Rolf Hey Gunsmithing

Improving and repairing firearms. Rifle bedding, barrel work, stock replacement and other ways to improve your firearms.

Rolf Hey Gunsmithing

Post by allan » 23 Nov 2018, 2:28 pm

Mods. please remove if inappropriate!

I often hear fellows from my local area complain about how difficult it is to find a decent smith who doesn't have excessive lead times. I also often see this subject mentioned on forums such as this.
I live about as far from Hobart as you can without leaving Australia but in recent years I've sent a lot of work ranging from basic mods. or repairs to full on custom builds to Rolf Hey of Acme Engineering in Hobart.
It's a straight forward task to ship inter-state through my local dealer and I have never had a job take longer than 6 weeks including freight time.
Rather than waffle on, here are a few pics of jobs Rolf has done for me - I'm old and fussy and am happy to say that he always completes my jobs in a timely & cost effective manner.

http://rolfhey.com/

Restored Sportco 63A
Restored Anschutz 17 Series Sporter
Custom LA101 Maddco Rebarrel
Restored & Modified Anschutz 1986 Build 1808 EDS
Restored & Modified 1979 Walther KK
Image[img]
Custom Cooper 57M Trueflite Ultra MatchImage
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: Rolf Hey Gunsmithing

Post by Daddybang » 23 Nov 2018, 3:14 pm

Looks like he does good work!! :thumbsup:
I really like the walther what's that chambered in ...is that a brake??,(sorry ive only got the phone so can't quite make it out! :lol: ) :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 23 Nov 2018, 3:23 pm

I'd say it's 22LR.
The "thing" on the end of the barrel is additional weight to get the swing/follow through right - it's a 50mtr running target rifle.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 23 Nov 2018, 3:32 pm

No1_49er wrote:I'd say it's 22LR.
The "thing" on the end of the barrel is additional weight to get the swing/follow through right - it's a 50mtr running target rifle.

Ahh the mysterious world of comp shooting!!
:lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Gunsmithing