wTB: 6mm-06 dies.

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

wTB: 6mm-06 dies.

Post by Medic » 29 Dec 2018, 7:55 pm

Just wondering if anyone has, knows of, or may be able to find a set of 6mm-06 reloading dies please let me know.
Already emailed most links I can find on google, maybe someones looking to sell too :)
Thanks!
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: wTB: 6mm-06 dies.

Post by SCJ429 » 29 Dec 2018, 8:14 pm

Could you get a 30-06, 270 or 25-06 full length bushing die and get a bushing to suit your brass?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 29 Dec 2018, 8:24 pm

Medic wrote:Just wondering if anyone has, knows of, or may be able to find a set of 6mm-06 reloading dies please let me know.
Already emailed most links I can find on google, maybe someones looking to sell too :)
Thanks!

Wouldn't you just use a .30-06 die to size the brass, then a 6mm neck-sizing die to bring the neck down?
All I do for 6.5x54R is run .303 brass through a 6.5mm Arisaka die, load, shoot, then just neck size in the Arisaka die.
The plan is to do the same with .30-06 brass to make 6.5x58mm.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Medic » 29 Dec 2018, 8:34 pm

I have a set of 243 dies that might work, and did consider that the neck sizer might be ok. So full length resize in the 270 die, then neck size in the 243? Would have to be careful not to size too far down I suppose? Where would I find a bushing for a set of lee dies? Or would I have one made?
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 29 Dec 2018, 9:08 pm

If the 06 brass will fit up the 243 die then just size part of the neck so it holds the bullet. That should be all you need for half a dozen reloads on any one piece of brass. No need to full length resize unless it is hard to close the bolt.

I don't think Lee makes bushing dies, the cheapest bushing dies would be Redding.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Medic » 29 Dec 2018, 9:58 pm

Well hopefully that solved my neck sizing issue... I'll give it a go and see how consistent I can make these.
Thanks for the tip.
Medic
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 30 Dec 2018, 9:43 am

i just checked and hornady do a die set , part No - 546280 and the seating, full length and neck dies are listed seperately as well . you should be able to order these through any major GS . hope this helps

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 30 Dec 2018, 10:41 am

Medic wrote:I have a set of 243 dies that might work, and did consider that the neck sizer might be ok. So full length resize in the 270 die, then neck size in the 243? Would have to be careful not to size too far down I suppose? Where would I find a bushing for a set of lee dies? Or would I have one made?

When I first size the brass I keep trying it in the chamber and stop bumping the shoulder once it chambers smoothly.
I thought it might be worth running them through the 7mm-08 die first to help bring them down but they go through the 6.5x50mm die just fine so I haven't bothered.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 30 Dec 2018, 8:22 pm

wilson sell hand dies that are bushing dies
they sell the 25/30-06 die (I have a couple) that you can just put a bush in for you 6mm-06
from memory the die costs around $95 from brt http://brtshooterssupply.com.au/product ... k-die.html
that will get you sizing the cases anyway :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Reloading ammunition