"Someone has to speak on behalf of the deer".

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

"Someone has to speak on behalf of the deer".

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Dec 2018, 4:39 pm

so let's gatecrash a hospital Xmas party for little kids with cancer...

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 50msh.html

you couldn't make this stuff up
Member-Deleted

Re: "Someone has to speak on behalf of the deer".

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2018, 4:48 pm

FFS what a BUNCH OF F@#$WITS ! haven't idiots like this got better things to be outraged about ? aren't there more important issues than crashing a christmas cheer and goodwill event for sick kids ? from the photo on the link, the organiser looks like a self entitled drug taking idiot , who's probably at uni , and has nothing better to do . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: there ! COCD rant over ;) :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 17 Dec 2018, 5:22 pm

quote: "Protester Daniel Heggie said the reindeer were being exploited."

yea they dont want you to enjoy the deer by having them as pets but they want to make them a pest in Australia so they can poison them out of existence
as well as everything else, makes a lot of sence :crazy:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Dec 2018, 5:34 pm

Sometimes I see this stuff and look at my kids and just think - what type of farkin world are you all growing up in...it’s getting worse.
I might shut down the hiway tomorrow - sooo many farkin bugs are being outright murdered by cars moving at speed. Who speaks on behalf of the bugs...?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2018, 5:39 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Sometimes I see this stuff and look at my kids and just think - what type of farkin world are you all growing up in...it’s getting worse.
I might shut down the hiway tomorrow - sooo many farkin bugs are being outright murdered by cars moving at speed. Who speaks on behalf of the bugs...?

"LOUIE THE FLY" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 17 Dec 2018, 6:07 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I might shut down the hiway tomorrow - sooo many farkin bugs are being outright murdered by cars moving at speed. Who speaks on behalf of the bugs...?

One thing that always stands out to me whenever I drive in Tasmania is the sheer quantity of marsupial roadkill. Maybe they just dont clear them off as often as they do in Victoria :unknown:
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Dec 2018, 6:12 pm

It’s funny you say that because there was a huge uproar a week ago by the Chinese tourists who were complaining about the amount of road kill on the roads.
Have to remember - we don’t have foxes or wild dogs or crocs or etc - and we have plenty of water...wallaby are top of food chain here (except for drop bears)...numbers are insane at times...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Wombat » 17 Dec 2018, 6:18 pm

Hopefully it'll put them off. I know its good for the economy etc But Tassies just not the same as it was when I first visited, it must be depressing for the locals.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2018, 6:30 pm

Wombat wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:I might shut down the hiway tomorrow - sooo many farkin bugs are being outright murdered by cars moving at speed. Who speaks on behalf of the bugs...?

One thing that always stands out to me whenever I drive in Tasmania is the sheer quantity of marsupial roadkill. Maybe they just dont clear them off as often as they do in Victoria :unknown:

nah, just less bogan hillbillys out collecting roadkill for dinner . guess that's what they call "fast food" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 17 Dec 2018, 6:38 pm

Just like the f@#kwit protesters at sea world etc this week...Unfortunately someone is going to lose it and end up in jail for smashing one of these low dog scum suckin pigs!!
I don't have a problem with people protesting for their beliefs but theres a right way and a wrong way and this is just plain f@#kin WRONG!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 17 Dec 2018, 6:47 pm

Daddybang wrote:Just like the f@#kwit protesters at sea world etc this week...Unfortunately someone is going to lose it and end up in jail for smashing one of these low dog scum suckin pigs!!
I don't have a problem with people protesting for their beliefs but theres a right way and a wrong way and this is just plain f@#kin WRONG!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

last time those idiots did that a heap of parents and patrons give them a slap around :D :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 17 Dec 2018, 7:16 pm

Wombat wrote: One thing that always stands out to me whenever I drive in Tasmania is the sheer quantity of marsupial roadkill. Maybe they just dont clear them off as often as they do in Victoria :unknown:

No, it's just so frikin cold there that there's no chance of putrifaction :allegedly: More like straight into the permafrost :lol:
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Dec 2018, 7:47 pm

So the reindeer were being exploited say's the leader who looks like he just woke from a drug induced coma
Well then what the fekken hell was he doing with the children then if not exploiting them for his cause
Some people have sh##t for brains and some are just plain sh##t
Protesting is ok but choose your protest well and leave the children alone
Just shows the mentality of these bastards I am appalled they'd stoop so low
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Dec 2018, 8:24 pm

Dafuck.png
Dafuck.png (150.76 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 17 Dec 2018, 8:38 pm

Daddybang wrote:Just like the f@#kwit protesters at sea world etc this week...Unfortunately someone is going to lose it and end up in jail for smashing one of these low dog scum suckin pigs!!

Does Sea World have a shark tank? :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 17 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm

Oh deer these young people are going nuts
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2018, 6:16 am

brett1868 wrote:

Does Sea World have a shark tank? :D

There's a thought!! :twisted: :D :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 18 Dec 2018, 10:00 am

Don’t you love young ideologues imposing their world view on the rest of us? No? Me either. The thing I find interesting is the anthropomorphism of the young bloke. Stating he knew what some domesticated animals are thinking. What is he? Brisbane’s very own contemporary Dr Doolittle? In my opinion they deliberately and cynically chose this event to promote their animal right, not animal welfare, dogma. If they had attended a farm or made representations to their MP they would have garnered no attention. The positive thing about this is they, in my opinion, so utterly witless. Clearly any sympathy people may have felt for their views evaporates by targeting an event for ill vulnerable children.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 18 Dec 2018, 10:10 am

Not sure why any of us are laughing at these lunatics- the Animal Justice Party managed to get a member into Victorias upper house at the last election, all sorts of "animal lovers" will vote for them without thinking about it!
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 18 Dec 2018, 11:49 am

Does anyone else wonder why things like this make it in to the news paper /media giving them coverage only make,s it worse in the long run (oxygen bandits they should just go sip another latte)
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2018, 4:28 pm

i can't post a link, but i've just seen a news story on a USA poacher in missouri who has been sentenced to watch bambi once a month :o :wtf: :shock:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 18 Dec 2018, 7:28 pm

Haha. BR - you a Joe Rogan fan as well?? He just talked about this in his latest podcast.
Last edited by TassieTiger on 20 Dec 2018, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2018, 8:44 pm

dunno who that is tas, saw the story on chanel 9 on the telly this arvo . pretty freakin bizzare :wtf: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 18 Dec 2018, 8:48 pm

bigrich wrote:i can't post a link, but i've just seen a news story on a USA poacher in missouri who has been sentenced to watch bambi once a month :o :wtf: :shock:

you have to love bambi
I've seen it thousands of times :lol:
lots of children :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 18 Dec 2018, 9:00 pm

PaddyT wrote:Not sure why any of us are laughing at these lunatics- the Animal Justice Party managed to get a member into Victorias upper house at the last election, all sorts of "animal lovers" will vote for them without thinking about it!

Thanks for this post. I have just had a look at the Animal Justice Party website. In my opinion this is an eco-fascist party. They make no apologies about working towards everyone having a totally plant based diet. They are clear they want to end all animal based agriculture. It is irrelevant that the majority in a democracy doesn’t agree. In a democracy all have the right to involvement in the democratic process: but we all only get one vote. This party are undemocratic in my view and are clear that they wish to impose their views on the rest of us.

I found their “education” policy particularly disturbing. They are seeking to proselytise in schools to convert impressionable children to their vegan “animal rights” dogma. I for one don’t accept in any way that animals have rights. Rights are a human concept. I believe we should not be cruel: as an ethical shooter I believe in making a humane kill and seek to avoid causing suffering. I always find it interesting that “animal rights” believers never talk about an animals obligations or responsibilities. Normally if one has rights one also has both of those. Of course animals don’t, because they can’t. The only good thing about this part is they are at least upfront about how dangerous they are in my opinion.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 18 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

100% with you Bruiser these alarmist like to bang on about things going extinct yet never consider the animals that have flourished with human help cats dogs cattle many bird species.The few opportunities I have had to discuss this topic they shut down and have no interest in any other opinion.Even the New Testament declares we are the masters of the seas and skies as well as all the creatures of the land
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 19 Dec 2018, 7:22 am

Well not sure about the Facist tag, they more use the same tactics that the Communists used to take over Eastern Europe in the late 1940's, tell the masses(in this case animal lovers) that they can have everything they want-like a fairytale of animal and human heaven and discredit the opposition through any means possible. Ive never seen anyone from the far left of politics actually believe in the democratic process other than something to be manipulated towards the ultimate goal of complete control for themselves! However the AJP will get votes because unthinking do gooders will not think about the implications of their vote. As an example a couple of years back a dolphin came up into the higher reaches of the Hawkesbury River (near where i live and work)and died (it was sighted for a few days before its death so am guesssing it was unwell, no autopsy was carried out). The death was reported by the local newspaper ANND- I kid you not there was an entire conversation on social media that started with "OMG I didnt know dolphins died!!! " As i said there are a lot of morons in the world.
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bruiser64 » 19 Dec 2018, 8:10 am

PaddyT wrote:Well not sure about the Facist tag, they more use the same tactics that the Communists used to take over Eastern Europe in the late 1940's, tell the masses(in this case animal lovers) that they can have everything they want-like a fairytale of animal and human heaven and discredit the opposition through any means possible. Ive never seen anyone from the far left of politics actually believe in the democratic process other than something to be manipulated towards the ultimate goal of complete control for themselves! However the AJP will get votes because unthinking do gooders will not think about the implications of their vote. As an example a couple of years back a dolphin came up into the higher reaches of the Hawkesbury River (near where i live and work)and died (it was sighted for a few days before its death so am guesssing it was unwell, no autopsy was carried out). The death was reported by the local newspaper ANND- I kid you not there was an entire conversation on social media that started with "OMG I didnt know dolphins died!!! " As i said there are a lot of morons in the world.

That dolphin story gives a good insight into the magical thinking of these people. They really have no real knowledge about animals at all. The reason I call them fascists is that they are making no pretence that the communities views or needs count. They are seeking to impose their will on the community. Perhaps a better word is autocrat. One of the things they propose is to end castration of animals. I can’t imagine horse riders would like this idea. Managing stallions is very challenging, which is why most male horses are gelded. Most male dogs and cats are neutered for the same reasons, as well as to limit breeding. So just this policy is indicative of magical thinking with no concerns for humans at all.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 19 Dec 2018, 8:43 am

It is suprising that with daylight saving how many people believe that the day is longer and will affect cows milking.I was at a dairy farm when this all went down and I still milked at 2.30 AM and 2.30 PM for the same results
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by PaddyT » 20 Dec 2018, 10:35 am

Yes Bruiser, it is magical thinking, i laughed when i saw that article about the deer poacher in the USA being forced to watch Bambi , maybe AJP members should be forced to watch videos of foxes in hen houses or african Hunting dogs running down antelope or orcas eating seals or dolphins or whatever, drum some commonsense into all of them (if thats possible)
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics