WTB M96/M38 Swedish Mauser front sight hood

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

WTB M96/M38 Swedish Mauser front sight hood

Post by Hunsta » 31 Aug 2018, 8:48 am

Gday all. Just wondering if anyone has any info on where in Australia I may be able to purchase a front sight hood ( or 2 if the price is right) for an M96 or M38 Swedish Mauser.
There plenty to be had in the US. But getting one sent is nigh impossible. And Ive tried a few gun shows with no luck.
Anyone got a spare or two they wanna part with?
Cheers
Craig
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
NOT EVERYTHING THAT`S TRUE IS POPULAR. NOT EVERYTHING THAT`S POPULAR IS TRUE
Hunsta
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: WTB M96/M38 Swedish Mauser front sight hood

Post by bigrich » 31 Aug 2018, 10:55 am

Mate, I bought one of eBay from a mob called “ liberty tree” in the USA. Wasn’t cheap, about $40 including post, but I had no problem
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 31 Aug 2018, 12:18 pm

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... &idcategor

Not the cheapest option , but one of the few American sites that will post international. I usually wait till I need a few bits and pieces to spread the cost of postage out.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Hunsta » 01 Sep 2018, 8:05 pm

Ok thanks for that. Thats actually a Liberty Tree pic. I'll give em a try. But was told the US had some law about exporting gun parts. And we had one about importing.
Last edited by Hunsta on 01 Sep 2018, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunsta
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Hunsta » 01 Sep 2018, 8:21 pm

OK That was a bit too easy. Bought 2 US$54.95. Lets see what happens next. Hope they lable the package "Sporting goods" and not "Gun parts" :wtf:
Guess I`ll call it my Fathers day prezzy to myself. :lol:
Hunsta
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 01 Sep 2018, 9:14 pm

only certain things come under the US and australian laws. magazines, trigger ( aussie feds trying to stop semi auto to auto conversions ),actions ,bolts and barrels you cant or have trouble importing. i think.? i bought a front sight hood and taller front sight blade for my m96 ( taller front blade gets filed down until your m96 that has a 300 zero shoots spot on at 100 ), and i had no problems at all. :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by YAREYARE » 27 Nov 2021, 6:57 am

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone knows of a place to get these still, in aust preferably. I had a look at liberty tree like was mentioned in this thread, but seems like they refuse to ship outside of the US now. Saw a couple on Ebay, but wanted to know if there was anything in Australia. Dave's the hassle of dealing with long shipping time and customs in case they decide to be difficult
YAREYARE
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Nov 2021, 10:27 am

G'day YAREYARE,
Ebay is still the easiest place to find them, but you are going to be looking at $50 to $65 posted for each. Even at the last show i attended (2019) they were $40 avg. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment