Liberty Tree

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Liberty Tree

Post by wanneroo » 29 Dec 2018, 1:51 am

I'd imagine we could debate the ins and outs of the USA in another thread.

One thing Aussies do not understand is the Bill of Rights are inalienable rights. The founding fathers were well studied and educated people, they knew history and they believed human beings had inalienable rights, not rights gifted from government, but from above and that these were basic ingrained rights humans should have and that could not be taken away. Reading the 9th and 10th Amendment might help people get the complete picture.

The US has always been a bit different from countries like Canada and Australia in that we fought for total separation from the Brits and that we are not subjects to the Queen but rather citizens instead.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Re: Liberty Tree

Post by Patriot » 29 Dec 2018, 8:07 am

Ziad wrote:Mate sorry to antagonize you.... and words used by someone more a dick than me,

If you like it that much went don't you go there (unless you are already there)

Hmm, if you ask a black american or a minority how does 4th amendment treat them. Or lately so called terrorist, who are abducted and detained without any courts permission or even allow to see a lawyer.

Maybe you go check out unitary executive theory, where a president can do whatever he wants to, with no oversight of the constitution, law, or democratically elected representatives of the people. Yes that also have given rise to allowing the government to spy on their own people without their permission and/or knowledge.

Ohh wait I am the evil member of the fun police

No need to apologise mate, you haven’t antagonised me.
I agree,the rights do get trampled on,governments will do it every chance they get,if the people allow them to. I also agree that the executive does act unconstitutionally at times with “executive orders”.

As for you being a member of the fun police, I can’t comment.... I hope you’re not
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation