Goulburn SSAA Range Shut Down by Council?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Goulburn SSAA Range Shut Down by Council?

Post by bladeracer » 11 Oct 2018, 3:53 pm

Anybody know what this is all about?
I just saw it on FB.
Attachments
Goulburn SSAA.JPG
Goulburn SSAA.JPG (155.9 KiB) Viewed 4817 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Goulburn SSAA Range Shut Down by Council?

Post by Gaznazdiak » 11 Oct 2018, 6:30 pm

My sister sent me this.

There have been houses being built just over the hill from the butts so perhaps some new neighbors complained.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-11-19-20-59.png
Screenshot_2018-10-11-19-20-59.png (205.12 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2018, 9:37 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:My sister sent me this.

There have been houses being built just over the hill from the butts so perhaps some new neighbors complained.

That sounds like it. Build next door to a rifle range, then complain.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by doc » 15 Oct 2018, 3:38 pm

What we need is a new government policy brought in that when purchasing property you sign acceptance agreement stating you are aware of it's location and it's current surroundings and that you consent to purchasing the property within those surroundings as they are.

Whether it be airports, raceways, shooting ranges, local wildlife, etc - this whole buy and then complain afterwards is utter garbage and should be stopped.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Oct 2018, 3:52 pm

I agree completely doc, however, it is only conjecture on my part that that is the case here, based solely on the fact that the template was mentioned and there are developments in progress behind the range.

My sister lives in Goulburn within earshot of the range and tells me it's only rifles being banned at the moment, she said the pistol and clay ranges are still open.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Oct 2018, 4:16 pm

Mate in australia, we have to many old people, also to many bored people. And definately to many old people that are bored.

I also find as people get older they somehow get grumpy.

Thirdly it appears that you only need 5 people to object to something, even though it might benefit thousands it will be rejected and cancelled as the 5 ppl are the vocal minority, and majority must boxes their eyes and puts their branches under the sand.

So combining the older population who are grumpy and bored and combining the objectionist mentality of people means everything gets overreacted and objected.

Where a farmer cannot farm his land which his family been doing for hundred years cuz it's smelly or noisy, pr where people building cheap housing near airports or race tracks and then complain of the noise. Then complain when the young get on the roads and speed instead of the race track....we come to the communist and social state of Australia.

Hahahahahahahaha

Yea I know many ppl are old on this forum.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Oct 2018, 4:26 pm

Yeah , I'm old and I'm grumpy, and there are 2 main things I can't stand.

Change, and the way things are :twisted:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 15 Oct 2018, 4:54 pm

doc wrote:What we need is a new government policy brought in that when purchasing property you sign acceptance agreement stating you are aware of it's location and it's current surroundings and that you consent to purchasing the property within those surroundings as they are.

Whether it be airports, raceways, shooting ranges, local wildlife, etc - this whole buy and then complain afterwards is utter garbage and should be stopped.

I built a roof for a bloke that bought a big block on the beach. It was big but had caveats that at least 50% had to remain virgin sand dunes. His plan, along with everybody else as far as I could determine was to wait until they were all established, then take it to court to have the caveats removed so they could subdivide.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 18 Oct 2018, 6:53 pm

We could have had fixed wireless NBN in my locality but, unfortunately 3 objections were received in relation to the siting of the tower.
All 3 were from Melbourne residents who "may or may not" visit their "farm (typically a shed on a 5 acre block)" 3 or 4 times a year an its location may have intruded on their "visual ambience" Objection "UPHELD"
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Oct 2018, 8:20 pm

Rotfl... I feel ya, I had NBN actually approach me to pr a tipper on my site, again 1 old rich carnt objected told lies to a couple neighbors, gave a donation to the councilor, got it in the local newspaper, sent me a threatening phonecall and email (how he will sue me) and finally all it took was in the nbn community consultation day 7 objections compared to 8 yes and 3 or 5 maybe.... and all those 7 objections I have on eyewitness account don't even live in the area.

And no I wasn't in it for the money (under 10k per year)....I got a young school going kids, and the ADSL just doesn't cut it being the exchange is more than 5km from my house.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 10:56 am

An update in relation to the Goulburn Rile Range.

It wasn't, as I had surmised, people buying land down range.

It was the bastardly FAR and police, and it's even more ridiculous than I thought, given the topography involved and the size of the hill behind the target area.

Details below:

https://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/5 ... e-closure/

https://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/5 ... -the-mark/
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 16 Nov 2018, 11:25 am

It's really f@#kin sad that sh@t like this doesn't even surprise me anymore :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :drinks:
Hey mods any chance of a "banging our head against a brick wall" emoji thingy????
:drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Nov 2018, 12:59 pm

So the council sent the letter to FAR this they supposed the range operations. Man just tells me, we need to get rid of the councils. A third layer of government with no oversight. It's like they are judge, jury and executioner all in one.

And we worrying about what trump doing, when these imbeciles are doing whatever they want, take as much bribes and change the laws to suit big developers
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 1:11 pm

Yeah Ziad, councils everywhere seem to be nothing but shonks lining their own pockets.

The Bjelke-Petersen type of pork barrelling is alive and well all over the country. If you happen to know who's related to council executives you can tell just by as simple a yardstick as what part of which roads get the most maintenance.
They make me want to call them the vernacular for a female body part.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 16 Nov 2018, 1:39 pm

Cmon fellas there's nothing wrong with councils they're really shining lights of honesty...just look at ipswich and the gold coast or arakun or pormpuraaw or.......
:lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges