DANG IT!!

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

DANG IT!!

Post by Noisydad » 24 Dec 2018, 9:20 am

Don’t you just hate when you’re cruising the used gun sites and you see one of you bucket list rifles...in the “sold” section!!! :oops:
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: DANG IT!!

Post by pomemax » 24 Dec 2018, 9:30 am

Yes i do hate that , its also funny how it just sold yesterday ?
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 24 Dec 2018, 9:41 am

Yep! Five times I’ve missed out on a Uberti built Remington revolving carbine! I’m beginning to think there’s actually only one in Australia that keeps coming on the market once a year.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Dec 2018, 9:50 am

Noisydad wrote:Don’t you just hate when you’re cruising the used gun sites and you see one of you bucket list rifles...in the “sold” section!!! :oops:

absolutely. i love model 70 winchesters and looking on used guns one morning i found a model 70 ,308 winchester ," FACTORY MADE ", heavy barrelled target rifle ! with sold on the add. and this was 5.30 in the morning .......was sold by wattle grove :cry:

:drinks: :thumbsup: .
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bill » 24 Dec 2018, 12:03 pm

I reckon ya dodged a bullet bigrich, bloody wattle grove dealer is a pos lying grub, Id never buy off him again
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 24 Dec 2018, 12:39 pm

Bill wrote:I reckon ya dodged a bullet bigrich, bloody wattle grove dealer is a pos lying grub, Id never buy off him again

ahh right. i've come across him at gun shows and found him to be quite rude . i take it something was not as described on a purchase ?

:drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bill » 24 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm

LOL bought an old sako off him, it certainly was not as described, infact the pitting on the bolt handle/bolt and bottom metal was soem of the worst id seen, steer clear of the lying pos
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 26 Dec 2018, 9:04 am

I found a pedersoli 72 cal double rifle on there one night, tried ringing about a dozen times to buy it it consecutively in the morning,when I got through to the shop the bloke told me the other worker was currently on the other line selling it! f***ing spewing ! Don't know how the other guy got through when they wouldn't answer my calls.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 26 Dec 2018, 9:57 am

Bill wrote:LOL bought an old sako off him, it certainly was not as described, infact the pitting on the bolt handle/bolt and bottom metal was soem of the worst id seen, steer clear of the lying pos

yup. i've looked at a few things he's got at way over inflated prices. i bought two small items that were no problem. definately won't buy a rifle from him then . your story confirms my suspicions

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Chappo » 26 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm

I’d like a marlin 57m
Only seen one come up for sale in the last two years and it sold in a day.

What about some kind of bucket list thread?
If you have something to sell you could check the thread to see if someone else is looking for one?
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 27 Dec 2018, 9:32 am

Good idea Chappo...
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation