Winchester super x

Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information.

Winchester super x

Post by southwest shooter » 06 Aug 2018, 10:27 am

Bought a couple of boxes of super x 223 55gr jsp , anyone tried it ? How did it shoot ?
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Winchester super x

Post by Runnymede » 06 Aug 2018, 8:16 pm

Southwest shooter not sure about Super X in 223 but I use them in my 243 and 308 as my deer rounds and have dropped plenty of Reds and Sambar on my property with them. With a well placed shot they are effective and deer don’t go far. Am using the 180gr in the 308 and 100gr in the 243, both are plenty accurate enough for my needs as all my shots less than 150m. Have fun and good luck with what ever you’re aiming at.
Runnymede
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 06 Aug 2018, 11:41 pm

Runnymede wrote:Southwest shooter not sure about Super X in 223 but I use them in my 243 and 308 as my deer rounds and have dropped plenty of Reds and Sambar on my property with them. With a well placed shot they are effective and deer don’t go far. Am using the 180gr in the 308 and 100gr in the 243, both are plenty accurate enough for my needs as all my shots less than 150m. Have fun and good luck with what ever you’re aiming at.

Foxes ! :-)
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Runnymede » 07 Aug 2018, 9:25 am

On foxes they are devasting.... pretty much splits them in two. :thumbsup:
Runnymede
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 07 Aug 2018, 10:12 am

Runnymede wrote:On foxes they are devasting.... pretty much splits them in two. :thumbsup:

Good to hear
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Calibres, cartridges and ballistics