9mm Reloads

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

9mm Reloads

Post by Justin9mm » 16 Apr 2018, 3:49 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to know who is in Melbourne that reloads 9mm?

I want to keep shooting but money is tight at the moment. I can get reloads through my club for $20 a box and looking for someone who I can buy them from a bit cheaper.

I want to get into reloading myself but no time or enough funds to get started at the moment.

If anyone has any reloads to sell, please send me a private message.

Thanks everyone.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: 9mm Reloads

Post by Cryptic » 16 Apr 2018, 4:45 pm

Technically it is illegal to sell ammunition like that without licence.
Best bet find someone you could reload with to learn and pay for using their equipment, material and time. That was how I managed for a while.
Otherwise on the side hush hush.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 16 Apr 2018, 6:17 pm

Justin9mm, PM Brett1868. He's in Sydney, but with TNT dangerous goods shipping it could work very nicely and I am sure he'll look after you. Pretty sure he makes pistol ammo.

Alternatively, this company is local:
http://saffiretrading.com.au
They sell reloads... But I'd probably trust Brett's ammo more than theirs.

PM me if you have questions.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 16 Apr 2018, 8:55 pm

Cryptic wrote:Technically it is illegal to sell ammunition like that without licence.
Best bet find someone you could reload with to learn and pay for using their equipment, material and time. That was how I managed for a while.
Otherwise on the side hush hush.

No no, I would never do anything illegal, I'm just making friends with the person who PM's me and then he will give me reloads and in return in kindness of his friendship I will gift him some currency, maybe in a nice card to say thank you! :thumbsup:
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 16 Apr 2018, 8:56 pm

juststarting wrote:Justin9mm, PM Brett1868. He's in Sydney, but with TNT dangerous goods shipping it could work very nicely and I am sure he'll look after you. Pretty sure he makes pistol ammo.

Alternatively, this company is local:
http://saffiretrading.com.au
They sell reloads... But I'd probably trust Brett's ammo more than theirs.

PM me if you have questions.

I'll give him a PM, thanks so much :thumbsup:
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 16 Apr 2018, 10:13 pm

Sheet mate, if you club is offering up ammo at $20/box (assuming 100rnds) your on a good deal. I relo0oad for my club (9mm - 125Gn Vindicator FPBB projectile, 4.3Gn AP70) and I don't believe that I can do it any cheaper than $25 per 90 rnds (Police & Service Match).
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 16 Apr 2018, 10:15 pm

I'm guessing it's per 50
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 16 Apr 2018, 10:28 pm

I generally charge around $38 per 100 for club members and $40 per 100 non members. There's bugger all margin in it considering the work / time involved but I do it as part of the larger scope of what I load and sell. By the time the OP has purchased 2500 rounds he's almost spent the price of a Dillon XL650 and should consider reloading if time permits. I can check the cost of DG shipping to Vic but based on the weight involved for 1000rnds it may indeed be cheaper to source something locally. As Cryptic stated, it is illegal to supply or sell ammunition without the proper license. I appreciate the recommendation JS, I'll slip you some ammo next Plinkfest :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 16 Apr 2018, 10:32 pm

As long as it's just the ammo and not the entire barrel.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 16 Apr 2018, 11:13 pm

brett1868 wrote:I generally charge around $38 per 100 for club members and $40 per 100 non members. There's bugger all margin in it considering the work / time involved but I do it as part of the larger scope of what I load and sell. By the time the OP has purchased 2500 rounds he's almost spent the price of a Dillon XL650 and should consider reloading if time permits. I can check the cost of DG shipping to Vic but based on the weight involved for 1000rnds it may indeed be cheaper to source something locally. As Cryptic stated, it is illegal to supply or sell ammunition without the proper license. I appreciate the recommendation JS, I'll slip you some ammo next Plinkfest :)

Cheers for the info.. As mentioned, I do get reloads from my club for $20 per box of 50, we actually pay $30 and we get $10 back for giving back the Brass and box they came in. I'm guessing just as cheap to stick with buying them.

I did send you a PM before.. Can you reply with some advice on the cheapest way I can get into reloading for myself? I would probably be shooting 100 rounds per week on average so maybe I should be doing it.

Cheers.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 16 Apr 2018, 11:14 pm

juststarting wrote:As long as it's just the ammo and not the entire barrel.

41.5" too much for ya young fella? :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 17 Apr 2018, 1:14 pm

A few years ago when I wanted to try out reloading and see if I liked it, I decided to load 9mm. Bought a Lee Hand Press for less than $30 on sale, a Lee Powder Measure for $20, a Lee hand primer for $15 or so, a cheap Hornady scale for around $20, a Lee 9mm 4 die set and a few other small accoutrements. It got me started loading and learning what I was doing. For simple rounds like 9mm, it's really easy. Before long I had a few boxes of 9mm and next thing I knew, 500 rounds. Before long I had paid for all that equipment with savings on buying manufactured ammo. If you are someone who just wants to load a box or two here or there that is a more than adequate set up.

Eventually over time I bought better and more automated tools to load, but I am glad I started cheap with a hand press.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by cflake » 17 Apr 2018, 8:26 pm

Justin9mm wrote:Cheers for the info.. As mentioned, I do get reloads from my club for $20 per box of 50, we actually pay $30 and we get $10 back for giving back the Brass and box they came in. I'm guessing just as cheap to stick with buying them.

I did send you a PM before.. Can you reply with some advice on the cheapest way I can get into reloading for myself? I would probably be shooting 100 rounds per week on average so maybe I should be doing it.

Cheers.

From memory, Mario (saffire trading, link is above) does $25/50 if he supplies the brass and $18/50 if you bring in fired brass to swap. He also reloads other calibres, but you need to supply the brass first (or buy new) then he loads whatever projectile you want into your brass after tumbling and depriming.

He's a licensed dealer so it's all above board.
cflake
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Justin9mm » 18 Apr 2018, 9:19 am

cflake wrote:
Justin9mm wrote:Cheers for the info.. As mentioned, I do get reloads from my club for $20 per box of 50, we actually pay $30 and we get $10 back for giving back the Brass and box they came in. I'm guessing just as cheap to stick with buying them.

Cheers.

From memory, Mario (saffire trading, link is above) does $25/50 if he supplies the brass and $18/50 if you bring in fired brass to swap. He also reloads other calibres, but you need to supply the brass first (or buy new) then he loads whatever projectile you want into your brass after tumbling and depriming.

He's a licensed dealer so it's all above board.

Yeah I spoke to him, he said $17/50 if you supply brass and yes $25 without supplying brass. As I don't have brass, I'm probably better off getting it from the club. His factory is also very far from me so I would want to buy in bulk so $25 as opposed to $20 doesn't work out for me. Better off sticking to the $20 club reloads. Can buy them there and return the brass straight after.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 18 Apr 2018, 9:32 am

At $20/50 you'd be hard pressed to buy better. Sh!t, I've spent more than that per 50 for competition .22 rimfire ammo! :lol:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Justin9mm » 18 Apr 2018, 1:45 pm

Gamerancher wrote:At $20/50 you'd be hard pressed to buy better. Sh!t, I've spent more than that per 50 for competition .22 rimfire ammo! :lol:

Yeah unless I reload myself, I'm finding out that it is a good deal.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition