Agenda 21 explained, you need to read this.

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Agenda 21 explained, you need to read this.

Post by Ziad » 18 Sep 2018, 9:43 pm

That tbh I don't know.

But if you ever find the book it's great reading. Yes there are ebooks available online.

Regarding arable land, fracking and urban sprawl take care of a fair bit.

I was listening to a guy whose company makes milk products.. and was feeding to export it to china. The issue is not that they don't have the land, technology or the resources to provide their population with food.... but many people don't trust the Chinese companies to provide them pure and unadulterated food they desire (remember melamine in baby powder, or corn starch adulterated honey). Thus they still buy baby milk powder from australia and send back selling more then the official company exported tins as those are required to have Chinese language labels and the ppl don't think they are made in australia.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by grandadbushy » 19 Sep 2018, 12:55 am

Yeah Ziad and if you looked hard you probably would find much more than what's visible
And the Pollies sit back and say nothing until confronted about it and it makes it onto 60 Minutes or 4 Corners or one
of the other current affairs shows
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 19 Sep 2018, 6:49 am

With the bases in the sth China sea and a couple of AC"s in the north Indian ocean plus access to ports and bases in the indopacific region China would control the busiest shipping lanes in the world. We as island nation would be effectively under their control without China ever firing a shot at us.
Or looking at it another way Japan lost ww2 because they couldn't protect their supply routes after losing most of their carriers at midway ....China won't have that problem if it comes to a conflict! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 19 Sep 2018, 8:05 am

So what do you think should be done
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by grandadbushy » 19 Sep 2018, 8:24 am

Enjoy yourself Ziad Buy heaps of guns , shoot plenty , party hard whilst you still can :silent: ;) :) :) :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 19 Sep 2018, 9:48 am

Rotfl.... I have 3 kids mate, and don't drink anymore.... party hard days are well behind me.

Anyway was thinking, I can't honestly see the point why china will start the war doomsday ppl talk about, i think for them it's a save face thing to have a large army, issues around Taiwan and other small islands tbh is a internal matter. I don't think we would like if china started meddling in our internal politics. Especially as we more of a big bark then a big bite type of country.

Actually I see australia gets its nose stuck into things that are none of our concern. Anyway i think it is easier to buy a country than to goto war. And tbh do you really think USA will come to our rescue against china in a war.... if trump or someone similar is in power.... and even if they wanted to after they start losing soldiers I think the popular tide will swing against this war that's not even their war.

Anyway currently I looking at trump and china.... to me trump looks like the aggressor.... and no one can tell me why trump hates the Chinese so much while loves Putin so much.
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 19 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

Ziad wrote:So what do you think should be done

For a start the poliscum could restart our manufacturing and refining capacity and then put a bit more money into the ADF (currently around 80k personnel including reserves across the three branches...thanks to Keating and Beasley and successive govts since then.). Besides that I reckon the time when anything could've been done by us or that useless mob in new York (UN) is well and truly past. As I said above there's some very interesting times ahead..
But there's far more intelligent people than me working on it so who knows :allegedly: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Sep 2018, 10:47 am

Ziad wrote:I don't think we would like if china started meddling in our internal politics.

If?
Mate, China has been meddling in this country, and others, for decades.

They buy dodgy politicians like Andrew Rob and Sam Dastyari, they have "students" working influence in our universities, they use various corporate cut-outs to influence industry.

The ABC News website has been blocked from China for bringing these and other instances to light.

When Australia has revealed these or complained, China accuses us of racism and trouble making, just like Israel does when anyone anywhere calls them out over their crimes against the Palestinians.

I'm not quite paranoid enough to believe they'll try a boots on the ground invasion here, despite your belief otherwise, they know the US couldn't afford to let that happen.

Unlike Western politicians, who are deeply dependent on a short electoral cycle, and only think as far ahead as the end of their own career, the Chinese think and plan 50-100 years ahead.

What you say about "face" is correct, albeit in a different way. The Middle Kingdom as they were called was an economic powerhouse a couple of hundred years ago, at it's height during the Qing Dynasty when the British started the First Opium War to take control of trade and was finished off during the Second Opium War.
They have never forgotten or forgiven this, and the new Emperor Xi is determined to restore the face lost.

They strongly embrace the old Scottish saying "Softly, softly, catch the monkey" and we are just one of the monkeys.
:drinks:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-meddling

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/9810236

https://www.afr.com/news/politics/world ... 104-h0dr2r
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 19 Sep 2018, 10:52 am

Hmm what's the point, they have active army of 2m people and reserve of 8m, not ssue how would we could even think to stop them. That's my logic, we are like a chauwaua with a big bark and no bite. To build patriotism you need an advisory. Most of our young kids are on fkn drugs mate
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Sep 2018, 11:02 am

Ziad wrote:Hmm what's the point, they have active army of 2m people and reserve of 8m, not ssue how would we could even think to stop them. That's my logic, we are like a chauwaua with a big bark and no bite. To build patriotism you need an advisory. Most of our young kids are on fkn drugs mate

My point was they know that even with the biggest army on the planet, it would cost them too dearly to invade us because our location is too valuable to the US defence strategy so they are using their wealth and subterfuge to do it slowly.

Countries with land borders with them, countries the US couldn't give a toss about are the ones at risk of physical invasion.

As to the plague of meth, mdma and other crap we are floating in, where do you think the majority of the precursors come from?

Death sentence for drug crimes in China, yet they are the major source of drug precursors in the world.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 19 Sep 2018, 11:09 am

Hmm good point. But I doubt USA would come save us.

Its funny how history is repeating itself but in reverse. First it was British introducing drugs to china... now china exporting it back to us.

Saying that I reckon we should have stricter sentencing to drug trafficking.
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 19 Sep 2018, 11:24 am

The British introduced drugs to China??? :silent: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Sep 2018, 11:26 am

I definitely agree with the sentencing idea.

I saw a report on Monday about a woman who was blaming the government for the overdose death of her 34yo son at a music festival.

She said he died because he made a "mistake".
It's tragic for his family, but this adult made the deliberate choice to buy and consume a chemical compound, made by an untrained criminal in unsanitary, uncontrolled conditions to maximize their own profit with no regard for the nongs that would take it. A compound that is notorious for killing the users.

It has been proven in areas where cannabis has been legalized that drug overdose deaths have dropped dramatically, what our pollies need to do is accept that if they allow people who want to get off their tits to do it on a non toxic plant rather than deadly chemical compounds this guy would probably not be dead.

According to drug addiction expert Dr Alex Wodak, the only way you could die from a toxically high dose of cannabis is if it fell on them as it takes hundreds of kilos to get enough to be poisonous.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Sep 2018, 12:00 pm

Daddybang wrote:The British introduced drugs to China??? :silent: :lol: :drinks:

Sure enough did.

The Opium Wars came about because the British started flooding China with opium as a deliberate strategy to undermine their social stability so as to dominate trade and diplomacy in the Asian region.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 19 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

China was using opium as a medicine since the seventh.century which is about a thousand years before the opium wars of the 17th century. :drinks:
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Sep 2018, 3:02 pm

Daddybang wrote:China was using opium as a medicine since the seventh.century which is about a thousand years before the opium wars of the 17th century. :drinks:

That's correct, as a medicine.

The British, and to a lesser degree, the Americans flooded China with opium and marketed it as a recreational substance to target their tight social structures.
When the epidemic of addiction started to reach into the upper-middle classes the Chinese started to fight back.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by grandadbushy » 19 Sep 2018, 3:33 pm

It in my opinion it takes the most cunning , the one with the most backing from other countries and best armed country to take over another country
that's why nothing is done about removing leaders from countries at war unless it suits the big powers to do so
The belief of the do gooders of the world becoming one is wishful thinking
Look back thousands of years they were bickering then nothings changed then they bring out the racism side
Yes there are people being persecuted more than others ,been happening for thousands of years '' IS it right '' '' NO'' will it stop '' NO ''
Lets look at why its because the world has so many different nationalities that's what makes the world so unique while you have people that
think it is only them and their kind that matter then there is always conflict that's the nature of the beast it's not always who is right or wrong it's who's
the best equipped with what I mentioned above cunningness, how many friends they can muster and weapons

China if it decides to enter into Australian affairs or any other country they will do so especially if we are handing them 90 year leases on your country
like Darwin harbour
The world will never be one ''EVER'' because the human race won't let it like the Romans , Vikings, Ghangis, British, and you could go on for ever
America with its Civil war kin against kin
But we can try and live together as friends but I doubt we ever will because then comes GREED and RELIGION they can be two of the most devastating poisons
on earth in my opinion
I try and live a good life obey the law although I don't agree with some of it but do obey it life is too short to worry about what may or may not happen
I'm sure our beloved gov will give part of the truth to the media who then will give their version of the truth and by the time we get it and decipher it
it will be all over

Just sayin cheers
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 19 Sep 2018, 3:39 pm

Ziad i'm not up with all this abbreviations what does ''Rotfl'' stand for ?
cheers
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics