WA News Link

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WA News Link

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Mar 2018, 8:33 am

Maybe we should call you "Nostradamus".
Bugger me, a police/media beat up, who'd of thought?
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 02 Mar 2018, 8:43 am

Hey trekin would ya mind given me Saturdays lotto numbers!! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 02 Mar 2018, 8:46 am

duncan61 wrote:15 firearm charges have been made.This bloke should not see free time again.Not sure I get the attitude Trekin If you dont like W.A. stay away.I like Queensland a lot

A perfect example of someone being judged guilty ti proven innocent :thumbsdown:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 02 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Gamerancher wrote:Maybe we should call you "Nostradamus".
Bugger me, a police/media beat up, who'd of thought?

Call me whatever you like, just don't call me late for lunch. :thumbsup:
"who'd of thought?" Going by some of the comments above, there are some people who need to watch out for knee height objects, and that you wouldn't want to be standing next to at the bus stop.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Mar 2018, 9:09 am

We had an example of this a couple of years ago with a local dealer. Police decided to do an audit and found some non-compliance issues with his paperwork, nothing sinister, just "incorrect" record keeping. Then the sh!t hit the fan and they went all out on the bloke. Called in the media, told them how they had over 15000 ( actually I think it was much higher, just going off memory here), "illegal" firearms offences him. Well, that just sent the media into a frenzy, calling for all sorts of changes to the laws etc.
Turns out that most of the problem was actually with the Firearms registry and an ambiguous directive they had given to dealers in relation to record keeping.
The huge number of offences was due to the police counting each individual round/box of ammo on the premises as a separate offence.
After the dust settled, he cleared his name and returned to running his business. No retraction ever, by police or media, about him being wrongly accused.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by holden4th » 02 Mar 2018, 5:49 pm

I'm going to claim some credit for this about face. This was Phil's reply to my e-mail to him (posted earlier).

Hi Ric.

I am making follow up inquires as we speak with the man's lawyer and several others.

I know there is more to the story and I am aiming to get to the bottom of it all.

Watch this space.

Thanks for the email.

Phil.

Maybe there are some decent journos out ther.
holden4th
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics