New Firearm Alliance for NFA

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: New Firearm Alliance for NFA

Post by BluEsky » 31 Mar 2017, 2:31 pm

Quote..Gamerancher & BluEsky let the games begin! You see, I had a blog post saved up just for this, in my drafts, but I just couldn’t bring myself to posting it – for better or worse or something. But, I know what I am dealing with, you guys, you seem oblivious or just broken over time.

Games Who is playing Games? You say you Pay the SSAA WELL, and pay a Fee for Service, and your money supported the SSAA , and what you get for your money is Not enough, FFS give me a break! :roll:
Well I ran your thoughts past some of the crew in the Games Room who work in the Sport, and told them what you wanted for $75 and they all said ;) ..........
Attachments
tell%20him%20hes%20dreamin.jpg
tell%20him%20hes%20dreamin.jpg (73.43 KiB) Viewed 4341 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 31 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Gwion wrote:
juststarting wrote:But do you agree with my analysis of SSAA, Gwion?

Can't say I agree entirely with the negative run down of them but they do need an injection of new, enthusiastic blood that are more modern and professional in their approach.

Does that mean we are going to see juststarting fronting up and standing around on the Fire line with Keyboard in hand giving Range commands? :roll: and not holding his greedy little hand out for what he thinks his time is worth! :evil:
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 31 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

Blue, your attempts at rebuttal are sad. Not me for you, you are inconsequential, but rather how SSAA treats and a responds to it's members. Memes and LOLs and your sad attempt at 'argument from authority' when referring to your 'friends in a sport', which is a classic logical fallacy (I give you a minute to google that, ay?) are endemic and only further support my point.

Yes, $75 or whatever it is, I think I pay $80 something actually... But $75 across 50,000 members is $3,750,000 annual budget. Then factor in external donations from Winchester and NRA (ones I could find, there's probably​ more) and you have a powerhouse, a beast of association. Yet, nothing has been achieved.

By the way, I am still waiting on a list of SSAA achievements, surely a minimal annual budget of $3M gets something done, no?

So rather than sarcasm or posting memes, don't pull a Geoff, come armed with facts and at least try to save one membership from joining the mass exodus to Shooters Union Australia.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Mar 2017, 5:40 pm

juststarting wrote:Blue, your attempts at rebuttal are sad. Not me for you, you are inconsequential, but rather how SSAA treats and a responds to it's members. Memes and LOLs and your sad attempt at 'argument from authority' when referring to your 'friends in a sport', which is a classic logical fallacy (I give you a minute to google that, ay?) are endemic and only further support my point.

Yes, $75 or whatever it is, I think I pay $80 something actually... But $75 across 50,000 members is $3,750,000 annual budget. Then factor in external donations from Winchester and NRA (ones I could find, there's probably​ more) and you have a powerhouse, a beast of association. Yet, nothing has been achieved.

By the way, I am still waiting on a list of SSAA achievements, surely a minimal annual budget of $3M gets something done, no?

So rather than sarcasm or posting memes, don't pull a Geoff, come armed with facts and at least try to save one membership from joining the mass exodus to Shooters Union Australia.

They claim to have 180 000 members JS
That's 13.5 million dollars in membership annually.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 31 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm

My bad...
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm

Makes them look even less proactive hey ...
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 31 Mar 2017, 5:54 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Makes them look even less proactive hey ...

All the insurance advertising is evidence hat they are doing something, making money.
But it all seems to go into their own salaries than into representing members or putting our sport into the public eye for non-shooters to take an interest.
Perception is what counts here.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 31 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

...or investing back into local chapters and ranges.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 31 Mar 2017, 8:50 pm

juststarting wrote:...or investing back into local chapters and ranges.

A lot of money does go back into local branches.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by juststarting » 31 Mar 2017, 10:25 pm

Don't have the numbers, AHP interview suggested otherwise, as does the general state of the main rifle range in Victoria.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 01 Apr 2017, 3:24 am

There has been a lot go into a local range for flood repairs and major upgrades.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by BluEsky » 01 Apr 2017, 10:43 am

Quote..Blue, your attempts at rebuttal are sad. Not me for you, you are inconsequential, but rather how SSAA treats and a responds to it's members. Memes and LOLs and your sad attempt at 'argument from authority' when referring to your 'friends in a sport', which is a classic logical fallacy (I give you a minute to google that, ay?)

:D :shock: ..
Attachments
11sq8h.jpg
11sq8h.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 4305 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 01 Apr 2017, 4:39 pm

LOL. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, your typical SSAA representative. BlueEsky, keep trying mate - I am loving it :)

On a separate note, BlueEsky, which SSAA branch are you involved with?
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Apr 2017, 12:59 pm

As a member of the SSAA for decades, I am not renewing my membership over their lack of commitment on opposing the NFA, I have joined the Shooters Union instead.
Member-Deleted

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Apr 2017, 7:53 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:As a member of the SSAA for decades, I am not renewing my membership over their lack of commitment on opposing the NFA, I have joined the Shooters Union instead.

I don't believe you.... what would a shooter do on the crapper..... :P :unknown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Apr 2017, 8:56 pm

Give birth to a politician. :mrgreen:
Member-Deleted

Post by juststarting » 22 Apr 2017, 11:46 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Nice!