someone shed light on this please.

There was no criminal conviction and frankly, you can't condemn someone over viewpoints you don't agree with but for TASPOL? "Mmm nup. Let's make his life hell and ignore everything depicting him as a sound character. What? He's a member of SSAA, TRA and NRA? Obviously a coverup." I've been through police checks and I have absolutely nothing against my name. I haven't even been suspended from school before or sent home for the day. This whole issue just does my head in.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Nov 2017, 9:50 am

doc wrote:Please tell me you still have a copy of that letter. I would love to see a redacted copy of this letter get out and circulated wide and far. Would you consider making a copy - redacting the personal and other parts of it and releasing it? (I'd suggest talking to someone with legal knowledge first so you don't get in deeper trouble). Most people have no idea just how extreme measures are being taken to silence opposition for social re-engineering.

Sure thing. I've also contacted firearm owner's united over this issue. You think it'd be worth printing the censored variant of the document on here?
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by doc » 17 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

Heckler303 wrote:Sure thing. I've also contacted firearm owner's united over this issue. You think it'd be worth printing the censored variant of the document on here?

Glad to hear you've contacted someone. I'll be interested in their reply.

As for posting a censored variant here - I'd be very interested in seeing it. However for your own sake I would advise against it - at least until you've had some sort of legal advise as the last thing I'd want to see is that you posting it somewhere ended up working against you and cause TASPOL to 'have it in for you' even more...

If it was me, I'd only release a redacted/censored version after someone with legal knowledge looked at it and approved it - just incase there's anything on there that should have been censored that wasn't.

(I'm kinda paranoid about this kind of stuff, but after seeing what they're doing to you - I think the paranoia isn't unwarranted).
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

You're certainly right Doc. Like I said before, I've had it up to my eyeballs in this politically correct boys-in-blue enforced garbage.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Dunxy » 17 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

It really is getting out of hand, im sure you will get this sorted but it should never have got to this stage you have to prove you're not crazy over a couple of posters for crying out loud!
One reason i stay away from the cancer that is mainstream social media is because you upset some snowflake and end up in a situation like this!
Ive heard many stories of license or renewal denial/refusal for rubbish that is totally un-related (in reality) to being a for and proper person.There isn't even any consistency to what they do here in Vic.Perfect example(this is first hand from 2 of my friends) in regards to suspension of license due to drink driving convictions.One friend , on second DUI offense in 7 years had his firearms license suspended and had to store his extremely dangerous .177 break barrel assault air rifle at the LGS , im pretty sure for the term of license suspension/cancellation. Now my other Muppet friend, same kind of blood alcohol levels but couple years shorter between offenses, no affect on his firearms license, at least yet, he was only sentenced thursday, id imagine it would be almost instant if they going to take firearms license as well?
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 17 Nov 2017, 12:17 pm

Those pore innocent DUI drivers. God damn cops, I bet they held them down and made them drink that alcohol and drive at gun point. c***. And to have the nerve, for a cop to force feed alcohol and make someone drive. And then! Book them for it. Horrible injustice!
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Nov 2017, 12:22 pm

juststarting wrote:Those pore innocent DUI drivers. God damn cops, I bet they held them down and made them drink that alcohol and drive at gun point. c***. And to have the nerve, for a cop to force feed alcohol and make someone drive. And then! Book them for it. Horrible injustice!

Yep, I have zero tolerance for driving under the influence of something you made a conscious decision to imbibe.
But I don't see what it would have to do with firearms licencing, unless you had them in the vehicle at the time.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 17 Nov 2017, 2:40 pm

juststarting wrote:Those pore innocent DUI drivers. God damn cops, I bet they held them down and made them drink that alcohol and drive at gun point. c***. And to have the nerve, for a cop to force feed alcohol and make someone drive. And then! Book them for it. Horrible injustice!

Kindly point out where i actually said anything about any injustice relating to my friends being busted for the actual drink driving? Maybe re-read my post or find an adult to explain it if you cant make sense of it yourself. Dont really see the need for immature comments like this, are you 12?

Im not whining about anybody being done for drink driving its in relation to their lack of consistency in applying penalties for what are nearly exact offences AND do you guys really think its fair to lose/have suspended you firearms license if you get pulled over and blow over,without doing anything dangerous, abusive or being in possession of firearm/s at the time?
No sympathy for either of my MUPPET mates, they deserve to be busted and lose their licenses to DRIVE...but i feel its a bit harsh to remove firearms license when firearms not in any way shape or form involved in the offence they were guilty of.Whats worse is why one cops it but the other doesnt...
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

Dunxy wrote:Kindly point out where i actually said anything about any injustice relating to my friends being busted for the actual drink driving? Maybe re-read my post or find an adult to explain it if you cant make sense of it yourself. Dont really see the need for immature comments like this, are you 12?

I find drink driving to be far more immature and irresponsible than calling people out for it, especially repeat offenders.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by gazza » 17 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

Political correctness is gay. Way worse than drink driving.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:08 pm

What a massive fcuking joke !

Not only that but I'd be tracking down those involved at the campus that obviously reported it to the police and give them a peice of my mind ... blody yes voter.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

I'm willing to donate to a go fund me if you want to lawyer up.

There's a few firearms specific Lawyers that would smash the police out of orbit over that one.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 17 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I'm willing to donate to a go fund me if you want to lawyer up.

There's a few firearms specific Lawyers that would smash the police out of orbit over that one.

Yep +1 :drinks:
This sh@t needs to be fought every time!@! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

Mark Stone Solicitor posted something on Facebook recently that I think it's very relevant here (15-10-17)... I'd be looking at some of his recent posts and contacting him asap.
Screenshot_2017-11-17-19-41-21.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-19-41-21.png (646.82 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-00-37.png
Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-00-37.png (690.34 KiB) Viewed 3616 times

Edit ...
Here's what Mark had to say on a similar matter for those who don't have Facebook ...
QUOTE ; With permission from Mark

"Recently, I received instructions from a fellow in NSW regarding a show cause notice. The reasoning for this show cause notice was the fellow had an apparently "extensive traffic record" including, speeding, burnouts, street racing and negligent driving on his traffic history. Later, they added a drive unregistered vehicle which he hadn't actually committed. The letter seemed to be an old precedent that they used from someone else's matter. I couldn't find any alcohol related offences at all on his traffic history.

In our reply we outlined the extensive time delays since many of those traffic infringements. He is now 33 years of age. We detailed that most of the traffic infringements were prior to his applying for a firearms license. In the four years since having a firearms license, he had only been issued with 4 infringement notices. All camera detected offences. My client drives extensively for work during the day and nights.

We then detailed each older infringement by my client's age at the time, how long ago the infringement occurred and details of my client's recollections of the infringements. We also pointed out the small fines he received. The small fines indicated the lack of seriousness of his traffic infringements.

The burnout turned out to be my client when he was 17 getting a little excited and chirping the tyres. Some 15 years ago.

I found no street racing in his traffic history.

When he was 17 he had a minor traffic accident where nobody else was injured when it was raining late at night. A police officer happened by and gave him another infringement notice.

We sent in considerable reference material outlining my client's good character and work ethic.

We pointed out he had already passed their tests in 2012.

We noted that these are traffic offences are not matters within regulation 5 of the firearms regulations and not criminal offences where my client could avail himself of the right to legal counsel to defend himself from such allegations.

Furthermore, the new offences after 2012 are mostly traffic camera detected offences. My client has no real access to justice nor the ability to defend himself from such allegations unless he was to spend tens of thousands of dollars attempting to stop himself from being fined a few hundred dollars.

As a result, without due process, with a lack of access to the justice system and without the tens of thousands of dollars to engage in expensive legal action my client and many others in the community, make the commercial decision to simply pay the fine. The lack of procedural fairness in such matters is clearly evident.

In fact, this seems to be a political decision taken by political figures and police forces in an attempt to restrict firearm ownership without any real basis for the change in criteria. There appears to be a widening of the interpretation and the discretion available by the Commissioner of Police. Such an interpretation or widening of this interpretation in our view would not survive judicial review to a higher jurisdiction above NCAT.

Finally, we further note Regulation 5 of the Firearms Regulations:

FIREARMS REGULATION 2006 - REG 5
Offences that disqualify applicants
5 OFFENCES THAT DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS

My client had not been convicted of any of those offences."
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by gazza » 18 Nov 2017, 8:49 am

I would donate.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:12 am

I'm not sure where to go with this one yet. Perhaps a lawyer might be a good idea to contact but I'm not in any financial situation to pay for one. And I'm still unsure about GoFundMe and donations as of yet.

I'll think over it but I think it's worth just going through with a mental checkup as they ask and hoping they respond back to a letter I sent to them a month ago. I don't want to become a center of attention.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:16 am

Oh, and they did have a minor attack at my personal facebook page (which I've cleared out since and keep mostly private.) This was what they determined to be someone saying I was 'Obsessed' with guns. How mind you, is beyond me. Police being police, having a sense of humor is not in the code book.

And I had one picture from late 2016 where I posed with a shotgun. They spit the dummy over that too.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 18 Nov 2017, 10:24 am

sungazer wrote:yep funny joke pictures when taken out of context and when used to try and support a theory can be very harmful. I have seen much worse even on this site there are some pics that go could be considered well beyond the line of good taste. I refer to the ones where animals have been shot and the photo is of a gory and graphic nature. To a hunter and someone that butchers their own the blood and gore is a normal but to a first timer it could have a very shocking impact.

What else is one to expect? A forum where people take and post pictures of their hunted game isn't going to be all pretty pretty.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

sungazer wrote:I know that the magazines ask that when you send in photos that you clean up the blood and that the picture is not to graphic. We dont have to post pictures that show half the head missing and the brains lying next to it. If you need / want to post a picture of that kill move the brains out of shot place the animal in a position that minimizes the gruesome or shock horror part. As a group of hunters we don't want to labeled and thought of as sadistic killers. The label we are looking for is humane harvester of meat and humane vermin control.

Gruesome photos are very important when determining what projectiles are sutible.
Expansion rates, energy transfer, fragmentation, penetration ... it's all very important stuff.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics