More infighting :-(

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

More infighting :-(

Post by bladeracer » 02 Mar 2018, 4:28 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: More infighting :-(

Post by brett1868 » 02 Mar 2018, 4:47 pm

Makes for an interesting read, haven’t digested it enough to comment on the content by either party yet. Will be interesting to see what Borsak comes back with though...
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2018, 6:45 pm

FARK the ssaa and there bull chit :crazy: :thumbsdown: they could not lie straight in bed :lol: :lol:

they don't get my vote but Robert does, go SFF :drinks:

nobody would seriously believe anything from the ssaa they suck :thumbsdown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by groundhog » 02 Mar 2018, 7:19 pm

marksman wrote:FARK the ssaa and there bull chit :crazy: :thumbsdown: they could not lie straight in bed :lol: :lol:

Have you actually read both the facebook post and the SSAA response? Where is this bullchit you speak of?

Not denying that there are problems with the SSAA but there ain't no halo over Robert Borsak's head either.
groundhog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Mar 2018, 7:22 pm

Ballsack is a self-serving arsehole who will say anything in order to drum up a few votes to keep himself in parliament. The SFFF party were once a force to be reckoned with. They are just a bunch of lame ducks now. The idiot who got in in Orange is just a Labour party stooge who has achieved zip since getting elected.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm

SSAA is garbage and deserve any heckle that they get.
Bigjobss

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm

Yeah, but base it on fact not just some nobody like Ballsack posting on f*cktardbook. I think if you read the link they were more than adequate in their rebuttal of the fool, he hasn't taken the invite to prove that there is any substance to his ravings or to correct his blatant falsehoods.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Mar 2018, 7:56 pm

My disdain for the SSAA has nothing to do with ballsacks :clap:
Bigjobss

Post by Tiger650 » 02 Mar 2018, 8:13 pm

My disdain for the SSAA has nothing to do with ballsacks :clap:

Ditto. IME the are interested in their little "earner" and care nothing for the future of shooting sports.

Would not piss on them if they were afire.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 02 Mar 2018, 8:39 pm

TROLLOLOL
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Mar 2018, 8:41 pm

groundhog wrote:
marksman wrote:FARK the ssaa and there bull chit :crazy: :thumbsdown: they could not lie straight in bed :lol: :lol:

Have you actually read both the facebook post and the SSAA response? Where is this bullchit you speak of?

Not denying that there are problems with the SSAA but there ain't no halo over Robert Borsak's head either.

hey groundhog "no disrespect"
but there infighting has been a tit for tat all over the internet on forums for ages
as I said "nobody would believe anything from the ssaa" as fact's
they are wolves in sheep's clothing and they do fark all for you

if the ssaa were so righteous they would allow bad feedback from there members on there faceache and web page instead of deleting it all
and by the way I don't have faceache or have I ever left bad feedback for them on the site
I was personally told by there facilities manager that they delete it all and they don't even consider it
don't get sucked in by there crap
Borsak is not the only person to be very critical of the ssaa
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 02 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

I'm not going to make comment on gripes people have with the SSAA as I am a long time member of the SSAA Sydney branch. I used to sit back and snipe at what they should / shouldn't be doing but in the past couple years I have seen some of the good work they do promoting the juniors shooting programs and getting the mobile range out to various events. I decided late last year to stop talking and start doing something, with this in mind I signed up and have been accepted as a volunteer R.O and training course booked for tomorrow week. I will be working with the Junior Development program teaching the kiddies the joys of the shooting sports and working the mobile range when needed.
Sure, they can do things better probably but unless we get involved to improve the situation nothing will change.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Bigjobss » 02 Mar 2018, 9:59 pm

Good work Brett, actions speak louder than words.
Bigjobss

Post by Wylie27 » 02 Mar 2018, 10:08 pm

I am a little bit further behind Brett1868. I have put in the paper work to be an RSO at the sae place

Happy to helpcout where i can.

What the SSAA and the SFFP need to remember iscthey are fighting for our rights and not each other.

We are making in roads and having laws turned around/softened this kind of s**t just shows we still dont have an effective lobby group.

In NSW we have a politically active SSAA branch (sydney ans NSW) and 3 members of parliament for the SSAA.

Why havent we managed to fully roll back rhe ammo bill and other idiotic laws. Because infighting..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 02 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm

Wylie27 wrote:What the SSAA and the SFFP need to remember is they are fighting for our rights and not each other.

This. Everyone seems to forget.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 03 Mar 2018, 6:49 am

brett1868 wrote:I'm not going to make comment on gripes people have with the SSAA as I am a long time member of the SSAA Sydney branch. I used to sit back and snipe at what they should / shouldn't be doing but in the past couple years I have seen some of the good work they do promoting the juniors shooting programs and getting the mobile range out to various events. I decided late last year to stop talking and start doing something, with this in mind I signed up and have been accepted as a volunteer R.O and training course booked for tomorrow week. I will be working with the Junior Development program teaching the kiddies the joys of the shooting sports and working the mobile range when needed.
Sure, they can do things better probably but unless we get involved to improve the situation nothing will change.

best thing i've seen on this subject, instead of bitching about what's wrong brett's getting involved to make a difference. i have been told some shocking things about the politics and behaviour at belmont up here in brisbane. that's the reason i shoot at ripley with it's relaxed atmoshere and a real good social aspect where just about all people there are ready for a chat. RO out there is done on a vollunteer basis and is something i've done to help out many times.without representation from a organisation like SSAA we probably wouldn't have any firearms if the lefties had their way, if there is something wrong with our representative organization, let's get more involved to change it. just a idea...... :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 03 Mar 2018, 3:09 pm

Grass roots Volunteers are what many organizations run and I am sure the SSAA needs some. I would like to see a few people that shoot getting involved with the running of the SSAA Board level. In some ways I think the Volunteers are being used as the SSAA is a commercial Business.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bladeracer » 03 Mar 2018, 3:21 pm

sungazer wrote:Grass roots Volunteers are what many organizations run and I am sure the SSAA needs some. I would like to see a few people that shoot getting involved with the running of the SSAA Board level. In some ways I think the Volunteers are being used as the SSAA is a commercial Business.

According to the article all the board members are active shooters.
Attachments
SSAA Board.JPG
SSAA Board.JPG (73.77 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 03 Mar 2018, 3:33 pm

That statement " SSAA NSW is recognized as the only organization equipped to credibly represent the shooting sports and LAFO" just shows the level of self centernessed that they have. There are other shooting organizations that have been around for a lot longer that represent other aspects of the sport also at an international level.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by RoginaJack » 04 Mar 2018, 9:26 pm

Great to see Brett, ...

Robert whines about how many ranges has the NSW SSAA built; well Robert how many ranges have you pushed for Gov. grants or funding.

Hey Sungazer, Care to name the other organizations that have been around longer than the SSAA.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 9:01 am

Sure all the States had Rifle Associations Queens/King prize shoots were being held see below for some history lifted from another website better than I could write.

In 1860 the National Rifle Association of New South Wales was formed to encourage general rifle proficiency in the community and give permanency to the Volunteer Corps. The Associations first home was the Paddington Rifle Range where there were local competitions organized for a quarter of a century. In 1890, due to the opening of Centennial Park and safety concerns over the boundaries of the range, shooting ceased. A replacement range was established at Randwick, near the present day Maroubra Junction.

The first long range shooting match was held at Wimbledon in 1860 and other Commonwealth countries followed suit soon after.

Teams competed in the National Rifle Association matches in England at Wimbledon for the first time in 1886 and at Bisley in 1902. In 1876, Australia competed for the Centennial trophy in the first world long range championships at the Creedmoor Range in the USA, using muzzle loaders at 800, 900 and 1000 yards. The Palma match, as it is now known, is believed to be the oldest international shooting match in the world.

Fullbore first began in the mid 1800s and the first recorded Annual Prize Meeting was held by Sydney Rifle Club, NSW, on the 1st January 1845.

From Wiki The Sporting Shooters' Association of Australia (SSAA) was established in 1948[
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Mar 2018, 10:06 am

I was a member of the National Rifle Association of Australia (NRAA) and shot at the Maclean and Grafton ranges in Northern NSW but I believe that these have long closed. The NRAA only shoots "full bore" - .303 and now I presume 7.62. So what's your point?

Actually the next Commonwealth Games to be held in Birmingham, England in 2022 proposes no shooting sports be included.

AND some of the comments re the SSAA are well, I wouldn't say "childish" as that's just an insult to children!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 10:19 am

The NRAA is the governing body for all the states Fullbore Rifle Associations they shoot F class, Service match and some other competitions. You asked what has been around longer than the SSAA these bodys have been around longer and they represent a significant number of shooters. So the SSAA comment about them being the only organization is very self centered. There are also many other organizations that represent shooters the smallbore, Deer hunters there are heaps when you start looking around.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 05 Mar 2018, 10:34 am

All shooting organisations in Australia need to start working together rather than conducting inter-factional pissing competitions. The infighting with in each faction is actually sort of bewildering.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 11:00 am

Absolutely agree Gwion there are so many different shooting organizations all it does is weaken each one and put the cost of running the organization up. If they were able to amalgamate a few there would be huge savings due to economy of scale. Then there is the benefit of political push they would have if they acted like unions and directed members which way to vote. Then the pollies might take notice.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by marksman » 05 Mar 2018, 1:17 pm

Gwion wrote:All shooting organisations in Australia need to start working together rather than conducting inter-factional pissing competitions. The infighting with in each faction is actually sort of bewildering.

great idea,
and it does not take an Einstein to work it out
which is where all this tit for tat started from,
the ssaa not showing support for the SFF
the infighting has been going on for a long time
this is just one thing in a myriad of swipes from both
they are both as guilty as each other for this behaviour

do not get sucked in by this ssaa poor me bullchit :thumbsdown:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

I foresee a letter coming from the SSAA Legal attack dog soon for the owners of the forum about this thread. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 1:34 pm

I dont think that the forum administrators are responsible for the opinions of the members. There has be no real defamatory remarks made that would warrant legal action against any individual. We still have a modicum of free speech left.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Mar 2018, 3:01 pm

sungazer wrote:I dont think that the forum administrators are responsible for the opinions of the members. There has be no real defamatory remarks made that would warrant legal action against any individual. We still have a modicum of free speech left.

You can think that if you want too but history will probably prove you wrong (SSAA don't like any bad comments about them at all) so wouldn't be surprised if they get a call or email or letter, I could be wrong but history says otherwise. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sungazer » 05 Mar 2018, 4:23 pm

I guess if that is the case it just shows what a petty organization it is. They should be looking and spending their time and effort on more important things.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics