Cannabis.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Cannabis.

Post by Daddybang » 31 Jan 2018, 1:28 pm

Gamerancher wrote:I have a sister-in-law that has become quite psychotic and paranoid due to smoking dope. She's violent and in reality needs locking up. She is a total mess. Her own daughter is sh!t scared of her. I've had a couple of good mates also fry their brains and become useless basket cases due to excessive dope smoking. Tell me again how "harmless" it is. Like all drugs, it is people with addictive susceptibility that suffer the most.

at no time did I say it was harmless like any substance if abused it can have side effects. What I said was in twenty years of being a smoker I never saw it so to me it only affects a small percentage in that way. As you said its those with an under lying issue ie an addictive susceptibility. As ya also said ya mates were smoking "excessive amounts"
I simply don't agree that someone that has a medical use for cannabis should be banned from owning a firearm :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Jan 2018, 5:22 pm

Like a lot of chemicals the effects of dope, long or short term will be all about two things
1, The dosage. The more often or the greater the amount the higher the risk. Particularly if it is acute. (lots in 1 big hit)
2, DNA/Genetics, this you have no control over. Its just a numbers game and who was rooting who & you popped out.

Some is luck some you have control over.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rikta » 31 Jan 2018, 5:38 pm

I only see the push for "medicinal" weed as a push to further normalize it for recreational use. There really isn't any other reason its pushed that hard. Soooo in short what is toted as some amazing cure for xyz (cough bulls**t cough cough) will be nothing more than thousands more emphysema cases and lung/tongue/mouth/throat cancer and the likes.
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 31 Jan 2018, 5:58 pm

Rikta wrote:I only see the push for "medicinal" weed as a push to further normalize it for recreational use. There really isn't any other reason its pushed that hard. Soooo in short what is toted as some amazing cure for xyz (cough bulls**t cough cough) will be nothing more than thousands more emphysema cases and lung/tongue/mouth/throat cancer and the likes.

You've never seen the difference it can make to a suffer of severe epilepsy I take it. ? Or the pain it can relieve for terminal cancer patients. ? :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics