Marquee / tarp

Camping, fishing and outdoor recreational activities. Tips, equipment, accessories, hiking and outdoor cooking.

Marquee / tarp

Post by HereSkip » 10 Nov 2018, 5:57 pm

Hey guys looking at buying some shade for camping and Im thinking about a 6x3 marquee or a hexa tarp

my requirments are;

be able to set up solo
large enough for a cooking / relax area
wind and rain shelter (i live in tassie so literally cannot go camping without either)

whats everyone using? photos would be appreciated too thanks guys :drinks: :drinks:
"To achieve greatness you first must dream it." - Me, just then
HereSkip
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Marquee / tarp

Post by Jon79 » 10 Nov 2018, 6:33 pm

I use this one you can get walls for it as well they attach easy as the whole thing pops up and only takes a minute, easy to put up yourself

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/rid ... t=1&page=1
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by HereSkip » 10 Nov 2018, 7:03 pm

I think im just going to grab a kings awning with 2 walls for 180 bucks.. cant beat it really as a few people have pointed out to me
"To achieve greatness you first must dream it." - Me, just then
HereSkip
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 Nov 2018, 9:10 pm

Yep that's what I heard from a few ppl. Good value for the money
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 11 Nov 2018, 5:33 am

HereSkip wrote:I think im just going to grab a kings awning with 2 walls for 180 bucks.. cant beat it really as a few people have pointed out to me

Mate if ya by yaself then this is probably ya best bet. :thumbsup: :drinks:
I've got a 6m x4m tarp which is great but trying to get it up by myself is just a f@#kin pita!! :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 11 Nov 2018, 8:30 am

You can buy tent poles, paracord and tent pegs from Bunnings. Put up any size tarp you like. I use some pine secured to the load bar on my ute. Attach one end of the tarp to the pine, stretch it out over the back of the ute couple tent poles at the other end. The tray is then weather proof, can use as a table , storing stuff etc. Get a big enough tarp and you have a nice sheltered awning all the way around the tray and several metres behind it.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 25 Nov 2018, 7:41 pm

Supaduke wrote:You can buy tent poles, paracord and tent pegs from Bunnings. Put up any size tarp you like. I use some pine secured to the load bar on my ute. Attach one end of the tarp to the pine, stretch it out over the back of the ute couple tent poles at the other end. The tray is then weather proof, can use as a table , storing stuff etc. Get a big enough tarp and you have a nice sheltered awning all the way around the tray and several metres behind it.

I am interested in this setup...got a photo of how it looks?
Bigjobss

Post by bigpete » 26 Nov 2018, 10:33 am

Supaduke wrote:You can buy tent poles, paracord and tent pegs from Bunnings. Put up any size tarp you like. I use some pine secured to the load bar on my ute. Attach one end of the tarp to the pine, stretch it out over the back of the ute couple tent poles at the other end. The tray is then weather proof, can use as a table , storing stuff etc. Get a big enough tarp and you have a nice sheltered awning all the way around the tray and several metres behind it.

That sounds pretty damn good hey.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Supaduke » 27 Nov 2018, 10:07 am

You don't even need pine, you can just tie off to the load bar and fold the corners down. Or you can use two more tent poles. I don't have a photo of my setup. I can tell you its simple and easy to set up. Tieing it off to the ute allows you to really tension the guy ropes on the tent poles. My next project will be some basic LED lighting for the back of the ute.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Camping, fishing and outdoor recreation