A balanced news article on sustainable roo hunting

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

A balanced news article on sustainable roo hunting

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Dec 2018, 11:08 am

Key points:
Farmers forced to cull kangaroos to protect land
Indigenous chef teaches locals to cook culled animals
Expert says kangaroo a sustainable source of meat

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-09/ ... d/10587106
Member-Deleted

Re: a balanced news article

Post by bigrich » 09 Dec 2018, 11:27 am

good stuff . good to see a positive article instead of greenie loons crying about the inhumanity of it all . thanks for the post BBSS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: a balanced news article

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Dec 2018, 12:38 pm

I read that this morning, BBSS, and it's stupefying the amount of edible protein that's legislated to feed the bugs.

When I first moved to this section of the property and started into the rabbits I wanted to find a use for them, giving them to a shelter for elderly dogs or the local vet. I knew that meeting human food standards were beyond my scope, but nobody, not a single place I offered them to could take them.

The vet I can understand, animals with compromised health don't need unknowns in their diet.

So instead of Ninja stepping into .22 range and harvesting them, I pop the poor hole digging little bastards like tomatos with a golf club, using the .223 while slothing prone 200m away.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: A balanced news article on sustainable roo hunting

Post by Arth » 27 Feb 2019, 1:19 pm

Roo is great eating IMO.

Still surprises me this kind of thing is so slow to get said (though it shouldn't I suppose *sigh*)
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 27 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

It's really good to see these types of articles :thumbsup: :drinks:
However :D it's also bloody frustrating. .....The reason I say this is because these types of articles show "they" are actually more than capable of discussion around hunting and shooting etc in a rational and reasonable manner yet "they" often CHOOSE to demonize the same subject to stir sh@t1!!
I find it frustrating at times!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :violin: :violin: :violin: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 28 Feb 2019, 3:02 am

i am not trying to stir up any crap to leave a animal to just rot here that can feed some one is frowned upon most is donated to feed the poor or go to soup kitchens for homeless shelters.
Were my son goes to college in the city there was a large group of deer they had sharp shooters come in and shoot most of them and its what they did with all of them.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 28 Feb 2019, 4:58 am

wrenchman wrote:i am not trying to stir up any crap to leave a animal to just rot here that can feed some one is frowned upon most is donated to feed the poor or go to soup kitchens for homeless shelters.
Were my son goes to college in the city there was a large group of deer they had sharp shooters come in and shoot most of them and its what they did with all of them.

Our politicians don’t seem to mind wasting our money and resources, why would their attitude be any different with a food source. It’s stupidity for sure. Good to hear your not as wasteful with your deer wrenchman
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 28 Feb 2019, 7:43 am

wrenchman wrote:i am not trying to stir up any crap to leave a animal to just rot here that can feed some one is frowned upon most is donated to feed the poor or go to soup kitchens for homeless shelters.

Unfortunately our esteemed leaders have decided unless meat has been certified we cant use it. If I do up a killer or knock a scrubber the meat cannot legally leave my property unless I get my property certified as a meat works and then it has to go straight to Townsville to be certified as safe for human consumption. Ya can probably guess that this is not a cheap exercise. :drinks:
Apparently it's a bit different for game meats such as deer but ya still can't donate or sell it without certification. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey