This is what happens when you vote YES

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

This is what happens when you vote YES

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Dec 2018, 12:08 pm

Just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to these nutjobs and the way they see the world and how they now want you and your kids to see the world too. :crazy:

https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/p ... 40a6dd5268

Students at a UK primary school will now be told that boys can have periods too under new sex education guidance.

The advice to teachers was approved by Brighton Council in a bid to tackle stigma surrounding menstruation, The Sun reports.

The report states: “Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods”, adding “menstruation must be inclusive of ‘all genders’.”

It also orders that “bins for used period products are provided in all toilets” for children and that trans pupils and students should be provided with additional support from a school nurse if needed.

The council said it was “important for all genders to be able to learn and talk about menstruation together”.

“Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods”, adding “menstruation must be inclusive of ‘all genders’.”

The guidelines on tackling period poverty come just a few months after Brighton & Hove City Council issued a Trans Inclusion Schools Toolkit to encourage sensitivity around student gender identity.

In the toolkit, teachers are told to be responsive to the needs of all non-binary and trans children and are reminded that intentionally not using a person’s preferred name or pronoun can constitute harassment.

It also recommends a non-gendered uniform so that children are supportive of all students, regardless of gender.

In 2016, Brighton College was thought to be the first to change its uniform policy so that transgender pupils could wear what they like.

But Tory MP David Davies told the Mail On Sunday it was “insanity” for teachers to be explaining the concept of transgender boys having periods to eight-year-olds.

“Learning about periods is already a difficult subject for children that age, so to throw in the idea girls who believe they are boys also have periods will leave them completely confused,” he said.

A council spokesman told The Sun: “We believe that it’s important for all genders to be able to learn and talk about menstruation together. We recommend including boys in our lessons on periods and opportunities for girls to discuss issues in more detail if needed.

They added: “We are working to reduce period poverty. By encouraging effective education on menstruation and puberty we hope to reduce stigma and ensure no child or young person feels shame in asking for period products inside or outside of school if they need them.

“Our approach recognises the fact that some people who have periods are trans or non-binary.”
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: This is what happens when you vote YES

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Dec 2018, 12:13 pm

Gender to be removed from Birth Certificates

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-24/ ... s/10423686

Push to rid gender from birth certificates could have 'serious consequences', Government warns
By Carla Howarth

Updated 24 Oct 2018, 6:31pm
Transgender activist Martine Delaney
Photo: Transgender activist Martine Delaney says gender causes nothing but problems. (ABC News: Rhiannon Shine)
Related Story: Changes to Tasmanian transgender laws only 'do half the job'
Related Story: Push for reform after allegations transgender prisoner raped in Tasmanian jail
Related Story: Tasmania to consider allowing gender ID change without reproductive surgery

Removing the sex of a child from birth certificates would eliminate a range of problems that transgender people face, a lobby group says.
Key points:

The Greens have proposed amendments, supported by Labor, which would see gender removed from birth certificates except in special circumstances
The Tasmanian Government does not support the amendments
Activist Martine Delaney says the proposal would remove unnecessary barriers for transgender people

Last week the Tasmanian Government tabled amendments to legislation removing the need for transgender people to divorce their partners if they want their birth certificates changed.

The Tasmanian Greens then spoke in Parliament about proposed amendments to remove a child's gender from birth certificates. Their proposal is supported by the Labor Party.

The proposed amendments would require gender to be removed from a birth certificate, unless it was ordered by a magistrate or required under the laws of another state or the Commonwealth.

For gender to be included on a birth certificate, a child over 16 would have to make a statutory declaration.

For children under 16, a statutory declaration would be required from one of the child's parents or legal guardians and the order must express the views of the child.

If there is a disagreement between guardians, a magistrate would be needed to make an order.

Tasmanian Greens leader Cassy O'Connor — whose son Jasper Lees began his transition 18 months ago, and earlier this year called for people to be able to change their gender on their birth certificates without having surgery to remove their reproductive organs — said gender markers were a form of discrimination.
Jasper Lees, son of Cassy O'Connor
Photo: Jasper Lees spoke out about gender on birth certificates earlier this year. (ABC News: Scott Ross)

"At the moment a person who is transgender, if they want to have their birth certificate changed to reflect their identity, the law in Tasmania requires them to undergo invasive reproductive surgery," she said.

She said the Greens had sought public consultation.

"This issue has been on the radar of the Liberals in Government for at least three years," she said.

"They can't say this is a surprise to them and they've had transgender people lobby for this change."
Gender stamp 'simply causes problems'

Transforming Tasmania spokeswoman Martine Delaney said having a child's sex on their birth certificate posed problems for transgender people.

"This morning I received a copy of a birth certificate from the mother of a transgender girl, and she's a teenager applying for casual work," she said.

"Her birth certificate outs her as being born male and having a former male name.

"It serves no purpose and it simply causes problems."

Ms Delaney said it was an opportunity for Tasmania to lead the way.

"In Australia nobody else has done it," she said.

"There are provinces in Canada, and there are about 20 other countries around the world that are currently moving towards this."
Proposal doesn't have Government support

Premier Will Hodgman said the State Government did not support the proposal.

"Some of what has been proposed has not been adopted in any other state in Australia," he said.

In a statement, Attorney-General Elise Archer said Labor and the Greens must consult the public on the proposed amendments.

"No other state or territory in Australia has taken the step proposed of removing gender from birth certificates," she said.

"For Tasmania to do so, in the absence of any proper consideration of the reform, exposes the state to a range of potentially serious unintended consequences."

Ms Archer said the Tasmania Law Reform Institute (TLRI) would examine the proposed amendments.

"An investigation by the TLRI will give Tasmanians the opportunity to have their say on how their government manages issues of sex and gender, and the TLRI is best placed to properly consider the impact on our laws," she said.

Speaker Sue Hickey, whose vote could prove crucial if she were to turn against her Government to vote with the Greens and Labor, declined to comment ahead of debate.

Tasmania's director of the Australian Christian Lobby, Mark Brown, said the proposed amendments were "radical".

"I can't believe we're actually considering these," he said.

"All legislation needs to be weighed up in terms of the impact it's going to have on the wider community and there's been no public consultation."
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 18 Dec 2018, 12:26 pm

YES it is :crazy: :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 18 Dec 2018, 12:34 pm

You got that right Scott
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Dec 2018, 1:47 pm

Apparently they want a Neutral Gender Santa. This blokes a ball tearer! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... uq-WJxv5k4
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Dec 2018, 1:47 pm

Fk this you can't blame on the muslims, the Christians or even the right wing Trump loving ppl.

But what the f is the world coming too. Some ppl are truly gone crazy.....I wonder how the world will look when our children have their children.

I did speak to a girl, who was very patiently waiting for science to allow two females to produce an baby (without needing sperm) and same two guys without needing an egg from a woman
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 18 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

It must be alien life forms...

Remember the old movie "invasion of the body snatchers"...?

I think thats whats happening here... :thumbsup:

i find that theory easier to rationalise than this gobbldee-gook anyway... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2018, 2:22 pm

Stix wrote:It must be alien life forms...

Remember the old movie "invasion of the body snatchers"...?

I think thats whats happening here... :thumbsup:

i find that theory easier to rationalise than this gobbldee-gook anyway... :unknown:

I think you’re right stix , drive down the main night club district of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and you definitely would think that aliens are taking over :wtf:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 Dec 2018, 3:03 pm

Ah, Scott, more virtue signaling dogooder wannabes trying to out signal the Deer Fondler of the other day.

Mate, as I was growing up it was "1984" the world was worried about.
Seems to be heading for a Chinese "Brave New World" instead.
Glad I'm too old to see us get there, I hope.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Dec 2018, 5:14 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Ah, Scott, more virtue signaling dogooder wannabes trying to out signal the Deer Fondler of the other day.

How the f*** are we supposed to describe ourselves, I guess we will all be it's or something, got me f***ed what the hell these it's are about, they seriously are weird but the more worrying part is they will be the norm one day and we will be considered weird! :crazy:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wombat » 18 Dec 2018, 6:50 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Ah, Scott, more virtue signaling dogooder wannabes trying to out signal the Deer Fondler of the other day.

You mean Easthem surely. ;)
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 18 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Apparently they want a Neutral Gender Santa. This blokes a ball tearer! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... uq-WJxv5k4

:thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 18 Dec 2018, 9:38 pm

The simple facts are that a very small number of people are seeking to impose there view of the world on the rest of society. This link from the Australian Bureau of Statistics is an article about the number of “gender diverse” people from the 2016 census.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... Census~100

I don’t know about the rest of society, but I am firmly of the view that 23 million Australians shouldn’t be pushed around by 1260 individuals. This is the problem when propaganda is not subject to scrutiny by those in the media whose job it is to scrutinise. I believe that people propagandising for transgender issues probably feel they are doing it from a place of compassion. However they do not extend compassion to vulnerable women who don’t want a man believing they are a woman using their public change rooms and toilets. Nor do they have compassion for all the very young children they are stealing childhood from by sexualising childhood.

My stance is that I will be civil to people. I respect people have the right to hold their opinion. They don’t, however have the right to demand l agree with it. I believe that As adults we need to be protective of vulnerable children. This article demonstrates that adults seeking to address a non problem for a tiny portion of the population are willing to cause harm to children. This is in my opinion reprehensible. I refuse to kowtow to the ideology of this minuscule number of people in our community.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Patriot » 19 Dec 2018, 12:01 pm

The founding fathers of the USA had it right and I quote “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”.So with that in mind I believe that all people are equal under the law,therefore same sex couples should be permitted to have their union officially recognised by the Attorney General of Australia, in other words pursue happiness.
Over the last ten years i believe Australia has changed course and the destination is “tyranny of the the minority”.Had the SSM survey happened Ten years ago I would have voted yes every day of the week but I voted No, despite having a close family member who is gay,I voted no because I am tired being told what is right by the politically correct minority, by having my liberty to say and speak what I think being infringed, and having my pursuit of happiness frustrated by cultral marxists who hate life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Dec 2018, 12:14 pm

Patriot wrote:The founding fathers of the USA had it right and I quote “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”.So with that in mind I believe that all people are equal under the law,therefore same sex couples should be permitted to have their union officially recognised by the Attorney General of Australia, in other words pursue happiness.
Over the last ten years i believe Australia has changed course and the destination is “tyranny of the the minority”.Had the SSM survey happened Ten years ago I would have voted yes every day of the week but I voted No, despite having a close family member who is gay,I voted no because I am tired being told what is right by the politically correct minority, by having my liberty to say and speak what I think being infringed, and having my pursuit of happiness frustrated by cultral marxists who hate life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Same here mate, I've got friends who are gay and relatives, I'm happy for them to do what they want in regards to being with each other (whatever floats ya boat) and the reason I voted NO was exactly the same reason you voted NO, it was about being fed up with being told how I should feel and act and what I should or shouldn't believe in, that sort of thinking ain't ever going to wash with me!!

I'll decide what I do or don't believe in and what I should or shouldn't feel, not some bunch of nutjobs with an agenda! :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 19 Dec 2018, 5:33 pm

its amazing that this time around this discussion hasn't turned ugly :unknown: :clap:

our moral ethics are being taken away from the church's view and given to the academics who think this way,
of course it's not all academics but it is being pushed through the school system where I was told that they have no say in regard to gender fluidity being taught, they stopped teaching a religion because it wasn't everyone's religion so I was told but have no say in teaching about gender fluidity :unknown:

as you said scott who cares what they do as long as it does not affect me or my family and keep it to themselves,
I do not like people who openly brag about there sex life ect... anyone
I teach my children that we are all people and that goes for everyone "you are a person" , not special because you have a loose wire in your head
my daughter had to take a gold donation to school, wear different coloured socks and rainbow coloured hair for gay day
she was very upset when I explained that odd socks signified people being odd and that rainbow coloured hair signified a fairy tale not real life

I really dont know what to say about the future
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 19 Dec 2018, 5:46 pm

A person does not have to be revered as She or he now if they wish they can be gender neutral As Ze I think the world population has been infected with a stupid germ , if I remember rightly if you have testes your Male if not your female anything other you have a mental condition deal with it
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

Well it is a mental condition...or a chromosome (dna) level issue. But still we teaching our children gender fluidity while china is teaching obedience and how to conquer the world............. my tin foil hat has disappeared.... blame Chinese hackers
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 20 Dec 2018, 10:02 am

Patriot wrote:The founding fathers of the USA had it right and I quote “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”.So with that in mind I believe that all people are equal under the law,therefore same sex couples should be permitted to have their union officially recognised by the Attorney General of Australia, in other words pursue happiness.

Just a follow up,below is an non exhaustive list of the unalienable rights given to human beings upon birth.How many of these are being infringed upon or completely ignored by governments and some of your fellow citizens in Australia today?

To act in self-defense (personal, family, innocents, nation).
To own and carry weapons for self-defense and for ensuring that the nation remains free.
To own and control private property (land, money, personal items, intellectual property, etc.)
To earn a living and keep the fruit of one’s labor.
To freely migrate within the country or to leave the country.
To worship—or not worship—God in the manner one chooses.
To associate with—or disassociate from—any person or group.
To express any idea through print, voice, banner, or other media.
To be secure in one’s home, papers, and person against unwarranted searches and seizures (privacy).
To be advised of the charges, in the event of arrest.
To have a judge determine if the accused should be held for trial or for punishment.
To be tried by a jury of one’s peers and face one’s accuser, in the event of being charged with a crime.
To be tried by a jury of one’s peers, in the event of a suit in which the disputed amount is substantive.
To suffer no cruel or unusual punishment.
To establish, monitor, control, and petition our servant government to help secure the above rights.
To abolish said government, when it becomes destructive of these rights.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 20 Dec 2018, 12:50 pm

Be nice if it were true Patriot.

History has demonstrated repeatedly that these "rights" are anything but inalienable/unalienable (grammatically interchangeable, take your pick), which means:

"not subject to being taken away from or given away by the possessor."

No right, not even access to breathable air is inalienable, they should be, I agree with you wholeheartedly on that, but reality and human nature will always prevent true, inalienable rights.

PS
Rights given at birth by whom?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 20 Dec 2018, 2:44 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Be nice if it were true Patriot.

History has demonstrated repeatedly that these "rights" are anything but inalienable/unalienable (grammatically interchangeable, take your pick), which means:

"not subject to being taken away from or given away by the possessor."

No right, not even access to breathable air is inalienable, they should be, I agree with you wholeheartedly on that, but reality and human nature will always prevent true, inalienable rights.

PS
Rights given at birth by whom?

They are Natural Rights,so nature, or god/creator if you believe that.

Your definition is spot on,the problem is governments have been allowed by the governed or the citizens to infringe upon those rights.A great example is the confiscation of private property by the federal government following the crimes committed at Port Arthur, allowed by a gullible citizenry.So as rights to property are a Natural Right the government vialated the laws of Nature.Another example is anti terrorism laws, where citizens can be held without charge....Government the enemy of all free men!!
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 20 Dec 2018, 4:32 pm

We seem to be in the same chapter Patriot, but not quite on the same page.

I look at little g government as being like the surgical heart/lung machine they use for transplants and such.
I don't really want an outside influence having my life in it's hands but sometimes it just has to be, so I accept it.

Where I see the problem, is not the concept of government because without it we would still be living in feudal anarchy, like Somalia.
The problem, as I see it, is the type of people attracted to the power and influence of being involved in the running of the system.
They almost always have the greed and personality of an ambulance chasing lawyer and the scruples of an itinerant pig rooter.

We need a rule of law based system, and a hierarchy to rub lard on it's axles to keep it running, we just need to weed out all the cvnts mate.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 20 Dec 2018, 7:39 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:We seem to be in the same chapter Patriot, but not quite on the same page.

I look at little g government as being like the surgical heart/lung machine they use for transplants and such.
I don't really want an outside influence having my life in it's hands but sometimes it just has to be, so I accept it.

Where I see the problem, is not the concept of government because without it we would still be living in feudal anarchy, like Somalia.
The problem, as I see it, is the type of people attracted to the power and influence of being involved in the running of the system.
They almost always have the greed and personality of an ambulance chasing lawyer and the scruples of an itinerant pig rooter.

We need a rule of law based system, and a hierarchy to rub lard on it's axles to keep it running, we just need to weed out all the cvnts mate.

Indeed mate...cvnts they are
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Dec 2018, 9:53 am

Hey Patriot can I ask what are these "unalienable rights given to human beings upon birth". And who gives it to humans.... unless babies are delivered by storks still and they come with an instruction manual and the rights were in it. I know mine missed out as the was no instruction manual.. unless the doctor threw it out.

And well I have read a few books from God, none of them mention any of these rights, and again who in nature gave out these rights... which begs a question, if nature (instead of God) gave these rights why didnt she give the rights to a chimpanzee or a fox, what makes humans so special?
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 21 Dec 2018, 10:31 am

Ziad wrote:Hey Patriot can I ask what are these "unalienable rights given to human beings upon birth". And who gives it to humans.... unless babies are delivered by storks still and they come with an instruction manual and the rights were in it. I know mine missed out as the was no instruction manual.. unless the doctor threw it out.

And well I have read a few books from God, none of them mention any of these rights, and again who in nature gave out these rights... which begs a question, if nature (instead of God) gave these rights why didnt she give the rights to a chimpanzee or a fox, what makes humans so special?

Hey Ziad,

Some of the rights are listed above.As human beings we have a conscience and the ability to reason and to control our natural instincts,so when you look at that I think that makes us a pretty special species,but by no means perfect and some of us better examples than others.

So as human beings these basic rights are bestowed upon at birth to enable us to stay alive basically and I believe no other person should be able to infringe upon them.In saying that one has to behave one self and not infringe on the rights of others.

Just my opinion though mate and if I’m wrong I’m happy to shown so.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 21 Dec 2018, 11:22 am

What makes humans so special?

Humans think they are special because they have been telling themselves they are the center of the universe for millennia.

Look at the central themes of the major monotheistic religions.
A supernatural being, sitting in the dark apparently, suddenly decided to lighten the place up and build an entire universe for one creature, the human, and what's more, created these creatures in it's own image.

So right off they own everything and it's all just for them, and to top it off, they are godlike.

Raise a child that way and what do you get?
A selfish, greedy narcissist who thinks the world and it's contents is their playground.

Dinosaurs were dominant for hundreds of millions of years, and if not for the Chicxulub asteroid, still would be.

But we apes are far smarter than the dinosaurs, we've built our own asteroid. It's going to take a century or two to achieve the same effect, but we are busy at it.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Dec 2018, 12:48 pm

Patriot I get rest of your post, the only issue i have is with the bestowed upon us part. Who did the bestowing......

I am either over thinking, or you haven't thought it through, just read a document somewhere liked the idea and ran with it. So I started google machine, appears you have read some ideas by a 17th century philosopher and the declaration of independence (America). Good ideas but not something that will run anywhere else except America.

As I see it, we live in a democratic system similar to roman/greek, where we have responsibilities and functions to perform, and we have another body of people who's responsibilities is to provide us basis of living, a framework of rules. And we can choose the bunch of people. Like all systems the decisions taken by the chosen few might not benefit everyone in the society, and not everyone in the society will agree with all of the decisions taken. But the overarching principle that any society is built upon that the general population do their part and observe the laws as set for that society, or anarchy will happen.

Thus going back to your post, I will say with respect, that some of your basic rights as you call them go against the rules set by the government, and talk of over throwing the government is bordering on anarchy.

Also what is to say if the rules you posted only a small minority hold true, and the rest dont wan't in their lives anyway.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 21 Dec 2018, 12:55 pm

Ziad wrote:Patriot I get rest of your post, the only issue i have is with the bestowed upon us part. Who did the bestowing......

I am either over thinking, or you haven't thought it through, just read a document somewhere liked the idea and ran with it. So I started google machine, appears you have read some ideas by a 17th century philosopher and the declaration of independence (America). Good ideas but not something that will run anywhere else except America.

As I see it, we live in a democratic system similar to roman/greek, where we have responsibilities and functions to perform, and we have another body of people who's responsibilities is to provide us basis of living, a framework of rules. And we can choose the bunch of people. Like all systems the decisions taken by the chosen few might not benefit everyone in the society, and not everyone in the society will agree with all of the decisions taken. But the overarching principle that any society is built upon that the general population do their part and observe the laws as set for that society, or anarchy will happen.

Thus going back to your post, I will say with respect, that some of your basic rights as you call them go against the rules set by the government, and talk of over throwing the government is bordering on anarchy.

Also what is to say if the rules you posted only a small minority hold true, and the rest dont wan't in their lives anyway.

:thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 21 Dec 2018, 5:16 pm

Ziad wrote:Patriot I get rest of your post, the only issue i have is with the bestowed upon us part. Who did the bestowing......

Ziad thanks for your comments

Ok,I just googled the Declaration of Independence, what a great document and your right a lot of what I’m saying is stated in it but the ideals go back a lot further than the late 18th century. In fact they come from the great civilisations such as the ones you mentioned the Greeks/Romans these societies believed in the sovereign right of the individual and republican government the great Founding Fathers of the USA believed the same.I disagree though that those ideals will only run in America.If you read both the Australian and US constitutions you will see a lot of similarities except there are a lot more checks on the executive and the congress in the US the main one being the Bill of Rights.The Bill of Rights ensure the unalienable rights I have been banging on about.I believe if you asked most Australians, do you think we should have those rights I mentioned above inshrined in the constitution so they are safe from the government of the day i.e.can only be change by referendum most of the people would support most of the rights. As to overthrowing the government,that’s not what I’m saying.When a system of government no one longer serves the governed the governed should replace it with one that does,I believe the current system does not serve the people it serves those in Canberra and state capitals.You are correct, those rights are in opposition to the government,they are supposed to be,they are protecting the citizens from the government, or protecting the individual from the tyranny of the majority.Australians typically have gone along with “government knows best” that sought of thinking got 60000 of our best and bravest killed on western front,as I have said before governments are the enemy of all free men.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics