Best 4 person tent

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Best 4 person tent

Post by inventurkey » 16 Jan 2018, 8:47 am

After recommendations on what people have found to be the best 4 person tent.

(That's 4 real people, not people who sleep in perfectly straight lines like match sticks to fit in the tent :lol:)

:drinks:
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Re: Best 4 person tent

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Jan 2018, 9:13 am

Much like gunsafes, if you half the advertised capacity you end up with what you need.

My oztrail hightower 10 person tent sleeps my family of 4 just nicely with room for stuff and is fast and easy to erect.
images (15).jpg
images (15).jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 16 Jan 2018, 9:40 am

Four kingsingle swags!!! :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 16 Jan 2018, 10:08 am

Is it too early for mum jokes?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Ben78 » 16 Jan 2018, 6:47 pm

This is the best 4 man tent you can get
IMG_20180107_201919_1280x720.jpg
IMG_20180107_201919_1280x720.jpg (781.85 KiB) Viewed 2959 times

But seriously... I have had one of those 12 man canvas cabin tents, it was fantastic. But it took a solid hour to put up and 2 days to pack up. Clear headroom, multiple rooms inside with an awning it was really really good. But I wanted faster set up times, so I bought a Black Wolf turbo lite, wow, 5 minutes to put up, 25 minutes to pack up. WEIGHED A TON. Also doesn't like torrential Dorrigo plateau rain. I sold it too. Then I bought 4 swags. Also great, also don't like torrential rain but 10 minutes to sleep time and 10 minutes to go home.

But if you really like burning dollars and fuel, the van is the ducks nuts. Never slept better whilst "camping" (face it, its not really is it....). In literally the seconds it takes to get the keys out I am ready to boil a kettle for a cuppa. Longer if you need to level it properly so the gas fridge doesn't get its ammonia in a twist.
Ben78
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Nick-J » 16 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

Oztent RV5.

We have an RV4 for the 2 of us and it very comfortably has a double self inflating mattress, clothes bags and space to walk either side. It might be a little squishy for 4 in and RV5, however setup is a breeze (more than the advertised 30 seconds through). Many of the people we camp with are very jealous when I'm finished and drinking a beer and they are just starting their setup. You will need a roof rack as it packs up in a long bag.
Nick-J
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2018, 7:29 pm

Caravan these days. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Jan 2018, 8:42 pm

juststarting wrote:Is it too early for mum jokes?

I only know dad jokes.
It's never too early for mum jokes :lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 17 Jan 2018, 6:54 am

Black Wolf Turbo Tent.

Quick, easy. Yes its heavy but not as heavy as a f#@&*%$ cravan! :lol:

By the way, any canvas tent will handle heavy rain if prep'd properly. When you first get it, you need to hose it thoroughly and use a broom so that the water gets into the canvas and swells to properly seal the seems and such.

We got sick of crawling in and out of a hike tent while car camping and the turbo is just like a luxury cabin by comparison.

Any of the nylon "family" tents are crap. They don't last and don't handle wind.
You can get any number of expedition tents from companies like MSR and such. Durable. Wind rated. EXPENSIVE! For me it's the Turbo (similar things from other brands but having sold all of them, i think the Turbo is the go).
If weight was an issue but money wasn't, i'd go something like the MSR STORMKING.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation