Nsw R licence - help

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Nsw R licence - help

Post by Dingo » 04 Feb 2018, 10:33 pm

I have completed my r licence for NSW state forests am wanting to book in but I am having problems with dpi web site any help pointer would be a great help .
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Nsw R licence - help

Post by brett1868 » 04 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm

This should bring you to the login page...You'll need your "R" License number and PIN. Before being allowed to book you need to complete the Mandatory Training modules, 10th option on the link I sent :)

https://www.gamelicensing.nsw.gov.au/licencing/dbweb.asp?ac=GP&dbcgm=1
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Dingo » 04 Feb 2018, 11:08 pm

Cheers Brett this will make it a lot easier . I hope
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Mongrel » 05 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

Dingo wrote:I have completed my r licence for NSW state forests am wanting to book in but I am having problems with dpi web site any help pointer would be a great help .

where did you do this mate?
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 06 Feb 2018, 2:40 pm

Brisbane
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 06 Feb 2018, 11:56 pm

I think Ripley Ssaa does courses would need to double check I was lucky and got an invite to a deer association night where they were offering the R licence
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 14 Feb 2018, 12:35 am

Novice question-I have Starting to look at booking a hunt got to the point of looking at maps ect there are red markers when I tap on them it comes up with a list of letters what do they stand for?
Attachments
IMG_7821.PNG
IMG_7821.PNG (970.86 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Archie » 14 Feb 2018, 5:14 am

Dingo, when you hunt a NSW state forest, before you can book another hunt you have to fill in a web from saying what animals you harvested / saw. Those codes are the results of gathering that information (they’re only as good as people’s honesty though so take them with a dash of scepticism, and many state forests see very few licenced hunters so data can be thin anyway)

In order, they tell you the frequency of people reporting feral cat, deer, feral dog, fox, goat, hare, pig and rabbit
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Dingo » 14 Feb 2018, 8:19 am

I presumed as much as looking at the letters ... I guess some I was stuck on .all good thanks- I was almost going to put it up as a stupid questions as I get many of these :clap:
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 17 Feb 2018, 9:36 pm

Hey Brett 1862 have you had much luck in the state forests ? Any one you would not bother with ?any you would recommend ?
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by albat » 18 Feb 2018, 6:15 pm

Hey dingo , I've done heaps of hunting in nsw state forests and i can tell you right now that anything you shoot in them will be hard earned, i usually hunt the far north ones as i live i QLD , take the maps and satellite imagery with a pinch of salt, tracks often are overgrown and impassable and vegetation that looks ok on the satellite is often way too thick to hunt in, so be careful if you dont have a 4wd , you can often go many trips without firing a shot so set your expectations accordingly but there is game there if you are patient and smart about how you hunt them
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 18 Feb 2018, 8:58 pm

I am in Brisbane so will be hitting the northern ones to start with . Will be good even just for the fact of getting out in the country and not having to cough up 100 per night is a sweet deal when most of the properties I have been on in the past have been overhunted anyways ..
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 17 Apr 2018, 9:37 pm

Has anybody had issues downloading /importing maps using Avenza - I am getting rather frustrated with it ... first one down loaded no problems
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey