Another new party possibly on our side

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another new party possibly on our side

Post by bladeracer » 12 Dec 2018, 10:33 pm

https://www.peopleschoiceparty.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR2WS3dZ9sLlYp8nmDWBOb2EoLKS6w4ChHv3trvsjDLtVYa0NJUmyQ8pkzo

They have a policy document that doesn't sound terrible.
So I asked Jarrod about his view toward firearm ownership and recreational hunting.
He seems to be supportive.
Might be worth a look.

He is a dedicated conservationist and has worked with the Irwin's, but he doesn't seem rabid anti-gun :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Another new party possibly on our side

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Dec 2018, 12:14 am

Why wouldn't people support the SFFP? They do have our interests at heart. Other question is where does this other parties preference votes go when they don't get in?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 13 Dec 2018, 3:22 am

bigfellascott wrote:Why wouldn't people support the SFFP? They do have our interests at heart. Other question is where does this other parties preference votes go when they don't get in?

Both good questions.
SFFP should probably be polling to find out why people don't support them, and what they can do to get that support.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 13 Dec 2018, 3:25 am

bigfellascott wrote:Why wouldn't people support the SFFP? They do have our interests at heart. Other question is where does this other parties preference votes go when they don't get in?

1. SFFP do not run a candidate for every seat. If your only choice was this new Party, ALP, LNP who would you vote for??
2. Clearly, there are some who still haven't got the memo, it is the voter who decides where preferences go, not the Partys.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2018, 4:45 am

trekin wrote:

1. SFFP do not run a candidate for every seat. If your only choice was this new Party, ALP, LNP who would you vote for??
2. Clearly, there are some who still haven't got the memo, it is the voter who decides where preferences go, not the Partys.

If there was no SFFP candidate to vote for, I would vote for another independent before the major parties, and NEVER the green. Last state election, everyone I know, and a few besides, all voted one nation. Rebel gun works even had a push on for them because of labor talking about implementing ammo limits . I can’t believe one nation did so poorly when everyone I talk to says they voted for them. After some of the scandals and rigging coming out about labor and ugly Anna palace-chook coming out, I gotta wonder if they rigged the last state elections. They had a phone poll about renaming a children’s hospital which is gunna cost the taxpayers about 1.6 million to do. Because it was named by qld’s last liberal leader. Turns out the majority of the calls in the vote came from a few government offices, and ugly Anna won’t reveal who’s behind it. On top of that, a contract for making new passenger trains is going overseas instead of being made here. I think ugly Anna is cashing in because this is going to be her last term in office. Bloody politicians
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 13 Dec 2018, 6:41 am

One effective method for neutering a potentially troublesome political grouping is by fragmentation.
It would appear that is how the SFFP may be dealt with in Qld.
Liberal and Laber may appear to be in fierce competition but when it suits them........ and there is no shortage of aspirants wanting to lead their 'own' party.

By the way
bigrich wrote: Anna palace-chook

Her surname, which is Ukrainian in origin, was once pronounced to me by a native Ukrainian speaker and your rendition is a reasonable approximation of the correct pronunciation of her surname.
The fact that it is now rendered in a French sounding pronunciation, resembling neither it's original pronunciation nor the transliterated English of the Cyrillic written version, gives an indication of the chameleon like character of politicians.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 13 Dec 2018, 7:13 am

straightshooter wrote:One effective method for neutering a potentially troublesome political grouping is by fragmentation.
It would appear that is how the SFFP may be dealt with in Qld.

Unfortunately anything political coming out of se qld is viewed by the rest of the state as toxic until they prove otherwise. The push to "Boot Brisbane" is definitely gaining traction up this way. :drinks:

By the way
bigrich wrote: Anna palace-chook

Her surname, which is Ukrainian in origin, was once pronounced to me by a native Ukrainian speaker and your rendition is a reasonable approximation of the correct pronunciation of her surname.
The fact that it is now rendered in a French sounding pronunciation, resembling neither it's original pronunciation nor the transliterated English of the Cyrillic written version, gives an indication of the chameleon like character of politicians.

The FNQ way to pronounce it is "Anasthetic Palaschmuck" :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Dec 2018, 7:20 am

YEP DB agree and that's pronouncing it politely :thumbsup: :drinks: :D
It's like having a clutch of 13 eggs and only getting 12 chickens she being the 13th egg :thumbsup: :D
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 13 Dec 2018, 7:34 am

Yep granddad she wouldn't be worth scrambling if she was a egg!! :D :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Dec 2018, 8:04 am

Yeah, Nah i'd scramble her a dog could choke on a hard boiled egg
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Dec 2018, 8:55 am

I know I'll cop some flack, but my opinion is divided on the SFFP.
While I applaud their views on some things (like firearms policy), their religion based Social Conservatism means they are against many things in which I believe very strongly, abortion rights, voluntary euthanasia, the right of a person to live as the gender they feel suits them best etc.

Now, I'm not gay, or pregnant, or dying of some hideous malady, nor am I contemplating have little William removed so I can be called Ms, so the issues mentioned don't directly effect me, but I am mature enough to accept that there are wider issues that are of more importance than "what I want".
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 13 Dec 2018, 8:58 am

bigrich wrote:
trekin wrote:

If there was no SFFP candidate to vote for, I would vote for another independent before the major parties, and NEVER the green. Last state election, everyone I know, and a few besides, all voted one nation. Rebel gun works even had a push on for them because of labor talking about implementing ammo limits . I can’t believe one nation did so poorly when everyone I talk to says they voted for them. After some of the scandals and rigging coming out about labor and ugly Anna palace-chook coming out, I gotta wonder if they rigged the last state elections. They had a phone poll about renaming a children’s hospital which is gunna cost the taxpayers about 1.6 million to do. Because it was named by qld’s last liberal leader. Turns out the majority of the calls in the vote came from a few government offices, and ugly Anna won’t reveal who’s behind it. On top of that, a contract for making new passenger trains is going overseas instead of being made here. I think ugly Anna is cashing in because this is going to be her last term in office. Bloody politicians

Yeah, but question still remains, who does one vote for if your electrate have very limited choice? Personally, in such situations, I abstain by either placing a black line though all names on the ballet, or paying the booths electrol officer my $20 (remembering to get a reciept) and leave.
If you have never done a stint as a scrutineer for your preferred Party/candidate, give it a try at the next election. Guaranteed to be an eye opener.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Dec 2018, 10:49 am

Do the parties not do preference deals with each other?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by trekin » 13 Dec 2018, 11:03 am

bigfellascott wrote:Do the parties not do preference deals with each other?

It may appear that way in the media, or listening to/reading anything from the Party's themselves, BUT no, they can not!! The only people that can direct preferrences is the voter on the ballot paper. The Party/candidiate can only suggest how they would like you place YOUR preferrences on the ballet paper, hence the How To Vote Cards they hand out. If you follow their suggestions, it does look like they give their preferrences to another Party if they don't win on first preferrences, but in actual fact the count continues on to the second, or third etc, preferrence that you place your mark next to according to their suggestions.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Dec 2018, 3:37 pm

Thanks for that Trekin, all I can say is if you vote Lab or Lib you'd be a moron especially if you think things will get better under either, all they do is Lie and BS everyone so they can get control, they have f*** all ideas left that will make like better for the Australian Public, it's all about more restrictions and more taxes of one sort or another, people need to wake the f*** up and stop thinking its only a choice between labor or Libs - there are better options out there that people need to start looking towards.

Sadly that won't happen and all they will do is keep bitching about how bad things are yet they never seem to get the fact they contributed to that fact because they keep voting Lab or Libs, bunch of retarded f***s that they are!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Dec 2018, 3:44 pm

Preferences have put the rabid vegan apocalypse back in it's box, it would seem

Greens 'doomed' to repeat failures unless they learn from election rout, ousted MP says
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-12/v ... e/10612276
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Dec 2018, 3:51 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Preferences have put the rabid vegan apocalypse back in it's box, it would seem

Greens 'doomed' to repeat failures unless they learn from election rout, ousted MP says

Couldn't give a f*** about a Greens retard, they are seriously weird people and will destroy our lives and the world if these types ever get full control!! :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by trekin » 13 Dec 2018, 4:19 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Thanks for that Trekin, all I can say is if you vote Lab or Lib you'd be a moron especially if you think things will get better under either, all they do is Lie and BS everyone so they can get control, they have f*** all ideas left that will make like better for the Australian Public, it's all about more restrictions and more taxes of one sort or another, people need to wake the f*** up and stop thinking its only a choice between labor or Libs - there are better options out there that people need to start looking towards.

Sadly that won't happen and all they will do is keep bitching about how bad things are yet they never seem to get the fact they contributed to that fact because they keep voting Lab or Libs, bunch of retarded f***s that they are!

:friends: :thumbsup:
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 13 Dec 2018, 4:20 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:Preferences have put the rabid vegan apocalypse back in it's box, it would seem

Couldn't give a f*** about a Greens retard, they are seriously weird people and will destroy our lives and the world if these types ever get full control!! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup: :friends: :thumbsup:
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm

Oh dear, I should have been more specific it seems.
My comment wasn't an expression of sympathy for the Greens, I would have thought the "rabid vegan" reference would have illustrated that but never mind. :roll:

My point was about preferences. The Green with 13% was defeated by another micro party candidate with 1.26%, by preferences.

That's all.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2018, 5:10 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Thanks for that Trekin, all I can say is if you vote Lab or Lib you'd be a moron especially if you think things will get better under either, all they do is Lie and BS everyone so they can get control, they have f*** all ideas left that will make like better for the Australian Public, it's all about more restrictions and more taxes of one sort or another, people need to wake the f*** up and stop thinking its only a choice between labor or Libs - there are better options out there that people need to start looking towards.

maaaaate ! what we need is Bob Katter "the mad hatter " :o he's like a demented FNQ version of "yosimite sam " :lol: :lol: put him on a caffine drip, give him a sh#tload of taxpayer funded buckshot for his shotty , and point him in the direction of canberra :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER - i am joking, and do not advocate armed violent aggression . i watched to much " monty python" as a kid . for the benfiet of those watching....... ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Dec 2018, 9:34 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Oh dear, I should have been more specific it seems.
My comment wasn't an expression of sympathy for the Greens, I would have thought the "rabid vegan" reference would have illustrated that but never mind. :roll:

My point was about preferences. The Green with 13% was defeated by another micro party candidate with 1.26%, by preferences.

That's all.

I never thought you were in favor of them Mick, I just can't stand the weird little ****** and the crap they want us all to believe in - they will have us all getting stoned and f***ing each other if they had their way whilst munching a mungbean/tofu salad sandwich with fake "bacon" on it.

Oxygen thieves the lot of em. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Dec 2018, 9:43 pm

:lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Dec 2018, 9:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah Scott you are a sick, sick man.

You gave me a mental picture of Sarah Unhandsome-Young having sex with a mung bean.

Goodness me I'm going to have to find a really special stick to poke that out of my mind's eye.

I wasn't pointing that one at you mate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Jan 2019, 2:56 pm

Well said, take Queensland for example, While many Queensland voters voted for this debacle of a government, these would mainly be made up of non firearm owners and non farming people, unfortunately there would of been some in these groups, especially shooters, that did vote for labor.

As far as I am concerned, any shooter that voted for labor and to a lesser degree, the LNP, has no right to complain about about this type of action by the authorities, many times I hear the pissweak excuse that they had no choice, as there were no other suitable candidates, I say to shooters, what have you done personally to help provide suitable candidates?

Until the QLD SFFP have people on seats in parliament, nothing is going to change for the better, the KAP are about the only other party that will do anything really positive for shooters, even they will not stand by shooters to the degree the QLD SFFP will, forget one nation, their firearms policy is weak and stems from a last minute bid to try and grab shooter votes, Hanson taking on Mark Latham is a good indication of her commitment to shooters, they will sell us out at the drop of a hat.

Some of us have worked very hard to provide an alternative by getting the SFFP registered in Queensland, we have supplied the basis for shooters and others to have a viable party to support, but what has happened, nothing, far to many shooters prefer to continue to sit back and whinge, rather than grab this opportunity and do something with it.

I regularly hear, “what are the SFFP doing about it, and what are you offering us,” type comments, we don’t have a magic wand, if shooters want change for the better, they need stop expecting everyone else to make it happen for them, I say to those making these type of comments, what have YOU done to make change for the better.

Shooters have two choices, get off your apathetic backsides and help ensure you get some of your own people into parliament, or be prepared to have legal access to firearms completely removed in a few short years.

The other comment I get from those making excuses for voting for more of the same hurt is, that they vote for the majors because they are concerned about things other than guns etc, things like jobs, health and law enforcement, it doesn’t take a lot to see the major parties are doing a crap job with these as well, and continuing to vote for them just means more of the same garbage.

Until shooters get politically active in the right areas, nothing is going to change for the better.
Member-Deleted

Return to Firearms related media and politics