Browning X-Bolt hunter V Sauer 100 Classic XT

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Browning X-Bolt hunter V Sauer 100 Classic XT

Post by ToyotaBoy » 22 Nov 2018, 12:30 pm

Hey hey hunter's & huntress's
Soooo ive decided i need, NO WANT, a new toy.
Ive got it down to 2 choices......

1 - Browning X-Bolt hunter
or
2 - Sauer 100 Classic XT

Both are in timber stock and in 270 cal.
Both look sexy

Pro/Con
Sauer is 6 shot......Browning is 5 shot.
Sauer is a 3 postion remington type safety, Browning is simple Tang safety.

What do you guys think?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese lests not turn this into a P1SSING fight :sarcasm:
ToyotaBoy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Browning X-Bolt hunter V Sauer 100 Classic XT

Post by marksman » 22 Nov 2018, 2:31 pm

IMHO I don't know these rifle's and don't want to repeat internet dribble :drinks:
but I will talk about my opinions on what you have said about the differences

#1 being 5 or six shot is neither here nor there and I think rarely would you get to the 6th shot :unknown:

#2 I rank tang safety's very highly for quick shooting while stalking over all other safety's :thumbsup:

#3 I like the 270 cal, it is a true 7mm :drinks:

I myself do not have a preference over either rifle, buying is a personal thing, really it is up to you
good luck with your decision :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:

forgot to say I really like sexy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Browning X-Bolt hunter V Sauer 100 Classic XT

Post by SomeoneElse » 07 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm

I don't have an opinion on the Sauer since I haven't used one.

Things I like about my X-bolt Hunter in 223.
    Tang safety is great. Seems natural and ergonomic to me. My thumb finds it without having to think. I now wish every safety was a tang type.
    Recoil pad is awesome (soft and lots of compression), makes shooting it a pleasure. Yes mine is .223, not a .270. Still, nice and comfy all day long.
    Nice crisp trigger, once backed off from the default factory/lawyer weight.
    Timber is pretty, and goes well with the black metal. No shiny glossy distractions.
Some "less fan-boy" things to consider re the X-bolt Hunter
    Scope rings for the X-bolt are not so common. I went with a 20MOA rail from Murphy Precision. They were great to deal with and its a great product but you've got to factor it into your overall costs.
    Palm swell is not ambidextrous. No problem for me as right-handed. (Sauer spec claims ambidextrous.)
    Can't top-load the mag. I'd like to be able to do that, though it's not required for my current hunting needs.
    I need to be conscious of avoiding short-stroking the action, failing to pick up the next round. The action is smooth to the point that I don't notice I've done it until I squeeze on an empty chamber. Probably a bad technique on my part coming from decades on .22 with shorter stroke. More trigger time required.

I'm sure you'll enjoy which every one you get. I had to wait months for mine to arrive in the country, but I'm happy with it and would rather have something I like than something that was simply available at the time. I did get to shoulder the X-bolt Carbon Fibre in .308 before putting my order in, so I had a good idea how mine was going to shoulder/swing.

Someone Else.
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey