How to remove bolt on Anschutz 1416

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

How to remove bolt on Anschutz 1416

Post by pucker » 21 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

Ok so this is embarrassing...

Have been out shooting with a mate and my new Anschutz 1416.

Back home, time to clean it and neither of us can figure out how to get the bolt out :lol:

There is the catch on the left of the action, you push that down then pull the bolt back. When the bolt comes back though it seems to hit the catch even as you're pressing it.

You can feel it knocking into it if you press the catch then pull the bolt back.

Is there maybe something wrong with the catch, or are we doing something stupid?

Help for a pair of newbies? :lol:
pucker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: How to remove bolt on Anschutz 1416

Post by cruze82 » 21 Apr 2014, 1:56 pm

I don't have one but some you have pull the trigger to get the bolt out
cruze82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Lorgar » 21 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm

Yeah, you have to pull the trigger too.

Open the bolt > press the catch > squeeze the trigger, and you will feel it release a bit further. Then the bolt comes out over the top.

Take note of the position of the front half of the bolt as well as you remove it, this can spin freely once the bolt is removed and if it's not lined up properly when you reinsert it into the action it won't go in.

I've gotta admit the bolt on the 1416 is a bit of a pain...
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 21 Apr 2014, 6:51 pm

Lorgar wrote:Yeah, you have to pull the trigger too.

Open the bolt > press the catch > squeeze the trigger, and you will feel it release a bit further. Then the bolt comes out over the top.

Take note of the position of the front half of the bolt as well as you remove it, this can spin freely once the bolt is removed and if it's not lined up properly when you reinsert it into the action it won't go in.

Yep. This ^^^
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 22 Apr 2014, 7:11 am

Lorgar wrote:Yeah, you have to pull the trigger too.

^^^^^^
Also to relieve the tension on the spring you have to turn the back of the bolt anticlock wise and when you want to shoot it again you then have to turn it to the clockwise position before you can fit the bolt back in the rifle!

Huge Pain in the ass but a great rifle never the less! :evil: :cry: :twisted:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 22 Apr 2014, 11:44 am

Yep, the bolt is a pain all round :lol:

Can't argue with the results though.

They're that way for a reason too I guess. I'm sure Anschütz know how to make a better bolt that I ever will.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by pucker » 22 Apr 2014, 11:47 am

Gah, never occurred to me to pull the trigger.

The brain is in safety mode when handling the rifles and was keeping me away from it I guess :lol:

It comes out fine now of course :)

Bit relieved, though I might have bent the catch and locked my bolt inside for a moment...
pucker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 22 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

Mate I still forget how to do it.

I use the centre fires for a while where you just press the release, get the 22 out for the first time in a few weeks and it takes me 5 minutes to remember how to get the bolt out again :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles