(QLD) New shooter looking for a range.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

(QLD) New shooter looking for a range.

Post by paddy4444 » 09 Dec 2018, 5:02 pm

Hey guys.

I am looking for a range in Brisbane central that you guys reckon has a community that is very casual and relaxed.

I wont name, names but quiet a few places I have tried have been quiet disappointed generally issues relating to the staff that hate "modern" firearm technology advancements (magazines for example), tactical range ninjas and finally "safety" procedures which reach paranoia only that is only matched by the greens :crazy:

Although its hard to tell if a lot of the paranoia is just an individual range base or because of rules and regulations setup by the government.

Cheers!
paddy4444
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: (QLD) New shooter looking for a range.

Post by Rod_outbak » 09 Dec 2018, 5:57 pm

I dont think you are going to find a shooting range in or around Brisbane who can afford to be 'very casual and relaxed'.

To be honest, I seriously doubt there are very many ranges in all of Queensland who meet that bill, because they'd be shut down in an eyeblink.

From my limited experience, the higher the population in the area, the more paranoid the operators of ranges have to be.
It's the only way they'll stay open.

Why dont you know this?

[Dont mind me; I'm just reaching for my caterers pack of foil, and stuffing it in with my whitest sheets(1 spare in case the goat gets over-squeezed..), my extra large bottle of Worcestershire sauce, and a bottle of Glenlivet....Is that everything I need??]

Weird...
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by paddy4444 » 09 Dec 2018, 6:16 pm

When I say relaxed and casual. I dont mean reckless.

What are your suggestions for ranges?
paddy4444
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by deanp100 » 09 Dec 2018, 8:47 pm

I don’t think you will find a range that likes tactical mall ninjas. No- one likes them. Ranges in Brisbane central are few and far between. 1 actually. If you don’t fit in there you are going to struggle to find any more .
deanp100
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 10 Dec 2018, 7:43 am

What are you looking for, just casual rock up and shoot or a club for competition?

For casual you’re pretty much limited to SSAA Belmont and SSAA Ripley. Both are single round loading only.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Dec 2018, 8:05 am

ssshhhhhh, keep quiet about ripley dude. i don't want to have to sit next to any more muzzle braked rifles :D :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 10 Dec 2018, 10:31 am

I’m new to shooting to mate.
I’ve never had any trouble at SSAA at Belmont.
Everyone always very friendly and helpful.
On one occasion range officer stood next to me as I loaded up the mag and cycled through my new shottie in fact I did it five times.
So I think if you behave and are polite it will be all sweet
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 10 Dec 2018, 11:30 am

bigrich wrote:ssshhhhhh, keep quiet about ripley dude. i don't want to have to sit next to any more muzzle braked rifles :D :thumbsup:

I just smoke them out with my black powder :P
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Dec 2018, 12:40 pm

TheDude wrote:
bigrich wrote:ssshhhhhh, keep quiet about ripley dude. i don't want to have to sit next to any more muzzle braked rifles :D :thumbsup:

I just smoke them out with my black powder :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by paddy4444 » 10 Dec 2018, 12:46 pm

Guess that is another muzzle break your gonna have to put up with now :)
paddy4444
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Dec 2018, 6:24 pm

paddy4444 wrote:

Guess that is another muzzle break your gonna have to put up with now :)

yeh well, it keeps the flies away i guess :lol: :lol: :lol: and depending on which side of me the muzzle brake shooter is on i can change the part in my hair left or right :lol: :lol: :lol: unless i got a muzzle brake on both sides then i end up with messed up homeless person hair :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation