Anyone in Australia doing this?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Anyone in Australia doing this?

Post by Stoney » 06 Jan 2019, 9:07 pm

Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Anyone in Australia doing this?

Post by brett1868 » 06 Jan 2019, 9:21 pm

As cool as it looks I seriously doubt it....
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 06 Jan 2019, 9:50 pm

and spectators
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Jan 2019, 9:58 pm

Even though they use blanks, our Gumbiment would freak out about the pointing of firearms in directions other than at a defined target with backstops. No one would get a permit for this without a major shift in attitude from the Powers that Be. Sad, but there it is. Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 06 Jan 2019, 10:31 pm

pomemax wrote:and spectators

Bird or rice shot mate.

I would love to combine my love of horse riding with a little real cowboy action. :thumbsup:
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 07 Jan 2019, 2:11 am

Never heard of this. They must be using some sort of small snake shot or something.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Jan 2019, 3:01 am

wanneroo wrote:Never heard of this. They must be using some sort of small snake shot or something.

No, they use Theatrical blanks with Black Powder and Smokeless, it will pop the balloons from 20 feet, still needs great skill.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 07 Jan 2019, 4:29 am

How cool is that ? Love it
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by trekin » 07 Jan 2019, 4:31 am

Still just .....(yawn)..... a barrel racing eve .......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
Now, if the bull and or bronc riders did this.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 07 Jan 2019, 6:40 am

My quarter horse and I would love to have a go at this.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 7:29 am

Since buying a gelblaster my missus has been trying to find out if they make lever action blasters to set up something to involve our horses like a cowboy shoot. Would be a hoot riding thru the scrub shooting each other . I wonde.if the hardened gels would pop a balloon. For some type of event similar to the one shown above ???? :unknown: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 07 Jan 2019, 7:34 am

Daddybang wrote:Since buying a gelblaster my missus has been trying to find out if they make lever action blasters to set up something to involve our horses like a cowboy shoot. Would be a hoot riding thru the scrub shooting each other . I wonde.if the hardened gels would pop a balloon. For some type of event similar to the one shown above ???? :unknown: :lol: :drinks:

Freeze them :unknown: . Just a though, not sugesting you or anyone else actually do it. :friends:
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 07 Jan 2019, 7:46 am

trekin wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Since buying a gelblaster my missus has been trying to find out if they make lever action blasters to set up something to involve our horses like a cowboy shoot. Would be a hoot riding thru the scrub shooting each other . I wonde.if the hardened gels would pop a balloon. For some type of event similar to the one shown above ???? :unknown: :lol: :drinks:

Freeze them :unknown: . Just a though, not sugesting you or anyone else actually do it. :friends:

Or get some of these, https://www.renegadeblasters.com.au/sho ... blue-ammo/
If you put food colouring in the water that you soak the gel balls in, would you have the same effect as paint balls eg they leave a coloured mark on who ever they hit?
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 7:51 am

trekin wrote:Freeze them :unknown: . Just a though, not sugesting you or anyone else actually do it. :friends:

Yeah we tried this on the weekend but they blew apart in the barrel. :lol: :drinks:
I've got a few balloons left from xmas so might have to experiment a little bit :shock: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 07 Jan 2019, 7:54 am

I would be worried about my horses ears I have heard of roo shooters dogs going deaf
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 8:06 am

Blr243 wrote:I would be worried about my horses ears I have heard of roo shooters dogs going deaf

Put plugs in'em. :drinks:

Heya trekkin
Got these they don't leave any mark. :drinks:

1546812035545-1469040517.jpg
1546812035545-1469040517.jpg (829.46 KiB) Viewed 7320 times
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Archie » 07 Jan 2019, 8:08 am

Blr243 wrote:I would be worried about my horses ears I have heard of roo shooters dogs going deaf

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... 6812478049
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 07 Jan 2019, 8:13 am

Who’s gunna volunteer to be the Indians ? Ya better hope ya don’t get scalped but DB

:lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by trekin » 07 Jan 2019, 8:20 am

Daddybang wrote:

Put plugs in'em. :drinks:

Heya trekkin
Got these they don't leave any mark. :drinks:

1546812035545-1469040517.jpg

But their're just soaking in ordinary water, ain't they? Was looking for some way that these could used in a type of mini paintball skirmish game.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 8:25 am

bigrich wrote:

Who’s gunna volunteer to be the Indians ? Ya better hope ya don’t get scalped but DB

I've got a few murri mates that'd paint up alright!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 8:34 am

Ok experiment time. .clear gels with green food dye..takes about six hours to soak so I'll post some results this arvo :thumbsup: :drinks:

1546813925646-954753588.jpg
1546813925646-954753588.jpg (881.67 KiB) Viewed 6996 times

Ok the clear gels didn't absorb the dye and didn't burst the balloon at 10mtrs so probably no good for the type of events in stoneys original post ....However gel ball skirmish is apparently a fast growing sport with a BIG following in Qld so all that's needed is to incorporate horses and we might have something :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
I watched 12 Strong the other day so maybe. .......... ???????
:lol: :drinks:

Ps sorry for any hijack Stoney!! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 07 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm

Daddybang wrote:Ok experiment time. .clear gels with green food dye..takes about six hours to soak so I'll post some results this arvo :thumbsup: :drinks:

1546813925646-954753588.jpg

Ok the clear gels didn't absorb the dye and didn't burst the balloon at 10mtrs so probably no good for the type of events in stoneys original post ....However gel ball skirmish is apparently a fast growing sport with a BIG following in Qld so all that's needed is to incorporate horses and we might have something :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
I watched 12 Strong the other day so maybe. .......... ???????
:lol: :drinks:

Ps sorry for any hijack Stoney!! :drinks:

All good Daddybang. They also make gel blaster pistols. My mate has a few. Just trying to find if they make a SAA copy :D :D :D

I was also thinking having an event like in the original video on private property shouldn't pose any legal/licencing problem should it?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jan 2019, 6:02 pm

Yep the more we play with the m4 the more the missus (and me ) want a couple of pistol style ones :lol: :drinks:
I can't think of anything to prohibit the original event. .maybe have to get range approval :unknown: and insurance would be a bit of an obstacle as well as crowd proximity and barriers etc but if enough people backed it financially maybe it could be done :unknown:
(Any forum lawyers please feel free to chime in!!!! :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: )
I'd like to train one of my nags for it!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 07 Jan 2019, 6:51 pm

Daddybang wrote:Yep the more we play with the m4 the more the missus (and me ) want a couple of pistol style ones :lol: :drinks:
I can't think of anything to prohibit the original event. .maybe have to get range approval :unknown: and insurance would be a bit of an obstacle as well as crowd proximity and barriers etc but if enough people backed it financially maybe it could be done :unknown:
(Any forum lawyers please feel free to chime in!!!! :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: )

I'm in.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Jan 2019, 8:49 pm

good god , can you imagine the animal libbers going off over involving horses in this ? i can hear the wingeing and bleating already. i don't mean to be a buzz kill, but there's always some lefty halfwit ready to spoil your fun in the name of political correctness and associated crap these days :roll:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 07 Jan 2019, 9:42 pm

bigrich wrote:

If DB lived closer, I'd give it a crack. Horse mounted archery tag vs gel blaster would be a hoot.....
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jan 2019, 6:58 am

Damn tyranny of distance!!!!!! That would be a bloody brilliant day out BA !!!! :thumbsup: :lol: :drinks:
Yep BR there's always some twat that'd protest against it but to put it in a little perspective. ..at the last bull ride there were 20,000 spectators and about 10 protesters so f@#kem!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Jan 2019, 8:04 am

Daddybang wrote:Damn tyranny of distance!!!!!! That would be a bloody brilliant day out BA !!!! :thumbsup: :lol: :drinks:
Yep BR there's always some twat that'd protest against it but to put it in a little perspective. ..at the last bull ride there were 20,000 spectators and about 10 protesters so f@#kem!!! :lol: :drinks:

Umm, those 10 protestors, did they survive in one piece ? ;) maybe any protests about your gel-ball cowboy event could be tied up at the stake by the guys playing the part of the Indians :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by trekin » 08 Jan 2019, 8:51 am

Daddybang wrote:Yep the more we play with the m4 the more the missus (and me ) want a couple of pistol style ones :lol: :drinks:

Not to put a downer on this, but I can think of at least one reason to prohibit the original event. All pistol events shot in QLD have to be approved events, approved by WLB, and I can't see them approving this, can you?
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jan 2019, 9:33 am

Maybe lever guns instead of pistols?? :unknown:
(I know it's probably a pipe dream but doesn't hurt to throw ideas around :lol: :drinks: )
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Next

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges