Howard Leight impacts

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Howard Leight impacts

Post by Zappa » 24 Nov 2018, 9:24 pm

Prices on ebay from sellers seem to range from $45 - $89 bucks.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Howard-Leig ... 1343208451
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electronic- ... 1672941943

then i came across this...

https://canadianfirearmsblog.ca/identif ... pact-sport

Is that a common problem with this particular earmuff where knockoffs are present and in good supply ?
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Howard Leight impacts

Post by Gaznazdiak » 24 Nov 2018, 9:32 pm

Bloody Chinese will rip off anything.

Had to go and check mine.

Authentic, thankfully, good to know they're out there though.
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Nov 2018, 7:44 am

If bought from gunshop so expect it to be legit. Ebay unfortunately no checks, but grey a dodgy one you can get a full refund from PayPal.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Zappa » 25 Nov 2018, 8:25 am

Ziad wrote:Ebay unfortunately no checks, but grey a dodgy one you can get a full refund from PayPal.

It's mainly the sellers that sell the genuine thing and sometimes the actual manufacturers that normally report counterfeits to ebay. These ads have been up for a while, so it may now be a case of buyer beware and paypal refund.

Ive sent the seller an msg via ebay asking the question.
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Nov 2018, 9:51 am

One thing I've learned about buying from ebay is, no matter where the listing says the seller is, click on the user name of the seller and check their details. I also check their negative feedback comments.

Many times a seller claiming to be in Australia is actually in bloody China.

One character who sold me a dodgy trail cam suggested I sell it to someone else because they couldn't afford to refund me and postage from China was to high to send me a replacement.

I'm starting to think that lying, cheating, stealing and dodgy manufacturing is part of their school curriculum.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Zappa » 25 Nov 2018, 11:39 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Many times a seller claiming to be in Australia is actually in bloody China.

It's becoming more prevalent I noticed. I bought something recently, filtering down to Australian sellers and the nominal delivery ( 3-4 days) from a suburb in Sydney to Canberra.

Two weeks later the item still hasnt arrived. I asked them if it's coming from China and the seller said "No. It's coming from our warehouse in Sydney"
Then I asked why does the tracking show it cleared customs ?

Last time I checked there is no border or custom control between Sydney and Canberra.

..silence from his end...

Ive experienced this half dozen times in the last few months from dodgy ebay sellers :!: .

So story goes, get shafted with lies and deception, leave negative feedback and threaten Paypal intervention. They offer a 50% refund. You say "nup" and claim full refund if you want your neg feedback lifted. They offer full refund and you get to keep the goods.

They play the percentages game , gambling on the fact that not everyone will complain. With the amount of stock they move, they could afford to lose 5% - 10% of stock. :roll:
Last edited by Zappa on 25 Nov 2018, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Nov 2018, 11:51 am

What really sh!ts me about that is ebay are well aware it's going on but profit is more important.

Sure, every time it's happened they have backed me and provided a refund, but they still allow sellers who do this as a normal practice to continue.

I lodged formal complaints with both ebay and paypal, both were very sympathetic and helped resolve the issue in my favour, but the sellers are still in operation.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Zappa » 25 Nov 2018, 8:27 pm

Zappa
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by fishburgr » 24 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

I recently ordered a pair of the assumed fake ones for $45. Just interested in the quality compared to the genuine version.

I'll post something up when I receive them.
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 24 Feb 2019, 5:48 pm

Haha my 2 are hybrids they have shiny headband and very deep embossing but have the paddle contacts but they are about 7 years old and never missed a beat and perfect stereo
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by fishburgr » 13 Mar 2019, 9:01 am

I just received mine. There are no visual giveaways that they are fake. The battery contacts and headbands are as they should be, but the audio quality is really bad. I've never used a real pair to compare but these ones don't seem to amplify the sound until you put the volume up to 80% and at that level you hear a lot of soft static noise.

I havent tried them at the range yet, so maybe they will be ok under those conditions.
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 13 Mar 2019, 9:21 pm

I don't get static but if you turn them up and walk across the grass (If you can find any) it sounds lime a dog or something if following you .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment