Handi rifle 300blk Anyone had a play

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Handi rifle 300blk Anyone had a play

Post by Crankycant » 04 Jan 2019, 11:32 pm

Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if anybody has put hands on one of the H&R handi rifle chambered in the 300blk yet, I caught a glimpse on ozzie reviews and liked the look of it for something different . Ozzie had quiet a few nice things to say about it especially for the price point. Looks like it might be a good pig gun for the thick cabungi and lignum out here. What are your thoughts here's a link for anybody that hasn't had a squizz of the review.
https://youtu.be/WvhZQFvrv9k
Attachments
images (1).jpeg
images (1).jpeg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Handi rifle 300blk Anyone had a play

Post by JimTom » 05 Jan 2019, 12:20 am

Mate I had considered a 300blk for pigs at close range, although not that rifle. Will watch the review though out of interest.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 05 Jan 2019, 3:05 am

Neat little rifle. I'm sure that would be perfect for varmints out to 200 yards.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Mitch » 05 Jan 2019, 6:29 am

Not that rifle but i have a rem 700 in 300blk and love the cartridge. Do it!
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 05 Jan 2019, 7:46 am

Mitch wrote:Not that rifle but i have a rem 700 in 300blk and love the cartridge. Do it!

Mate do you use it for pigs? Be interested in hearing how it performs.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Mitch » 05 Jan 2019, 12:40 pm

JimTom wrote:
Mitch wrote:Not that rifle but i have a rem 700 in 300blk and love the cartridge. Do it!

Mate do you use it for pigs? Be interested in hearing how it performs.

Works great. Max range of approx 150m on animals i would say though.

I use 130gr HP for supersonics and a 220gr HP for subsonics. Very versatile round, no recoil, and super accurate. I can easily and regularly hit the 400m gong at my local range
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 05 Jan 2019, 12:43 pm

Mate I have a heap of the 130gn HP and exactly what I would use to reload for it. I am fairly interested in the 300AAC. Just comparing it to the 7.62x39 in another thread.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 05 Jan 2019, 1:10 pm

JimTom wrote:Mate I have a heap of the 130gn HP and exactly what I would use to reload for it. I am fairly interested in the 300AAC. Just comparing it to the 7.62x39 in another thread.

You mean powders?

Nice thing about Blackout is a lot of choices on bullets and a few on powders. There is now a Blackout specific powder for it, CFE BLK. There is also the choice of magnum pistol powders such as IMR 4227, Lil Gun, H110.

I have reloaded it now since about 2014. Development on the cartridge is evolving every year and I have found it is a little more finicky than other cartridges but as more and more gets learned about it every year and specific products like powders are made for it, it is all a bit more straightforward.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JimTom » 05 Jan 2019, 1:20 pm

wanneroo wrote:
JimTom wrote:Mate I have a heap of the 130gn HP and exactly what I would use to reload for it. I am fairly interested in the 300AAC. Just comparing it to the 7.62x39 in another thread.

You mean powders?

Nice thing about Blackout is a lot of choices on bullets and a few on powders. There is now a Blackout specific powder for it, CFE BLK. There is also the choice of magnum pistol powders such as IMR 4227, Lil Gun, H110.

I have reloaded it now since about 2014. Development on the cartridge is evolving every year and I have found it is a little more finicky than other cartridges but as more and more gets learned about it every year and specific products like powders are made for it, it is all a bit more straightforward.

AR2205 works I think. But yes, not a lot of powders listed.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 05 Jan 2019, 1:29 pm

JimTom wrote:
wanneroo wrote:

You mean powders?

AR2205 works I think. But yes, not a lot of powders listed.

You are basically looking at some sort of magnum pistol powder for it. I looked it up and it looks like CFE BLK is available for it in Australia.

Also I looked up the H&R Handi Rifle in 300 Blackout and it is out of production, so if you find one and want it, buy it now. No word if H&R will make more. Here in the USA they sold for as little as $240. I'm going to keep my eyes out for one as it would be perfect as a suppressor host.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Centerfire rifles