Another anti-gun poll.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another anti-gun poll.

Post by bladeracer » 22 Feb 2018, 12:57 pm

Another anti-gun poll.

http://wkrn.com/2018/02/19/poll-do-you-support-the-sale-of-military-style-rifles-to-the-public/

Thought some of our FUDD's might like to go and hit the NO option.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Another anti-gun poll.

Post by bladeracer » 22 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

It even let me vote twice within a minute.
WKRN poll.JPG
WKRN poll.JPG (26.03 KiB) Viewed 6995 times

WKRN poll 2.JPG
WKRN poll 2.JPG (23.34 KiB) Viewed 6995 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 22 Feb 2018, 1:15 pm

I did four just for good luck. Seems it might not be an accurate poll one way or the other. for no you just have to sit there and do another 16000 times at this point who knows how far it will go in this age of tech media.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bladeracer » 22 Feb 2018, 1:23 pm

sungazer wrote:I did four just for good luck. Seems it might not be an accurate poll one way or the other. for no you just have to sit there and do another 16000 times at this point who knows how far it will go in this age of tech media.

Exactly, they're unlikely to ever change anything, but for the effort involved I think it's always worth at least showing the anti-gun morons what they're up against :-)
I did forget to mention it being foreign, but to me any attack on legal firearm ownership is a worldwide problem.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 22 Feb 2018, 1:44 pm

bentaz wrote:Voted twice, gotta love democracy.
"They" love to tell us ho much support there is for banning guns, but we never it come poll time and you can bet the anti's share these polls around as much if not more than we do!

Yep, and they still fail making it blatantly obvious to any intelligent person that they're on a hiding to nowhere :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 22 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

bladeracer wrote:
bentaz wrote:Voted twice, gotta love democracy.
"They" love to tell us ho much support there is for banning guns, but we never it come poll time and you can bet the anti's share these polls around as much if not more than we do!

Yep, and they still fail making it blatantly obvious to any intelligent person that they're on a hiding to nowhere :-)

Keywords being " any intelligent person"
I hit yes three times! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 23 Feb 2018, 8:06 am

Must be running with the Democrat voting software, how else could Obummer have polled over 100% of the vote in some districts?
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Newgunguy » 23 Feb 2018, 9:30 am

I did this pole yesterday and when I tried to do it again it said that my vote was already counted, so this time I just left a comment!

Charles.
Newgunguy
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by pomemax » 24 Feb 2018, 8:52 pm

Newgunguy wrote:I did this pole yesterday and when I tried to do it again it said that my vote was already counted, so this time I just left a comment!

Charles.
then you vote from your phone /laptop /desk top/
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by scoobs » 25 Feb 2018, 8:17 am

if only it would help australia
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 25 Feb 2018, 2:25 pm

Are any of you suggesting it would be good to arm high school children with Assault rifles.Consider the parents of the dead????
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 25 Feb 2018, 2:59 pm

bentaz wrote:
i-support-the-right-to-arm-bears-19508051.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by scoobs » 25 Feb 2018, 4:25 pm

bentaz wrote:
The attachment i-support-the-right-to-arm-bears-19508051.png is no longer available

still no match for the combat wombat
Attachments
Gttm9ue.jpg
Gttm9ue.jpg (69.01 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 25 Feb 2018, 4:29 pm

Hmm.. Bear vs Wombat.. I see a "reality" tv show in the making!!! :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 25 Feb 2018, 4:33 pm

duncan61 wrote:Are any of you suggesting it would be good to arm high school children with Assault rifles.Consider the parents of the dead????

I'm waiting to see how many of the parents own AR15's themselves, and I'd bet a large number of the students have been around them too...without harming anybody.

Because you can't trust yourself with one don't assume nobody else can be trusted to behave responsibly, even kids shoot these rifles without going crazy. Get your mind around the fact that whatever laws are introduced, not one of them will ever prevent a crazy person from committing these tragedies. Making it harder for good people to buy and own firearms of any type has zero impact on criminals and crazies. If somebody is determined to destroy other people he will find a way.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Feb 2018, 4:37 pm

This was an avatar I had for some years when I first went online.
I didn't create it, my brother started including it in emails to me :-)
Attachments
bazooka squirrel.jpg
bazooka squirrel.jpg (26.81 KiB) Viewed 6785 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

bladeracer wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Are any of you suggesting it would be good to arm high school children with Assault rifles.Consider the parents of the dead????

I'm waiting to see how many of the parents own AR15's themselves, and I'd bet a large number of the students have been around them too...without harming anybody.

Because you can't trust yourself with one don't assume nobody else can be trusted to behave responsibly, even kids shoot these rifles without going crazy. Get your mind around the fact that whatever laws are introduced, not one of them will ever prevent a crazy person from committing these tragedies. Making it harder for good people to buy and own firearms of any type has zero impact on criminals and crazies. If somebody is determined to destroy other people he will find a way.

Well said BR :drinks:
And I reckon the winner of the bear vs wombat challenge should be advanced to taking on the squirrel!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 25 Feb 2018, 7:02 pm

There is a motion to raize the age for auto rifles to 21 and not sell firearms to mentally unstable people.Is that completely outrageous.Sure he could of sourced explosive material and blown the school up but easy access to an auto rifle simplified the task.He planned to go and do this and went at a time to maximize the result.The security guards did not enter the area because of the rate of fire going on.The students and parents have had enough.I have been to the states twice,My son did 2 years high school basketball and 1 year college ball in Ohio.most schools have like airport security to prevent this it is just not acceptable to be scared going to school
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 25 Feb 2018, 7:19 pm

of coarse its not outrageous Duncan, but changing firearm legislation wont change anything
mentally unstable people should not be able to have firearms, this kid was a wank and the FBI gave him the opportunity to live out his dream :thumbsdown:
by not grabbing him when they could have, nobody believes any different

Martin Bryant was not grabbed when he should have been either :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Feb 2018, 7:40 pm

duncan61 wrote:There is a motion to raize the age for auto rifles to 21 and not sell firearms to mentally unstable people.Is that completely outrageous.Sure he could of sourced explosive material and blown the school up but easy access to an auto rifle simplified the task.He planned to go and do this and went at a time to maximize the result.The security guards did not enter the area because of the rate of fire going on.The students and parents have had enough.I have been to the states twice,My son did 2 years high school basketball and 1 year college ball in Ohio.most schools have like airport security to prevent this it is just not acceptable to be scared going to school

That rate of of fire was children being murdered! Any man should've been running toward the firing, not hiding outside in safety.
I agree, but legal gun ownership is not the problem here. There were YEARS of warnings and CONSTANT scrutiny of this kid and NOBODY did ANYTHING AT ALL. Similar to Martin Bryant. The gun was not the cause of this tragedy.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 25 Feb 2018, 7:59 pm

I see your point much clearer now
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 26 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm

duncan61 wrote:I see your point much clearer now

no problem :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 27 Feb 2018, 7:39 am

If there was 'years of scrutiny on this kid', then how the fck did he get his hands on an auto firing rifle?
Seems to me that some changes in legislation DO need to occur. I don't advocate the 'ban it' attitude but there does need to be checks and balances to prevent whackos getting hold of guns.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by marksman » 27 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

Gwion wrote:If there was 'years of scrutiny on this kid', then how the fck did he get his hands on an auto firing rifle?
Seems to me that some changes in legislation DO need to occur. I don't advocate the 'ban it' attitude but there does need to be checks and balances to prevent whackos getting hold of guns.

no,
as has been said by people who are American on this forum there is already legislation in place to stop these wanks getting/owning a firearm in the US
the authority's did not act :thumbsdown:
if they do not do there job what will making more rules/laws change :unknown:
not a thing :allegedly:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 27 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

Gwion wrote:If there was 'years of scrutiny on this kid', then how the fck did he get his hands on an auto firing rifle?

An auto firing rifle? He had a common AR15 as far as I'm aware, the same as most Americans own.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 27 Feb 2018, 10:16 am

Yes. Alledgedly.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gamerancher » 27 Feb 2018, 11:26 am

His juvenile history was quashed as part of a snivel libertarian program to stop "vunerable" child offenders from having a criminal record.
Had he had the regular reporting done he would have been flagged under the background checks that are in place already.

http://www.naacp.org/latest/ending-the- ... n-florida/
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 27 Feb 2018, 1:45 pm

Well. Then the US needs to take a good long hard look at itself and how it operates.
It's not good enough to say 'but these acts are isolated to a few areas' and 'it's not the gun, it's the authorities not doing their job'. The fact is it happens far too often and solutions need to found. Rhetoric and indignation is cheap; real solutions take a little more effort.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 27 Feb 2018, 1:49 pm

I mean, if current legislation is failing to prevent these atrocities then it needs to be updated or amended so that it does.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bladeracer » 27 Feb 2018, 1:58 pm

Gwion wrote:I mean, if current legislation is failing to prevent these atrocities then it needs to be updated or amended so that it does.

I don't think it's any lack of legislation, they throw more of that at the problem every time it comes up. In this instance the cause seems to be lack of communication and co-ordination between departments combined with zero actual will among the community or officials to act, for various reasons of their own. A LOT of people, including authorities, have known about this kid for years without doing anything. I even saw one report that the kid himself rang Police begging them to do something to stop him.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics