Leupold PRW Installation

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Re: Leupold PRW Installation

Post by YoungSC » 10 Oct 2018, 4:08 pm

JimTom wrote:I have just enquired about returning a set of PRW2 that I purchased online.
See how I go.

Will be interested in your findings. Hoping I can get a refund, as I bought a different set of rings.
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by Urastus » 10 Oct 2018, 7:35 pm

I'm interested too. I saw a set of burris xtr rings something like this https://www.amazon.com/Burris-420223-Rings-Height-Matte/dp/B00U1AVEY0?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00U1AVEY0

They are the same sort of thing as the prw rings ie they have inserts. I like the look of these because of the two bolts that mount the rings to the rifle - many others just have one bolt here. Extra trouble to set up, but better. And Allen's way of setting up looks like a good way - but you need that bore scope tool which is where all the magic happens.
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by JimTom » 11 Oct 2018, 6:55 am

Received an email from the supplier after I sent a photo showing how the PRW2 rings had failed.
Sending the rings back today, once received ed they are apparently going to contact me. Hoping they exchange them.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Scopes, sights and optics