Skb parts

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Skb parts

Post by Farmerpete » 04 Nov 2018, 8:48 am

Hi guys i need your help. I managed to loose the cocking handle off my skb 1900 and my lgs said they couldnt import 1 does anyone know where i can get parts in australia gun still shoots fine just need a screwdriver to cock it
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Skb parts

Post by Diamond Jim » 07 Nov 2018, 12:37 am

It looks like the part is available. It is on the Numrich site in the US for about US$45 so it should be able to be ordered in. I'd try a few other gun stores. I don't know who distributed SKB but that's where I'd start.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 10 Nov 2018, 10:49 am

Thanks mate i emailed skb parts in america for this it was listed there for 28 usd they told me they didnt export parts but the dealer for skb in australia is austguns.com.au called them and had 1 in the mail for 75 dollars australian
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Diamond Jim » 12 Nov 2018, 1:58 am

Good result, but we pay over the odds for a part that should be 1/3 the price. Good to hear your gun will be back in order soon.
Dealers please note. I understand everyone has to make a margin. I know the Aus and State Govts make you jump through hoops but please don't gouge buyers on top. Maybe have your invoice explain why a US$28 part costs A$75 so we buyers are informed and can lobby accordingly.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 12 Nov 2018, 9:54 pm

To be fair 30 bucks us would probly be around 50 aus add import costs and the guy might make a tenner if hes lucky 75 dollars posted seems about right to me
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.