Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Post by Cal-ApeR » 28 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm

As the title says - Leupold Rifleman Rings and bases. I understand they are aluminium not steel. Other than that, yay or nay? I've wouldn't think you would put them on a winmag but say 22-250?
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Leupold Rifleman Rings /bases

Post by bigrich » 28 Dec 2018, 11:14 pm

i've got some leupold ally rings and bases on a couple of my rifles, no problems . i think they're high grade ally, should be good :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cracker » 29 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

iv got some on my cz550 mounting a leopold turkey plex... in 458 lott and they came loose in the first 3 shots.
honestly thought prob not rated for that, neither the scope but they are nice could have prob nipped em with a torx bit but didnt have one at the range...
seemed solid too me my advice would be run some locktight or take a torx bit with your to nip them up.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 Dec 2018, 6:50 am

bigrich wrote:i've got some leupold ally rings and bases on a couple of my rifles, no problems . i think they're high grade ally, should be good :thumbsup:

i probably should have added , mine are on 222, and 308 :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Cal-ApeR » 29 Dec 2018, 3:50 pm

Cheers fellas, price seems to good to be quality but thought I'd ask. Looking at another rifle, likely another 243. I don't the recoil would be an issue on that. It's a cheap rifle too so could pair well with these bases and rings.
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 30 Dec 2018, 6:38 am

cracker wrote:iv got some on my cz550 mounting a leopold turkey plex... in 458 lott and they came loose in the first 3 shots.
honestly thought prob not rated for that, neither the scope but they are nice could have prob nipped em with a torx bit but didnt have one at the range...
seemed solid too me my advice would be run some locktight or take a torx bit with your to nip them up.

When you say came loose what exactly do you mean?
Did the scope move in the rings?
Did the rings go loose on the rail if using a rail?
Did the rail come loose from the receiver or if the rings are for a CZ dovetail did they come loose from their mounting?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cracker » 24 Mar 2019, 10:05 pm

straightshooter wrote:
cracker wrote:iv got some on my cz550 mounting a leopold turkey plex... in 458 lott and they came loose in the first 3 shots.

When you say came loose what exactly do you mean?
Did the scope move in the rings?
Did the rings go loose on the rail if using a rail?
Did the rail come loose from the receiver or if the rings are for a CZ dovetail did they come loose from their mounting?

sorry massive late reply, the rings and scope slide backwards on the rifle.
prob just wasnt tight enough mistake on my part, hasnt gone back on just shoot open sights now.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Kumaabear » 29 Mar 2019, 9:46 am

I have a set on my 30-06

They have not moved.

I would not expect them to, good milled Aluminum is very strong. I had this argument with the guy in the gun store.
Kumaabear
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Cal-ApeR » 10 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

Reviving this a little.
Just picked up a very cheap Burris 3-9 for a great price. Also added 30-06 to the safe since posting this.
Any other budget rings people would recommend for this pairing?
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 10 Apr 2019, 7:15 pm

I have them on my 243 & 308... no issues
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Cal-ApeR » 10 Apr 2019, 7:32 pm

Jon79 wrote:I have them on my 243 & 308... no issues
Great, thinking of these on both my 243 and 30-06. Quite similar to your setups.
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mattraff » 17 Apr 2019, 12:08 pm

I have them on my Marlin 1894 as they were cheap but are chunky and ugly. The rifle is in .357 and they work as they should. Most mounts if fitted correctly will not come loose.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Scopes, sights and optics