Impala Plus straight pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 09 Aug 2018, 1:10 pm

Thinking of getting one

Anyone own one or have an opinion?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by ponkychonk » 09 Aug 2018, 1:42 pm

I had a play with one of them before choosing to get a coach gun instead (I already have a lever action as well.) They seem to be the best quality straight pull that I've seen, much better build quality than your standard Pardus/Adler style guns. Also at a decent price, overall quite impressed to be honest
ponkychonk
Private
Private

Other

Post by Crazy » 11 Aug 2018, 5:29 pm

I had a mess around with one last week and i was quite impressed, i share the same opinion as ponky, the gun is at a higher standard compared to other straight pulls and at a fairly good price.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 01 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Crazy wrote:I had a mess around with one last week and i was quite impressed, i share the same opinion as ponky, the gun is at a higher standard compared to other straight pulls and at a fairly good price.

Do you know if the action can be kept open?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by scoobs » 02 Oct 2018, 6:44 pm

i had a play with one, still reckon the dickinson t1000 is the go for straight pull.
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Holstered » 09 Oct 2018, 4:39 pm

I've had a go of a mates Impala on a couple of occasions - I'm impressed, I would certainly buy one
Holstered
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 14 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

Holstered wrote:I've had a go of a mates Impala on a couple of occasions - I'm impressed, I would certainly buy one

G’day Holstered

I have just bought the impala and have noticed that the bolt will lock in the open position during operation.Did the one you fired do this or am I just pulling back to far?

The operating instructions have been translated from Turkish and are not very clear

Anyone else had any problems?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 10:06 am

Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

Brand new gun never been fired

Fired three shots and......the charging handle came off, appears to be only pressed in.
Spoke to LGS apparently there is a modification to prevent this happening

A bit disappointing
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 2:21 pm

Patriot wrote:Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

Fired three shots and......the charging handle came off, appears to be only pressed in.

A bit disappointing

Update

Took gun back to LGS they replaced bolt and charging handle no questions asked.

Went back to the range,fired about 30 shots and......charging handle fell out again.
Very disappointing
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 26 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

Man.I would not be impressed
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Patriot » 01 Nov 2018, 2:37 pm

Patriot wrote:
Patriot wrote:Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

A bit disappointing

Update

Took gun back to LGS they replaced bolt and charging handle no questions asked.

Went back to the range,fired about 30 shots and......charging handle fell out again.
Very disappointing

Handle fixed

Have now put 500 rounds through,no problems at all.

Smooth cycling
No jams
All goood
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 15 Jan 2019, 6:17 pm

Impala Plus 28 inch walnut stock

So after initial charge handle issue that was fixed within 3 days

Over 5000 rounds put through now including slugs,00 buck and 3 inch magnum shells.
Not 1 feed or ejection issue, gun is still in excellent condition no signs of any problems.

An excellent Turkish shottie
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Fanga74 » 01 May 2019, 12:39 pm

I just bought the 12 Gauge Straight Pull Impala Plus 24" in OD Green and Im very excited to take it out for the first time.

When dry firing the weapon I noted the sound of doing this was very faint (not the usual clear solid click you would expect) so after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I looked down the barrel and could not see the firing pin protruding form the bolt face. Once again after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I dry fired the weapon while looking down the barrel and could not see any movement to indicate the firing pin was moving out of the bolt.

I believe I might have a problem unless Impala have developed a system that prevents the weapon from firing normally without a round chambered.

I dont want to go out shooting to find out the weapon does not work so if anyone else can confirm how their Impala straight pull operates when dry firing I would be most grateful?
Fanga74
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 01 May 2019, 4:49 pm

Some shotties push the pin out and then fall back straight away...so unless you’ve got a really good view - you might not see the pin operate unless very quick. Got an empty laying around? Put some tape over used primer and see if pin breaks it when firing...
I had a good look at one of these today - I just cannot get passed the piece of bent wire hanging out of the side...looks like an afterthought...I’m sure it works fine but...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Patriot » 01 May 2019, 9:05 pm

Yeah mate, mine makes the same faint sound. I’ve put thousands of shells through now with no problems. The angle of the charging handle or the ‘bent wire’ makes for for faster and more comfortable operation.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 02 May 2019, 2:21 am

But look where your trigger finger ends up after you reload. Returns to the trigger, so that’s better ergonomics than some of the other straight pull offerings.
I’d be tempted to go on the waiting list for the next batch of Berika black ops, if I wanted a straight pull. Has 10 round detachable mags too.
Not really my thing but it may suit your purpose.
Another consideration if you want fast follow up with accuracy, would be the triple barrel Akkar. That’s as fast as it gets, faster than semi. But that’s less capacity. As said, dependent on purpose.
My opinion, I don’t see any real advantage from the levers or straight pulls over a side by side with internal hammers.
But I see advantage in the triple. You can use that like a garden hose.
But I mean if you’re not going to hit your target in 3 shots, you won’t be hitting it with 5 or 10 either.

Each to their own and there’s lots of variables with vermin problems and terrain. But i’d be wanting capacity for spotlighting only really. Real advantages there in humane dispatch.
Dusk or dawn, full visibility, i’d Really prefer the double. You’re already chambered and on target for follow up without working any action. There’s no delay.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 02 May 2019, 7:26 am

There’s some areas of my property where you can be in amongst 100 wallaby - close to you, close to each other.
1 shot, they all take off and run 15-20m and stop to see what’s going on.
But put a couple shots together and they are gone...
The 3 barrel looks cool but is heavy.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Patriot » 02 May 2019, 10:39 am

Fanga74 wrote:I just bought the 12 Gauge Straight Pull Impala Plus 24" in OD Green and Im very excited to take it out for the first time.

When dry firing the weapon I noted the sound of doing this was very faint (not the usual clear solid click you would expect) so after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I looked down the barrel and could not see the firing pin protruding form the bolt face. Once again after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I dry fired the weapon while looking down the barrel and could not see any movement to indicate the firing pin was moving out of the bolt.

I believe I might have a problem unless Impala have developed a system that prevents the weapon from firing normally without a round chambered.

I dont want to go out shooting to find out the weapon does not work so if anyone else can confirm how their Impala straight pull operates when dry firing I would be most grateful?

One thing I have noticed with mine, when checking operation at home with the magazine loaded with snap caps, sometimes it will fail to feed the next round on to the loading gate therefore locking the bolt action open. I have found it curious that this never happens in the field or on the range with live shells, I put thousands of rounds through the firearm and it has never failed to feed once, anyone have any ideas why this happens?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Trentice » 06 Jul 2019, 4:38 pm

Some snap caps are light , too light for the spring tension and therefore impedes feeding. I had the same problem with my Adler. Worked fine with actual shotgun shells.
Trentice
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Pighunter » 20 Apr 2023, 3:42 pm

Patriot wrote:
Fanga74 wrote:I just bought the 12 Gauge Straight Pull Impala Plus 24" in OD Green and Im very excited to take it out for the first time.

One thing I have noticed with mine, when checking operation at home with the magazine loaded with snap caps, sometimes it will fail to feed the next round on to the loading gate therefore locking the bolt action open. I have found it curious that this never happens in the field or on the range with live shells, I put thousands of rounds through the firearm and it has never failed to feed once, anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Any updates on yours? is it still running well? I just picked up a brand new Impala plus today for $550 which if you ask me is a steal.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.