Anyone own a Uberti Cattleman?

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Anyone own a Uberti Cattleman?

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 02 Jan 2019, 11:30 am

About to order a Uberti Cattleman steel in 357mag. I had a go of a mates and liked it, he hasnt had it for long but is a fan. And they boys at my local say they are the way to go.

Whats everyones thoughts of the cattleman?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Anyone own a Uberti Cattleman?

Post by duncan61 » 02 Jan 2019, 12:12 pm

what disciplines do you shoot??
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 02 Jan 2019, 1:08 pm

duncan61 wrote:what disciplines do you shoot??

Only western action so chasing a ssa clone
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by KaptainM » 02 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

Hi Kelsey, I have 2 Uberti Cattleman in 357mag with the colour case hardening. I love them. I load both black powder cartridges, full load 357 white powder or 38spl soft loads. All depends on what I am doing. My dad has been shooting Western action with Ruger vaqueros for many years and I truly believe the uberti is just as good. When you pull the hammer back on the cattleman it has the 6 clicks, just like the colt peacemaker. The Rugers don't do that. I ordered from a Hollywood prop shop some rattel snake inserts and have them on my grips. Just like Clint Eastwood did in the Westerns. I will try to upload a photo of the net as I am not home at the moment and trying to send this from a phone. I can't seem to attach a photo but if you google colt peacemaker rattle snake grips you will see them.
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by wooosaah » 03 Jan 2019, 7:52 am

I'm getting some for cowboy as well in 45 Colt. Police keep stuffing up the permit but hopefully I'll have them next week and I'll report back how they are
wooosaah
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by wolfthomas » 04 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

Pietta also makes a fine SAA clone. I swear they must be made in the same factory as the Ubertis as aside from grips they're identical.
wolfthomas
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by wooosaah » 14 Jan 2019, 12:35 pm

I got my Uberti's and used them in western action on the weekend.They look great and were fun to shoot. I got the 'SASS Pro' version which has a short stroke and lower flatter hammer. CCH with wood checker grips and I went with the 4.75 inch barrel.
They are significantly lighter than the stainless steel Ruger's and my hammer is shorter to cock. Some people don't like that you have to half cock to load but I like it.
wooosaah
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers