Anyone got/use a huglu coach gun?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Anyone got/use a huglu coach gun?

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 06 Sep 2018, 5:25 am

I've be on the hunt for a hammered coach gun for western action for a fair while with not much luck. My local has just gotten the huglu with blued barrels and nickel receiver, hammers and butt plate for $700. I haven't seen it yet, but saw a colour case hardened version a couple of months ago and looked nice, i thought I'd do some research on the huglu but can't find much of anything on the net.

Does anyone have a huglu?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Anyone got/use a huglu coach gun?

Post by bladeracer » 06 Sep 2018, 2:36 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:I've be on the hunt for a hammered coach gun for western action for a fair while with not much luck. My local has just gotten the huglu with blued barrels and nickel receiver, hammers and butt plate for $700. I haven't seen it yet, but saw a colour case hardened version a couple of months ago and looked nice, i thought I'd do some research on the huglu but can't find much of anything on the net.

My dealer had a hammer coach gun on the rack when I was in there, I didn't have a close look though so I didn't notice the make.
I can give him ring and grab some details if you like.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ponkychonk » 06 Sep 2018, 5:19 pm

I have one. Huglu HRZ case hardened side by side with hammers. Fantastic gun.
ponkychonk
Private
Private

Other

Post by Bent Arrow » 06 Sep 2018, 6:24 pm

Not the Rossi I saw a couple of weeks ago, or a huglu, but this might fit the bill..

https://www.fisherfirearms.com.au/toz-66-coach-gun-12g
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 07 Sep 2018, 5:43 am

bladeracer wrote:
Kelsey Cooter wrote:I've be on the hunt for a hammered coach gun for western action for a fair while with not much luck. My local has just gotten the huglu with blued barrels and nickel receiver, hammers and butt plate for $700. I haven't seen it yet, but saw a colour case hardened version a couple of months ago and looked nice, i thought I'd do some research on the huglu but can't find much of anything on the net.

My dealer had a hammer coach gun on the rack when I was in there, I didn't have a close look though so I didn't notice the make.
I can give him ring and grab some details if you like.

That would be great bladeracer even if you could slip me his number and I'll give them a bell
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.