NSW Police announce state-wide guns amnesty

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NSW Police announce state-wide guns amnesty

Post by Keith » 17 May 2018, 9:13 am

Last edited by Keith on 18 May 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: NSW Police announce state-wide guns amnesty

Post by PaddyT » 17 May 2018, 11:22 am

Has anyone thought that the amnesty would be the perfect way for a crim to get rid of a gun used in a crime? Walk in, dump it , no questions asked, gun destroyed, evidence gone.
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Keith » 17 May 2018, 12:02 pm

PaddyT wrote:Has anyone thought that the amnesty would be the perfect way for a crim to get rid of a gun used in a crime? Walk in, dump it , no questions asked, gun destroyed, evidence gone.

Interesting thought Paddy, no I had not!
Keith.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 17 May 2018, 1:15 pm

Keith wrote:
PaddyT wrote:Has anyone thought that the amnesty would be the perfect way for a crim to get rid of a gun used in a crime? Walk in, dump it , no questions asked, gun destroyed, evidence gone.

Interesting thought Paddy, no I had not!
Keith.

Reckon an angle grinder and a bit of time would be sufficient and less prone to worrying if they check the serial numbers...
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 17 May 2018, 2:07 pm

According to my neighbor(qld copper) all the firearms are serial checked and any suspect firearms are forensic tested. The example he gave me was say a.murder had been committed ten years ago by someone using a .38 and the firearm had never been recovered then every .38 handed in would be tested. I can't verify if this is true or not it's just what I've been told :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 17 May 2018, 7:39 pm

Daddybang wrote:According to my neighbor(qld copper) all the firearms are serial checked and any suspect firearms are forensic tested. The example he gave me was say a.murder had been committed ten years ago by someone using a .38 and the firearm had never been recovered then every .38 handed in would be tested. I can't verify if this is true or not it's just what I've been told :drinks:

Except for those they decide to steal
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 18 May 2018, 6:37 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Daddybang wrote:According to my neighbor(qld copper) all the firearms are serial checked and any suspect firearms are forensic tested. The example he gave me was say a.murder had been committed ten years ago by someone using a .38 and the firearm had never been recovered then every .38 handed in would be tested. I can't verify if this is true or not it's just what I've been told :drinks:

Except for those they decide to steal

Yep there is that!! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Keith » 18 May 2018, 11:09 am

One of the guns used in the Port Arthur massacre was one that had previously been handed in to the police!!! Don't tell me this was not orchestrated to implement gun confiscation!!!
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Angel » 18 May 2018, 12:57 pm

Keith wrote:One of the guns used in the Port Arthur massacre was one that had previously been handed in to the police!!! Don't tell me this was not orchestrated to implement gun confiscation!!!
Keith.

Im all for a good conspiracy but do you have evidence of this? Genuuine question not trying to be a smart @$$
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 1:01 pm

Keith wrote:One of the guns used in the Port Arthur massacre was one that had previously been handed in to the police!!! Don't tell me this was not orchestrated to implement gun confiscation!!!
Keith.

I have also read a lot of discussion about the AR-15 Bryant used having been handed in to police, but why would you leap to conspiracy theory to explain it?

Some of the main proponents of the "conspiracy" even make the ludicrous claim that Bryant didn't do it, that it was American and Israeli ex special forces types and it was all orchestrated by Little Johnny Howler because of his own professed fear and dislike of firearms. :crazy:

We have recently seen that some corrupt police have stolen surrendered weapons to keep or sell, why is it so hard to believe that that is how the beetle-brained Bryant got hold of it?

Seems a hell of a lot more logical than some vast government conspiracy to murder 35 Aussies, just to change some laws.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/dp9d ... conspiracy
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Keith » 18 May 2018, 2:07 pm

There is plenty of information on the net if you blokes are interested. There never was to my knowledge a coronal enquirie. Bryant was apparently placed in solitary confinement, no visitors allowed, & he is still there to my knowledge. Bryant's friends & neighbours said that Bryant did not own any guns.
Conspiracy theory or not, reading through all the info, this smells very dodgy!
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 18 May 2018, 2:13 pm

Keith.

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you, this was not orchestrated to implement gun confiscation. It's ridiculous and peddling conspiracy theories like just makes us LAFOs look like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing nutters. Does not help the cause one damn bit.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who reckon the government couldn't be trusted to competently to dig a ditch, also believe that same government are somehow capable of arranging and executing a deep-state conspiracy seamlessly and leak-free, simply in order to change a law. Because yeah, when you're planning your James-Bond-Villain style evil scheme for national civilian disarmament, your go-to guys are TasPol.

The best argument for focusing on mental health rather than ownership restrictions is simple - Bryant did it, not because he was manipulated, not because he was some government plant, but because he was an evil disturbed lunatic who shouldnt have been eligible for a drivers licence.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Keith » 18 May 2018, 2:27 pm

Archie wrote:
Keith.

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you, this was not orchestrated to implement gun confiscation. It's ridiculous and peddling conspiracy theories like just makes us LAFOs look like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing nutters. Does not help the cause one damn bit.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who reckon the government couldn't be trusted to competently to dig a ditch, also believe that same government are somehow capable of arranging and executing a deep-state conspiracy seamlessly and leak-free, simply in order to change a law. Because yeah, when you're planning your James-Bond-Villain style evil scheme for national civilian disarmament, your go-to guys are TasPol.

The best argument for focusing on mental health rather than ownership restrictions is simple - Bryant did it, not because he was manipulated, not because he was some government plant, but because he was an evil disturbed lunatic who shouldnt have been eligible for a drivers licence.

Unfortunately this is why we still have a totally corrupt to the core government ruling Australia, because the majority of people refuse to believe that the government would ever do anything wrong. Unbelievable. I have nothing more to say on this matter, it would be a waste of my time & effort.
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 18 May 2018, 2:50 pm

Keith wrote:
Archie wrote:
Keith.

Unfortunately this is why we still have a totally corrupt to the core government ruling Australia, because the majority of people refuse to believe that the government would ever do anything wrong. Unbelievable. I have nothing more to say on this matter, it would be a waste of my time & effort.
Keith.

I fully believe the government would do something wrong. It does wrong things all the time. Which is totally different from believing swill dredged up from the shallow end of the internet.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 3:47 pm

Keith wrote:There is plenty of information on the net if you blokes are interested.

This bit of truth may also be a waste of your time and effort, but I'll try anyway.
Keith, seriously mate, anyone with at least 2 brain cells to rub together knows that anyone can spout any mindless nonsnse on the interweb.
The trick with investigation and research is to look for evidence against as well as evidence for.
If you just go looking to prove a particular point, "evidence" on the internet can prove just about anything.
If you really do think that the web is the font of unbiased truth, I have a nice bridge you might be interested in. Great harbour views, going cheap.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Baitlayer » 18 May 2018, 5:05 pm

Keith,as a former Tas corrections worker I can assure you that your info regarding Bryants incarceration is about as far from the truth as you can get.If you care to check you will find that not only is he not in solitary but he was moved to the custody of the Health Dept Secure Mental Health Facility and was still there when I retired several years ago.As a former resident of the peninsula who had friends and family( including my son) present on the day who lost friends and acquaintances,or attended as emergency responders,I find these ridiculous conspiracy claims by you and others to be insulting and offensive to all involved .Please keep your remarks, based purely on heresay,speculation, and what you read on the Net, to yourself.I am sure there are forums on the net where such views are believed and valued by those that go there for such rubbish.An open forum where your views may offend people already badly hurt is no place for them.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 5:37 pm

Baitlayer wrote:Keith,as a former Tas corrections worker I can assure you that your info regarding Bryants incarceration is about as far from the truth as you can get.If you care to check you will find that not only is he not in solitary but he was moved to the custody of the Health Dept Secure Mental Health Facility and was still there when I retired several years ago.As a former resident of the peninsula who had friends and family( including my son) present on the day who lost friends and acquaintances,or attended as emergency responders,I find these ridiculous conspiracy claims by you and others to be insulting and offensive to all involved .Please keep your remarks, based purely on heresay,speculation, and what you read on the Net, to yourself.I am sure there are forums on the net where such views are believed and valued by those that go there for such rubbish.An open forum where your views may offend people already badly hurt is no place for them.

Well said.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Supaduke » 18 May 2018, 5:46 pm

The Port Arthur situation had its own thread where it was discussed ad nauseum. All the conspiracy theories have gaping holes in the argument, zero credible evidence and completely unscientific conclusions about things such as shooting accuracy , Bryant's mental condition and intelligence levels as well as completely disregarding eyewitness testimony. The thread was closed I believe because it just descended into stupidity. Makes me wonder what happened to old mate Genesis , the grand wizard of stupid theories. Can we not derail this thread any further.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 5:57 pm

Supaduke wrote:The Port Arthur situation had its own thread where it was discussed ad nauseum. All the conspiracy theories have gaping holes in the argument, zero credible evidence and completely unscientific conclusions about things such as shooting accuracy , Bryant's mental condition and intelligence levels as well as completely disregarding eyewitness testimony. The thread was closed I believe because it just descended into stupidity. Makes me wonder what happened to old mate Genesis , the grand wizard of stupid theories. Can we not derail this thread any further.

Genesis was assassinated by a Lee Oswald clone owned by the World Health Organization for getting too close to the truth about the vaccination conspiracy.

It was on the net

:crazy:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 18 May 2018, 7:20 pm

To get the thread back on topic. ....does nsw have a permanent amnesty like qld and I believe vic?? :unknown: :drinks: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 8:06 pm

Daddybang wrote:To get the thread back on topic. ....does nsw have a permanent amnesty like qld and I believe vic?? :unknown: :drinks: :drinks:

One would assume not.
Considering it starts and stops.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 May 2018, 9:00 pm

bentaz wrote:
Supaduke wrote:The Port Arthur situation had its own thread where it was discussed ad nauseum. All the conspiracy theories have gaping holes in the argument, zero credible evidence and completely unscientific conclusions about things such as shooting accuracy , Bryant's mental condition and intelligence levels as well as completely disregarding eyewitness testimony. The thread was closed I believe because it just descended into stupidity. Makes me wonder what happened to old mate Genesis , the grand wizard of stupid theories. Can we not derail this thread any further.

I believe Genesis was "taken out" buy the homo's running the global soy latte conglomerates, he was shot right in his tin foil hat! :allegedly:

No man, it was the WHO. It was on the NET!
Oh wait, maybe it was The Who.
Roger Daltry is a serious dude.
I think that might have been on the net too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Gaznazdiak on 18 May 2018, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 18 May 2018, 9:08 pm

Hear here...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 19 May 2018, 6:56 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Daddybang wrote:To get the thread back on topic. ....does nsw have a permanent amnesty like qld and I believe vic?? :unknown: :drinks: :drinks:

One would assume not.

So did the one they ran here in 2013 however I can take any unregistered firearm into the lgs at any time and get it registered. .just something the powers that be don't advertise. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 May 2018, 10:39 am

Daddybang wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:

One would assume not.

So did the one they ran here in 2013 however I can take any unregistered firearm into the lgs at any time and get it registered. .just something the powers that be don't advertise. :drinks:

I could be wrong, not an unknown occurrence, but I'm fairly certain I remember some senior police on the telly reminding people that if they still had unregistered guns after the end of the amnesty period they were liable for persecution. :drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 May 2018, 9:23 pm

This thread took an interesting turn.... I dunno I haven't researched any theories as it was before my time. But seeing what govt departments on all three levels do I can't believe I would let them organize a chook raffle if they assured me that I will win all prizes
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics