Lost Mail or Just Not Sent?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Lost Mail or Just Not Sent?

Post by r.dunn » 15 Dec 2018, 12:54 am

Hi All,

I know that Australia Post is hardly a reliable service provider, but given the number of licence cards they are not not being delivered the first time (reference to the Qld licence thread), I’m wondering whether the WLB just don’t send them out till you complete the Stsrutory Declaration. What’s the odds of that much lost mail always having a weapons licence in it?
22LR Lithgow LA101 Crossover
308WIN Tikka T3x TAC A1
r.dunn
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Lost Mail or Just Not Sent?

Post by bigrich » 15 Dec 2018, 6:19 am

maybe it's people in the "system" deliberatly sabotaging things. there are some really deluded people who believe cause they are opposed to animal cruelty, global warming. or some other concern, that they have the right to take action. it wasn't all that long ago i saw on the news lefty pro mosque/ pro refugee types getting physically violent with people opposed to their beliefs protesting peacefully. maybe some of these types have government/aust post jobs and are throwing spanners in the works. maybe i need a tinfoil hat , maybe i don't.......... :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Dec 2018, 6:20 am

Lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 15 Dec 2018, 9:11 am

My original license was ‘lost in the mail’ had to jump through all the hoops,eventually a replacement turned up.I got a call from WLB a few weeks later telling me that the original had been ‘returned to sender’.I found it curious that this had occurred as I have lived at the same address for nearly 20 years,hold numerous licenses issued from other government departments and never had any mail underlivered.I absolutely believe it is people within the system trying to frustrate citizens going about their lawful business.Its what happens when the executive government and their unelected masters the so called public service have no checks on their power.President Trump calls them the SWAMP same applies here in Australia
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Dec 2018, 9:55 am

Patriot wrote:My original license was ‘lost in the mail’ had to jump through all the hoops,eventually a replacement turned up.I got a call from WLB a few weeks later telling me that the original had been ‘returned to sender’.I found it curious that this had occurred as I have lived at the same address for nearly 20 years,hold numerous licenses issued from other government departments and never had any mail underlivered.I absolutely believe it is people within the system trying to frustrate citizens going about their lawful business.Its what happens when the executive government and their unelected masters the so called public service have no checks on their power.President Trump calls them the SWAMP same applies here in Australia

Why is it this does not surprise me. Perhaps it's because on many many occasions I've been told by managers that the law does not apply to them. They are out there.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by r.dunn » 18 Dec 2018, 7:06 pm

Hi All,

So, it turns out the delay was not WLB, but Australia Post. My card actually arrived in the post today! The franking stamps shows it was processed on 22 November...so it took about four weeks to travel from Victoria to Brisbane Metro.
22LR Lithgow LA101 Crossover
308WIN Tikka T3x TAC A1
r.dunn
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 18 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm

For your consideration.
So the police catch you speeding via a fixed camera and send you an infringement notice via a postal service that is not 100% guaranteed. Could take 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. This infringement might have been you speeding or may be a vehicle fault or a cam fault or what ever...
IF your vehicle has a Speedo fault - well, the police / govt now (either a fault or behaviour that needs correcting) where as you, the driver - more than likely don’t know in the case of a fault...
The next week your driving through a school zone thinking your doing 40 but your really doing 50...based on the govts own media saturation- every k over is s killer...soooo where is their duty of care to alert you to the possible issue that they know about in a timely manner - not 3-4 weeks?
Pass the Tin foil hat...cheers.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2018, 8:47 pm

whenYOU owe the system, you'll get the fine/bill in a couple of days don't you worry..... ;) :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Dec 2018, 9:56 am

Not if Aust post lose it...
It used to be that it was registered mail that you had to sign for it - now at least in Tassie - it comes via normal mail which may / may not arrive...first thing you might know iabout it - is you’ve jot a summons...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Patriot » 19 Dec 2018, 10:59 am

r.dunn wrote:Hi All,

So, it turns out the delay was not WLB, but Australia Post. My card actually arrived in the post today! The franking stamps shows it was processed on 22 November...so it took about four weeks to travel from Victoria to Brisbane Metro.

A Christmas card arrived in the mail today from my sister who lives in Melbourne,franking stamps show 16/12/2018. Must be Christmas magic!!
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws