Some November camera photo's

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Some November camera photo's

Post by marksman » 12 Jan 2018, 5:51 pm

thought I'd share a couple of my November photo's with you guys :drinks:
:thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: some November camera photo's

Post by brett1868 » 12 Jan 2018, 8:14 pm

Pity the deer spoiled what were otherwise some nice shots :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by YoungBuck » 12 Jan 2018, 8:29 pm

Your trail cam looks like it produces some good quality shots, what have you got?
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 12 Jan 2018, 9:33 pm

YoungBuck wrote:Your trail cam looks like it produces some good quality shots, what have you got?

Ltl accorn. See in the left bottom corner of the photos
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Jan 2018, 7:27 am

Strange seeing the deer upright on here!!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 13 Jan 2018, 10:34 am

they are a great tool for checking an area
I have the older little acorn 5210a cameras, they are pretty cheap but I was advised to buy the genuine ones as the aldi (I do like the aldi warranty) and other non genuine cameras do not have support apparently, these cameras are very easy to use and do take good photo's, mine are set at about medium cant remember what exactly and they are out at the moment watching the fawns run around, I set them up for video more than the photo but I don't know how to post vids, but anyway I have caught poachers, foxes, roos, deer, dogs, cats ect and recommend cameras for anyone who wants to check an area out for whats about and when
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Jan 2018, 5:13 pm

Have you ever had one stolen.? And how often do you check it?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 13 Jan 2018, 5:58 pm

marksman wrote:they are a great tool for checking an area
I have the older little acorn 5210a cameras, they are pretty cheap but I was advised to buy the genuine ones as the aldi (I do like the aldi warranty) and other non genuine cameras do not have support apparently, these cameras are very easy to use and do take good photo's, mine are set at about medium cant remember what exactly and they are out at the moment watching the fawns run around, I set them up for video more than the photo but I don't know how to post vids, but anyway I have caught poachers, foxes, roos, deer, dogs, cats ect and recommend cameras for anyone who wants to check an area out for whats about and when

i have an aldi one pretty much a copy of the lil acorn :allegedly: the only time i have used it in anger is to video mice traps :) (that's pretty cool by the way) i will be putting it out early feb for a week ,if it takes anything interesting ill put them up, your colour looks better than mine,,very green, ,video uses a lot off memory and you can watch a lot of trees moving :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 13 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Have you ever had one stolen.? And how often do you check it?

I've got 4, different brand though. I haven't had one stolen yet (touch wood) but mine are all on private property so that helps. I check them when I get around to it. Usually a few weeks at the most, but I've had them out for more than 6 months at a time at one remote spot.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 13 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

EK005510.JPG
EK005510.JPG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3645 times
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by marksman » 13 Jan 2018, 6:58 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Have you ever had one stolen.? And how often do you check it?

I haven't had one stolen yet but it is a worry, even though they are set up on private property, more poachers than you think
the ones I have take 8 double a battery's that can last more than a month depending on how many triggers you get
I have left 2 out for a month and still had battery's and over 800 photo's and videos but not all are what you want
apparently the newer wide angle view models trigger with nothing in view often, these ones trigger at .08 of a second
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 13 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm

That's some green lookin country ya's have down there!!! :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 14 Jan 2018, 9:22 am

very cool pics
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 18 Jan 2018, 10:48 am

yes they do follow patterns until disturbed by you, they will settle back down but usually after a few days to a week if not disturbed again
you would be surprised how many deer will walk up and bolt as soon as they get your scent and do not come back
I have unscented this camera the photo's were taken with and find the animals do know they are there, they even go in for a sniff
the camera I used here was only up over night I got over 200 photos and videos during the night, not all usable or what I wanted
I have had a camera on a fence line for a month where the deer would only come to the fence then run away fast like you poked your finger up there ar$e
because I climbed through the fence where they get through when putting the camera up, even after a week and after rain
this happens in areas where they get chased quite a bit but in areas where they don't they are a heap better with our presence and may not even be bothered
I use the cameras to find out if they are in the area at that time and when to give me the best chance to knock them from a distance
they do get to know where you will be so it does help if you mix it up a bit, I usually look at taking a shot at around 300 max
after seeing Bent Arrow's photo and what he thinks about the Aldi model I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those :thumbsup:

ps, yes it is very green at that time but not at the moment, its as dry as a dead dingo's donga :thumbsup:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 18 Jan 2018, 5:26 pm

sungazer wrote:I was referring to the poachers :D :lol:

oh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey