More infighting :-(

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: More infighting :-(

Post by Gamerancher » 06 Mar 2018, 11:07 am

Yes, the old "What have they ever done for me?" should be, "What can I do to help?".
I do my best to encourage new shooters, to get them their licence and get them on the range or out in the field shooting. Although as some of you may have noticed, I have a bias towards silhouette shooting and tend to push folks towards that. ( guilty your Honour :oops: ) :lol:
I applaud Brett in his undertakings :clap: and challenge the naysayers to get a bit more pro-active in doing the same.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

you know it's really presumptuous to think the naysayers have never volunteered for the ssaa
or given there effort, time, money to the shooter/hunter sport

it sounds really overconfident and smug
like saying nobody has a right to have a bad opinion of the ssaa and cannot voice it or they are just haters who nobody should pay attention to
I'm sure the ssaa would like nobody to criticise them, in fact we know they would, just like they delete the bad comments off there web page and face ache

the truth of it is the ssaa have burnt a heap of good people along the way and they have never supported the SFF, in fact the opposite

but gwion is dead right we as shooters/hunters should stick together because divided we fall
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 06 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

Gamerancher wrote:I do my best to encourage new shooters, to get them their licence and get them on the range or out in the field shooting. Although as some of you may have noticed, I have a bias towards silhouette shooting and tend to push folks towards that.

Really? I hadn't noticed :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 08 Mar 2018, 7:54 pm

Gwion wrote:All shooting organisations in Australia need to start working together rather than conducting inter-factional pissing competitions. The infighting with in each faction is actually sort of bewildering.

I don't often agree with you, but in this I absolutely do.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Gwion » 09 Mar 2018, 7:58 am

That's ok, mate. I'm sure you're not alone on that! :lol: :drinks:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Angel » 22 Apr 2018, 6:07 pm

BRNO_Bigot wrote:
Gwion wrote:All shooting organisations in Australia need to start working together rather than conducting inter-factional pissing competitions. The infighting with in each faction is actually sort of bewildering.

Couldn't agree more.
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics