60 Minutes SUNDAY NIGHT.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

60 Minutes SUNDAY NIGHT.

Post by RoginaJack » 08 Nov 2018, 7:22 pm

60 Minutes this coming Sunday night at 7pm might be interesting. About women, wearing camo gear, carrying a AK47 amongst others, & protecting African Elephants from poachers. "Warrior Woman" - on the front line.!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: 60 Minutes SUNDAY NIGHT.

Post by bigrich » 09 Nov 2018, 4:45 am

RoginaJack wrote:60 Minutes this coming Sunday night at 7pm might be interesting. About women, wearing camo gear, carrying a AK47 amongst others, & protecting African Elephants from poachers. "Warrior Woman" - on the front line.!

Yeah it looks interesting RJ. One thing I noticed in the add for that story is the photos and images of big game hunters posing with shot game as well. Look for it near the start of the add. Subliminal messaging from the anti’s ?
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 09 Nov 2018, 4:54 am

Yup, just checked. First couple of images are of big game hunters with shot game. I’v Never wanted to hunt African game, I have heard it’s a very lucrative form of tourism for some of the reserves over there. People pay to hunt and it’s a form of population control in some case. It’s the Chinese medicine market that drives most of the poaching
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Nov 2018, 10:31 am

bigrich wrote:Yup, just checked. First couple of images are of big game hunters with shot game. I’v Never wanted to hunt African game, I have heard it’s a very lucrative form of tourism for some of the reserves over there. People pay to hunt and it’s a form of population control in some case. It’s the Chinese medicine market that drives most of the poaching

And the Chinese have just recently rescinded the bans on Rhino horn and Tiger bones so you can expect the last of those species being hunted out in a few years.

There are one and a half billion of the bloody Chinese, why the hell they think they need aphrodisiacs is beyond me, seem like there's more than enough jiggy-jig going on there now.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 09 Nov 2018, 3:37 pm

:lol: :lol: +1
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Nov 2018, 6:43 pm

Rotfl.... I reckon you need to be more worried about Indians, they don't have much in the name of population control (Chinese still I think have 1 child policy)
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Nov 2018, 7:18 pm

“And the Chinese have just recently rescinded the bans on Rhino horn and Tiger bones so you can expect the last of those species being hunted out in a few years.”

FMD.
What many are not aware of is rhino and all horn for that matter is the same as finger nails. Basically just Compressed hair. Even more stupid is the fact if you eat it, it just passes through. Body can’t digest it. Bloody idiots.

Illegally killing a rare animal just for the horn or fun should be a criminal act in my book.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 09 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

Oldbloke wrote:“And the Chinese have just recently rescinded the bans on Rhino horn and Tiger bones so you can expect the last of those species being hunted out in a few years.”

FMD.
What many are not aware of is rhino and all horn for that matter is the same as finger nails. Basically just Compressed hair. Even more stupid is the fact if you eat it, it just passes through. Body can’t digest it. Bloody idiots.

Illegally killing a rare animal just for the horn or fun should be a criminal act in my book.

+1 OB . does this mean that if we locked up the remaining rhino and tigers the chinese population will decline :unknown: freakin idiots :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 09 Nov 2018, 9:50 pm

bigrich wrote:. Subliminal messaging from the anti’s ?

U been reading too much crap richo?-Chuck that foil hat in the recycling mate. :thumbsup:

Thats a bit of a stretch from seeing a quick pic on an advert... :thumbsup: :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 09 Nov 2018, 9:59 pm

Oldbloke wrote:“And the Chinese have just recently rescinded the bans on Rhino horn and Tiger bones so you can expect the last of those species being hunted out in a few years.”

FMD.

It is OB...!!...its all a matter of policing it mate...

See what they do to sharks when they catch em...lop the fins & drop em back in the water... :wtf:
Bloody idiots just doesnt cut it.

If we were smart, we'd convince them that European Carp is the go to illegal latest fad Rhino horn & shark fin replacement. :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 10 Nov 2018, 4:15 pm

Stix wrote:
bigrich wrote:. Subliminal messaging from the anti’s ?

U been reading too much crap richo?-Chuck that foil hat in the recycling mate. :thumbsup:

Thats a bit of a stretch from seeing a quick pic on an advert... :thumbsup: :drinks:

don't kid ya'self stix mate. showing big game hunters in the opening images with shot game is linking things. hunting AND poaching bad. you might know better, i might know better. but there are a lot of people who know nothing of firearms and hunting who scare easily. for all we know there IS a anti working at chanell nine who put that add together. how many green idiots have you seen chain themselves to trees and bulldozers on the news over the years mate ? :unknown: subliminal messaging might be a over the top concept , but don't think that people with thier own views and agendas don't try to influence things. if i remember there was a female greens senator who wanted to have feral cats "naturalised" and protected :o :shock: :o :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 10 Nov 2018, 5:30 pm

Of course channel nine will advertise it & definately edit it for maximum shock value...
Thats what they do--it will barely even be a story--just a concept with which they will load up with any point (s) of drama to keep prime time.

If i watch it, it'll be hoping to see black boobies thats all...!!!--but i can assure you it wont be for the rivetting viewing & intellectual journalism...

Ooo...african women with guns--is probably the tag line, & there will be negative bulls**t in there somewhere...it astounds me that program & others like it get air time... :thumbsdown:

But claiming subliminal negative messaging planted by secret anti's who've infiltrated the editing room of 60 mins is a stretch mate...at best its just gutter journalism at its brain dead best...no offence mate, just my thoughts on that program..!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 10 Nov 2018, 7:35 pm

Stix wrote:Of course channel nine will advertise it & definately edit it for maximum shock value...
Thats what they do--it will barely even be a story--just a concept with which they will load up with any point (s) of drama to keep prime time.

If i watch it, it'll be hoping to see black boobies thats all...!!!--but i can assure you it wont be for the rivetting viewing & intellectual journalism...

Ooo...african women with guns--is probably the tag line, & there will be negative bulls**t in there somewhere...it astounds me that program & others like it get air time... :thumbsdown:

But claiming subliminal negative messaging planted by secret anti's who've infiltrated the editing room of 60 mins is a stretch mate...at best its just gutter journalism at its brain dead best...no offence mate, just my thoughts on that program..!! :thumbsup: :drinks:

what stix ? the media don't report the truth ? that's shocking mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as for subliminal influence, it's no secret the addverts on the telly are played with more volume than the movie your watching.........
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 10 Nov 2018, 9:22 pm

Yep...but NO...!!
Apparently the ads are not louder, apparently they csnt do that...!! :allegedly:

But the sound is "compressed"...which makes it louder...

There is conveniently no regs on that... :thumbsup:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 12 Nov 2018, 9:32 am

So anyone watch this :unknown:
(I didn't )
How did it turn out?, :unknown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 12 Nov 2018, 9:50 am

All I can say is that it didn't go anything like a lot of the previous posts thought it might.
If you didn't watch, you'll never really know, will you.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 12 Nov 2018, 10:25 am

I guess spending time with my daughter took precedence but depending on the responses I get here I may or may not get iit downloaded to watch at a later date.
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 12 Nov 2018, 10:55 am

I wouldn't waste my time DaDDYBANG, The time spent with your daughter was far more important and a lot more interesting.

It was a flop, again!

There's a ex Israeli commando, Nir Kalron running around doing a similar thing with blokes and I suppose a dozen more ex whatever training other groups as well.

I can't see why the confiscated tusks, horns etc can't be sold off instead of just burnt and the money put into modern equipment, like drones, satellite surveillance, better pay and conditions, etc etc. At present all the animal do gooders are running around talking this and that but the fact is elephants are just being slaughtered, like a herd of 87 recently. The government is arguing no it's 68, 78 or whatever, but who cares, it was a large herd!

GGGrrrr!
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 12 Nov 2018, 11:03 am

Thanks RJ :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 12 Nov 2018, 12:18 pm

No1_49er wrote:All I can say is that it didn't go anything like a lot of the previous posts thought it might.
If you didn't watch, you'll never really know, will you.

Daddybang didnt ask how it 'didnt' turn out...

& if not a load of shyte, how else would it turn out given its 60 mins of braindeadness...

I gather you found it secretly stimulating...?
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics