More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

Post by Rod_outbak » 04 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm

Folks,

Some more of my local wildlife.
They are actually wild; I dont keep them; as such.

They live somewhere in the ceiling up above the outside landing; I keep a large mug filled with rainwater on the ledge beside the coldroom door, for their evening bathe. They crawl down the wall mid-evening, and soak for a good hour or so.

Frorgle on the left, Mrs AngryCroak in back, and Mrs FattyCroak on the right.

All practising their favourite sport of Olympic-grade Wall-Staring.

After an hour or two, the 2 fat ladies often crawl out on the ledge, and inhale a few mealworms that I put out for them every few nights.
Poor Frorgle isnt allowed to share dinner; he has been attacked the past 3 times he tried. So, he just sits in the bath for another hour or so, and then wanders off to find himself something to eat the old-fashioned way....

Funny little sods...

Cheers,

Rod.
Attachments
20181028_210702 (2).JPG
20181028_210702 (2).JPG (255.9 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: More Wildlife.... Some of my dependants

Post by brett1868 » 04 Dec 2018, 6:34 pm

I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

:D
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

Nice, I only have shiny red mushrooms with white polka dots... reminds me of a wizard of oz, everytime they come out. And today a friendly echidna paid a visit, unfortunately no phone.

But you have a mini wild life zoo at your place Mr Rod.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:26 pm

nice family of kermits rod. i got one or two living in downpipes around my place :thumbsup: :drinks:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 04 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

brett1868 wrote:I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.

that's a pretty funny picture you paint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:18 pm

bigrich wrote:
brett1868 wrote:I was in the outhouse at night long ago and had one of the green bastards climb out from under the rim and onto my right nut. I didn't think, I bolted with nothing but a trail of nuggets left in my wake.

that's a pretty funny picture you paint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:

If that were a painted picture...i doubt it would come under the "comedy" banner...

"Horror" maybe... :unknown:

:lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:26 pm

Nice pic Rod...& a great little yarn attached... :thumbsup: :D

Why dont you slip the young fella a worm when the fat mumma's arent lookin...??...i mean the poor fella probably gets smashed every second night by the 2 voluptuous horny cougars so he could do with the energy... :unknown:

Dont tell me you're jealous.. :unknown: . :o

(hell i would be... :silent: )
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Dec 2018, 8:28 pm

Maybe you could put out 2 containers....

One cup with water for the young fella, & a bowl of jelly for the girls.. :o ;)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 04 Dec 2018, 11:22 pm

Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah. Yes I laugh long and loud. I had a Perons tree frog land on my jewellery one night just recently in a station outhouse. Literally scared the s**t out of me!
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 1:22 am

I was a plumber up in the Kimberleys and we would get calls about green tree frogs in the toilet I would lift the lid on the cistern and there would be loads of them good barra bait but I could never bring myself to do it cute little fellas
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2018, 10:32 pm

Yep, under the toilet bowl rim is a favoured spot for em. Once they'er out you wonder how the hell they could squeeze in.
That's why a lot of dunnys in these areas have a house brick sitting on the lid.

They frequent power/meter boxes also,,,,, and somehow never seem to fry themselves.

Brett,,,,,,,, you should go back for a meet and greet Mate, cos they make good friends, and get quite used to being handled (unlike yer self) :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

Having thought about it Rod,,, Shame on you Mate, you shoulda at least put sunglasses on em to protect their eyes from the FLASH.

Bloody good pic though Mate.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 08 Dec 2018, 5:31 am

Didnt use a flash, mate.

Thats just the LED floodlight out on the landing(over & behind my left shoulder); the little camera in my phone seems to find it enough to take most pics.

The frog gang will sit there for hours; staring straight at that light.

Thanks,

Rod.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Dec 2018, 6:22 am

That light they stare at would be bringing in moths and bugs for them to munch on . I got gecko’s all round my place who use the same trick. I haven’t had a problem with spiders or cockroaches round my house in about 10 years
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation