Another case of recreational outrage

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another case of recreational outrage

Post by Bigjobss » 28 Feb 2018, 7:49 pm

http://www.news.com.au/technology/scien ... 9ab19caa48

Prepare to rage...

Whilst that type of trophy hunting is not for me I do feel some sympathy for the bloke, although the sunglasses and hat photo was in very bad taste and has no place in hunting.
A couple of sooks that have no idea about conservationism and how the real world works crack the s**ts and he is forced to resign, he wasn't even bragging about it on social media, carefull what you post online.
Bigjobss

Re: Another case of recreational outrage

Post by deye243 » 28 Feb 2018, 10:46 pm

what a dick he deserves all he got after that
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 01 Mar 2018, 6:52 am

The bloke is a fakn idjiit deserves everything he gets .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 01 Mar 2018, 7:15 am

Guy's a creep
If you're going to shoot a baboon (wtf?),
at least show it some respect
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Mar 2018, 8:59 am

Wanker.jpg
Wanker.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 6466 times

Not a nice guy-sicko
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Mar 2018, 9:07 am

I wonder if he dresses up as well to go hunting these baboons may be a clown suit would be fitting for him :thumbsup: :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by bullzeye » 01 Mar 2018, 10:01 am

Wild pests - sure.

Endangered species like Elephants - what an a55hole.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Homer » 01 Mar 2018, 10:52 am

G'Day Fella's,

I know Nick and have so for many decades.
This was more to do with Who he is, rather than What he is.
Just remember, if your a Hunter or Shooter, and you hold a public or other office of any kind, you'll be on the Gun Grabbers hit list!

Bullzeye, Elephants are not endangered, thats why Nick was over there, legally hunting them in that country.

Fella's, can I please suggest if it's in the mass media and they say or infer that something is BAD...... it is probably GOOD!
If the mass media says something is Black, it is probably White.
Apart from the very occasional story, generally you can't believe ANYTHING thats in the mass media
If you want to get a clearer view of any media story, to just think the opposite of what the media saying or inferring.

D'oh!
Homer
Last edited by Homer on 01 Mar 2018, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Bigjobss » 01 Mar 2018, 10:52 am

bullzeye wrote:Wild pests - sure.

Endangered species like Elephants - what an a55hole.

Elephants are a wild pest in some areas
Bigjobss

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2018, 10:59 am

Think about it another way fellas..anyone who posts a photo of a dead animal that might be a bit gruesome (say a rabbit with a half it's head missing) runs the risk of being forced out of their job and loosing their livelihood still think it's fair?. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 01 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

Exactly right Mr Bang.
We see one photo in poor taste but how many others were there to choose from? A shifty journalist went snooping into his forum activties, much like this one, and beat up a story knowing it would cause moral outrage and sell papers.

Most westerners dont like seeing charasmatic megafauna like elephants being killed, but there is a thing called conservation hunting, in some scenarios the only way to protect a species is to generate an industry around it so it has an economic value that gets people invested.

If you think its ok to shoot certain species legally but not others legally because of pesonal predjudice then you are a speciest, all animals are equal if they can be sustainably hunted.
Last edited by Bigjobss on 01 Mar 2018, 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bigjobss

Post by JimTom » 01 Mar 2018, 11:13 am

Exactly why I don’t have social media, not that I would post hunting pictures anyway. It’s just another platform for the lefty firearm haters to use as propaganda.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Mar 2018, 11:19 am

Homer nobody said he was doing anything illegal to me it was the disrespect he gave the dead baboon
if it was him that dressed the baboon that is
I detest wild dogs and shoot heaps but I don't dress any dead ones up and disrespect them
And him being in the position should have been very aware of the media and the case may be he made 1 bad
judgement and has paid the price as has many
And the big thing is he wasn't doing anything illegal as far as shooting goes just something tactless and yes
he may be a nice bloke but you take on those high jobs fully aware of the dangers lurking around you
Should he loose his job NO because thousands of other people pose with their trophies and his only mistake was
posing with a dead boboon with a hat and sunglasses on '' the baboon that is''and for that he does deserve a clown suit
providing he done it knowing fullwell
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 01 Mar 2018, 11:55 am

dressing the baboon up is disrespectful and shows a lack of empathy
the guy deserves to be dressed down
this type of behaviour taints us all with the same brush and is very damaging :thumbsdown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by ebr love » 01 Mar 2018, 12:07 pm

Daddybang wrote:Think about it another way fellas..anyone who posts a photo of a dead animal that might be a bit gruesome (say a rabbit with a half it's head missing) runs the risk of being forced out of their job and loosing their livelihood still think it's fair?. :drinks:

I'd have to disagree with that mate.

Context, even if the outcome is technically the same.

Culling vertebrate pests is task, a job.
Hunting for food is feeding yourself.
Pictures of skinning or gutting animals in preparation for eating is education.

Posing an animal you took the life of with sunnies and a hat like you're "hanging out" in the 4x4 for a gag is juvenile BS.

It's this kind of cowboy s**t that casts a poor light on all over us and fosters the general negative leaning opinion the public hold towards sensible LAFO and shooting in general.

I don't really know anything the various population levels or environmental impacts of the different animals in Africa, I'm not talking about having shot either of the animals in particular. If they were clearing pests out of necessity, or hunting for food in a sustainable way that's fine, but that photo is different thing.

IMHO.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by southwest shooter » 01 Mar 2018, 12:21 pm

How you can defend this bloke is beyond me , he's a fakn wanker .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 01 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm

All above responses put case better than I can
This guy doesnt deserve to lose his job but he has done great damage to our cause with his post
Gotta reallyquestion the mentality of someone who would do that and post it
And he is out there somewhere with a loaded gun!

Yeah he is the victim of a left media conspiracy! Who needs that when this tool is doing it for them
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Archie » 01 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

ebr love wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Think about it another way fellas..anyone who posts a photo of a dead animal that might be a bit gruesome (say a rabbit with a half it's head missing) runs the risk of being forced out of their job and loosing their livelihood still think it's fair?. :drinks:

I'd have to disagree with that mate.

Context, even if the outcome is technically the same.

Culling vertebrate pests is task, a job.
Hunting for food is feeding yourself.
Pictures of skinning or gutting animals in preparation for eating is education.

Posing an animal you took the life of with sunnies and a hat like you're "hanging out" in the 4x4 for a gag is juvenile BS.

It's this kind of cowboy s**t that casts a poor light on all over us and fosters the general negative leaning opinion the public hold towards sensible LAFO and shooting in general.

I don't really know anything the various population levels or environmental impacts of the different animals in Africa, I'm not talking about having shot either of the animals in particular. If they were clearing pests out of necessity, or hunting for food in a sustainable way that's fine, but that photo is different thing.

IMHO.

+1. If you're a hunter you should show the animal a bit of respect. I don't believe he should lose his job for it, and I have no problems with someone shooting baboon if the population is sustainable (I have no idea) - but I don't have any respect for someone who behaves like in that photo.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by slickncghia » 01 Mar 2018, 12:56 pm

This is a subjective moral argument.

People shouldn't lose their jobs, families shouldn't lose their financial security because some people think they are being immoral.

Laws are there for a reason so that we don't need to have these arguments. It's either legal or not.

We jump on this guy. Idiot or not it reinforces the idea of social collective punishment.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
slickncghia
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2018, 1:16 pm

Now have another look at what I've posted fellas. ..at no time did I defend the photo I asked if it's fair for him to be hounded out of his job. If you think it is then do ya also think these same idiots that went after him would have the right to hound anyone who puts up a photo that is a bit gruesome that they don't like?. And an animal with half it's head missing or a big hole thru it ain't education. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 01 Mar 2018, 1:24 pm

Slickncghia
Subjective moral arguments aside, calling this guy out here on the forum is not collective social punishment -
It is his peers renforcing the norms of our subculture - his actions have sullied the image of. ethical hunters and some have called him out. After all the standard you walk past is the standard you accept
If our guns do get taken off us it will be due to the actions of clowns like this
Our right to own guns can be rescinded at the stroke of a pollies pen
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by slickncghia » 01 Mar 2018, 2:00 pm

calling someone out isn't a punishment.... until it is.

until people post it on news sites and harass on social media and harass his employer till he loses his job.

then it certainly is.

The people he was with should call him out for being a knob. people saying "he deserves whatever is coming to him" are just reinforcing that
a persons moral perspective is worth stripping someone of employment.

its not a large leap from people taking some of the photos from the "hunt report" thread here and doxing people
its not a big jump from Babboon to cute kitty of lovely fox.
slickncghia
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 01 Mar 2018, 2:53 pm

Baboons are an absolute pest in some areas and cause a lot of damage to orchards and vegetable crops which are the life-blood of some villages.
I know a couple of fella's that go to Africa hunting and they are sought out by the villagers to control baboon numbers. The animals taken are then eaten by the villagers. Don't condemn if you don't know.
Also, Income earned through managed "big game" hunting is sometimes the only thing preserving the species. By putting a high dollar value on "trophies", the locals have a vested interest in preserving the herds and working against illegal poaching which is responsible for putting most of the threatened species in that category. $50,000 for a trophy elephant goes a long way towards paying rangers to patrol and protect the rest.

It's a bit hypocritical to want this bloke hanged, drawn and quartered and then jump up and down when your own hunting pursuits are criticized by the anti's.

Just another example of how social media can destroy someone if enough fu%kwits jump up and down about something posted on it.

Rant over!
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 01 Mar 2018, 3:26 pm

Agree with you all the way Gamerancher. Bad taste maybe but thats no to be persecuted over as I have said on the hunt thread some of those photos I think are un necessarily gruesome. I can take it but it gives someone who is not used to dead animals a real shock and looks offensive to them. They could well start up a campaign against you or the group in general.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Stix » 01 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm

Are you saying you want me sacked daddybang...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 01 Mar 2018, 4:36 pm

Scooter wrote:Exactly why I don’t have social media, not that I would post hunting pictures anyway. It’s just another platform for the lefty firearm haters to use as propaganda.

Hate to tell ya scooter...but this IS social media mate...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 01 Mar 2018, 4:39 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Guy's a creep
If you're going to shoot a baboon (wtf?),
at least show it some respect

+1
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2018, 4:39 pm

Stix wrote:

Are you saying you want me sacked daddybang...?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly the opposite mate! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 Mar 2018, 4:41 pm

southwest shooter wrote:How you can defend this bloke is beyond me , he's a fakn wanker .

Spell check...you left out the "r" in fakn... (farkn)... :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 01 Mar 2018, 4:41 pm

marksman wrote:dressing the baboon up is disrespectful and shows a lack of empathy
the guy deserves to be dressed down
this type of behaviour taints us all with the same brush and is very damaging :thumbsdown:

very true
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics