QLD - Can I change info on a PTA after its submitted.

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

QLD - Can I change info on a PTA after its submitted.

Post by Substance » 28 Jan 2017, 9:40 am

I have a question regarding PTA's I have 2 currently processing, both are for the same dealer. I want to change dealers, can i do this over the phone or will I need to put a new PTA in? This is for QLD.
Substance
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: QLD - Can I change info on a PTA after its submitted.

Post by RoginaJack » 28 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

Hum, good question and I'd suggest you ring Licensing Branch and explain the situation. Interested in the answer... :)
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Substance » 28 Jan 2017, 4:32 pm

I plan on calling them monday but i thought someone from here may know.
Substance
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 11 Feb 2017, 4:51 pm

The only thing I could find reference I could find re changing a PTA after it's been issued is -

Modifying a PTA

If you require modification to a PTA (i.e. you have changed your mind about the weapon to be acquired) you must return the original PTA to Weapons Licensing for modification.

Now, while this doesn't specifically mention changing the dealer, this may be broadly interpreted to cover all modifications of a PTA. NSW has a similar rule.

This no doubt may crop up - Dealer has lost the agency and can no longer get the firearm, Model has been discontinued/ out of stock but another dealer has it, Dealer has ceased business.

How did you get on? :thumbsup:
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Substance » 11 Feb 2017, 8:16 pm

Yeah i changed the details. I posted the pta back to them with a letter expaining what i wanted and they sent me.out a new pta. Sorry i didnt update this
Substance
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 11 Feb 2017, 8:22 pm

No Worries, glad to hear...All set now.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by AnotherMisfire » 14 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

If it's before it's sent, phone calls are fine. Once they send it they ask you to post it back.

AM
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Substance » 14 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

I applied for a 308 bolt. Then the lgs sold the rifle i wanted so i changed to lever 12g then was called by the lgs to say the 308 i wanted wasnt sold. So i called and changed back to the 308 drove to the shop to pay for and secure the rifle to be told it was sold... so i put money down on a 12g again and once again called wlb and had it changed.

From now on im only going to put the pta in after i put a deposit on the gun and after i change the shop i go to.
Substance
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Hucka » 15 Feb 2017, 12:43 pm

Substance wrote:I applied for a 308 bolt. Then the lgs sold the rifle i wanted so i changed to lever 12g then was called by the lgs to say the 308 i wanted wasnt sold. So i called and changed back to the 308 drove to the shop to pay for and secure the rifle to be told it was sold...

Bugger me lol.
Hucka
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by SlickColt » 15 Mar 2019, 6:44 am

Substance wrote:Yeah i changed the details. I posted the pta back to them with a letter expaining what i wanted and they sent me.out a new pta. Sorry i didnt update this

How long did it take to get your PTA back? I recieved my PTA in the mail yesterday however they listed the wrong dealer so I had to express post it back for them to change the dealer and Ive asked them to fax it directly to them. Needless to say I was a bit let down being my first PTA.
Howa 1500 Stainless Varmint 24” in .223
Howa 1500 Varmint 20” Bifrost .308
Huglu Sporter Deluxe 12G U/O
Savage A22R 22LR
Adler B230T Straight Pull 12G
SlickColt
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Fug » 09 Apr 2019, 8:37 pm

QLD Police lost my PTA twice. Worst part is, the action listed is wrong so I'll have to send it back once I finally get it. Applied 02 Feb and still waiting.
Fug
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 10 Apr 2019, 9:19 am

Yo Substance, what was so special about the 308 bolt that the dealer couldn't get another one? i thought 308 BA's where as common as.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 10 Apr 2019, 1:03 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yo Substance, what was so special about the 308 bolt that the dealer couldn't get another one? i thought 308 BA's where as common as.

What we don't know is whether or not a serial number was noted in the PTA application. If so, it was for a specific firearm.
Any PTA that I've applied for, even if it's an interstate transfer, I've NEVER noted a serial number. The dealer will note that at the time of the transfer.
We don't know the whole story.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws