Fuel prices

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Fuel prices

Post by Noisydad » 08 Jan 2019, 3:33 pm

If you happen to be traveling along the Murray Valley Highway do what ever you can to NOT buy fuel in Echuca! It’s still $1.40 - $1.45/L!
Locals are more than fed up with the infamous “Echuca tax”!
Literally anywhere you stop will be cheaper than Echuca.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Fuel prices

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jan 2019, 3:41 pm

1.65 - 1.69 in tassie at moment for diesel
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jan 2019, 3:49 pm

I wish I could get it at below $1.60 per. !!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 08 Jan 2019, 4:12 pm

$1.05 for me today :friends:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jan 2019, 4:38 pm

bigpete wrote:$1.05 for me today :friends:

You are f@#kin MEAN BP!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 08 Jan 2019, 4:57 pm

Haven’t seen $1.05 in at least 20 years!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Jan 2019, 6:41 pm

It's 108 for e10 stuff. .... but apart from my mower and the pressure washer got nothing on petrol now
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 08 Jan 2019, 7:52 pm

I don’t care what it costs because I can just buy it or I can push my hilux full of tools to work and back every day
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Jan 2019, 8:05 pm

I remember fueling up at Barkly Roadhouse in 1995, the fuel in Camooweal was same price as Canberra, Barkly was 99.9c/lt plus $10 per vehicle to unlock the pump.
They were old pumps with mechanical dials and the c/l price couldn't be adjusted any higher than 99.9.

I spoke to a guy there who was doing a lot of grader work towards Tennant Creek and he said it was cheaper for him to do an +800km return trip to Camooweal than buy it in NT.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jan 2019, 8:10 pm

If you have been to Dubai, you will see why fuel HAS to cost what is costs!
Those sand islands and underwater restaurants cost bloody money and hey - our pollies life time pension scheme doesn’t pay for itself!!!!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 08 Jan 2019, 9:03 pm

My cousin gets his diesel for around 30c a litre by making his own biodiesel....the bastard :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Jan 2019, 11:00 pm

We should all run our vehicles on our own huge reserves of natural gas for two parts of FA like other big producers.
Oh, wait.......
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 09 Jan 2019, 6:25 am

brett1868 wrote:My cousin gets his diesel for around 30c a litre by making his own biodiesel....the bastard :)

We've been looking into planting trees that produce biodiesel (for our own use not commercial). There's one in particular that you can tap and filter and pretty much use straight away but being a tree they take several years to start producing. :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 09 Jan 2019, 6:40 am

Noisydad wrote:If you happen to be traveling along the Murray Valley Highway do what ever you can to NOT buy fuel in Echuca! It’s still $1.40 - $1.45/L!
Locals are more than fed up with the infamous “Echuca tax”!
Literally anywhere you stop will be cheaper than Echuca.

Petrol prices dropped nearly 10 cent a litre here just after Xmas, still paid $1.50 per.

Daddybang wrote:
brett1868 wrote:My cousin gets his diesel for around 30c a litre by making his own biodiesel....the bastard :)

We've been looking into planting trees that produce biodiesel (for our own use not commercial). There's one in particular that you can tap and filter and pretty much use straight away but being a tree they take several years to start producing. :drinks:

Ran my diesel on straight used cooking oil for seven years. Oil was free, cost about .5 cents to filter before use.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 09 Jan 2019, 6:46 am

We looked at the oil as well but finding a steady supply of sufficient volume was difficult up here as several of the tree hugger communities have it wrapped up. :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 09 Jan 2019, 6:46 am

TassieTiger wrote:If you have been to Dubai, you will see why fuel HAS to cost what is costs!
Those sand islands and underwater restaurants cost bloody money and hey - our pollies life time pension scheme doesn’t pay for itself!!!!

The towel heads barely get cents per liter but it all adds up when you shift the volumes they do.
It's all the middle men utilizing exploiting various tax havens and government excise that pump up the price.
Pollies salaries and pensions are in reality only the tip of the iceberg, often dredged up to foster envy in plebs.
Don't forget that enormous waste pool of government bureaucracy that lord it all over us at every opportunity and all their perquisites.
Who pays for that? It's all us 'working stiffs' that's who.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Col » 09 Jan 2019, 6:53 am

Dont head north of Echuca to Deniliquyin because it is 10c dearer again. The fuel in Echuca/Moama has always been cheaper than Deni even at servos owned by the same people. Freight they used to say but it is @##%******. I reckon a bloke could make a lot of money carting fuel 70km for 10c/l.

Makes no sense just greed.
Col
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 09 Jan 2019, 6:59 am

Daddybang wrote:We looked at the oil as well but finding a steady supply of sufficient volume was difficult up here as several of the tree hugger communities have it wrapped up. :lol: :drinks:

It helped that one of the sons was head chef at a restaurant that had to pay to have it taken away, so were happy to give it to me. There are companies about that you can buy cleaned used cooking from in bulk such as https://www.cookers.com.au/used-oil-collection
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Jan 2019, 9:35 am

straightshooter wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:If you have been to Dubai, you will see why fuel HAS to cost what is costs!

The towel heads barely get cents per liter but it all adds up when you shift the volumes they do.
It's all the middle men utilizing exploiting various tax havens and government excise that pump up the price.
Pollies salaries and pensions are in reality only the tip of the iceberg, often dredged up to foster envy in plebs.
Don't forget that enormous waste pool of government bureaucracy that lord it all over us at every opportunity and all their perquisites.
Who pays for that? It's all us 'working stiffs' that's who.

Bloody oath right you aren straight shooter....the multiple layers of incompetent beaurocrats drain the money.

Dubai has fk all of nothing as far as oil is concerned... sthat's why they developed these phal8c symbols....they then sell the buildings or islands or resorts to others before even building them. And repeating the cycle. Its had finally caught up with them as now the have finally started charging tax...first GST than company and now income tax.

Dubai is all a show...they only hope enough ppl stay there and pay taxes so they don't have to work...lol

The big oil companies pay royalties to pump oil or of the ground, just like they do in Australia. Plus the govts in Saudi Arabia etc pay US army to station their troops in their contrite to save them from their neighbors. ..i have wondered many times if all these middle eastern conflicts is just so that usa can collect billion of dollars every year and the arms companies can sell hundred of billion of dollar worth of arms to USA and other countries
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Jan 2019, 11:04 am

Ziad wrote:. ..i have wondered many times if all these middle eastern conflicts is just so that usa can collect billion of dollars every year and the arms companies can sell hundred of billion of dollar worth of arms to USA and other countries

That's what it's all about Ziad.

In January 1961 Eisenhower warned his fellow Americans that the American military industrial complex was gaining too much power and not to let it gain control.
https://www.npr.org/2011/01/17/13294224 ... ears-later

Nobody listened, the 1%ers had discovered from the 2 world wars just how much money they can make from war. now we have a world economy that depends in a large part on conflict.

Nobody wants to fight a war on their own soil so the big powers have chosen smaller countries as proxy battlegrounds, Korea, Vietnam etc.

Then Osama bin Liner came along and gave them their best money spinner ever, the perpetual war on "Terror".

To keep this rolling on they need only keep supporting Israel and the crimes they commit against the Palestinians, and stir the pot other more subtle ways.

Ever noticed the trend of the US for walking out of conflicts, often started by them, and leaving a power vacuum in their wake. The perfect breeding ground for the supply of the terrorists they need to keep their game running.

I would love to know how much Gee Dubbya, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al made and are still making, from the 2nd Iraq war, more than 2 trillion bucks of American taxpayer money was redistributed in that one.
How much did the Bush family's oil profits alone benefit from the rise in oil prices that would inevitably occur as a result of war in a big production area?

Now that ISIL is on the run, they are talking of pulling out of Syria and leaving it to the Russians and Iranians, not staying to make sure this time.
When the ISIL infection takes hold again, they'll start all over again.
Perfect business model: make products that explode when you use them, choose a weak country on the other side of the world, use your expensive products to bomb them back to the stone age, set aside billions of government money to rebuild them in your own image, steal it, walk out and leave them hating you so much they come after you the only way they can, as terrorists, aaaand the cycle goes on.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wrenchman » 10 Jan 2019, 9:05 am

ziad you are not to far off there is a industry here of former military that go back to them places and gaurd oil lines or work in other ways the money they make is unreal
they were looking for truck drivers and mechanics when obama gut the military there were a lot of guys looking for a way back.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by duncan61 » 10 Jan 2019, 2:28 pm

At Overlander we changed out cooking oil every 3 days.I filtered and blended 50/50 with diesel was more powerful in myTD Nissan than standard diesel and smelt like fish and chips
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 Jan 2019, 6:29 pm

Lol i always wanted to run on chip fat....but considering diesel fuel pumps are 2 to 4k to refurbish....the risk is too much.

Wrenchman mate people gotta work... and private military pays well. ....mercinary work even higher. ......

Let's keep the masses occupied by the MP.who for his govt bdriver to carry his dogs from their city property to their country property..... while the real s**t happens
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 10 Jan 2019, 10:45 pm

FMD are you gargling as well...? :lol: :sarcasm:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wrenchman » 11 Jan 2019, 3:07 am

duncan i have read that you should keep doing it becouse the mix is real clean and will plug up filers if you go back and forth.
most diesel is for the big trucks here gas and diesel is the lowest in 10 years i just paid 1.87 us a gallon for gas.
we call the mix bio diesel and some fuel stops sell it.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigpete » 11 Jan 2019, 3:33 pm

Stix wrote:

Only if you ask nicely
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Jan 2019, 4:39 pm

This is where your tax dollars go.

tax chart.png
tax chart.png (11.32 KiB) Viewed 5120 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 11 Jan 2019, 5:06 pm

bigpete wrote:
Stix wrote:

Only if you ask nicely

:lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ecobogan » 15 Jan 2019, 7:15 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:I remember fueling up at Barkly Roadhouse in 1995, the fuel in Camooweal was same price as Canberra, Barkly was 99.9c/lt plus $10 per vehicle to unlock the pump.
They were old pumps with mechanical dials and the c/l price couldn't be adjusted any higher than 99.9.

I spoke to a guy there who was doing a lot of grader work towards Tennant Creek and he said it was cheaper for him to do an +800km return trip to Camooweal than buy it in NT.

Barkly Roadhouse 1995 eh! That's freaky... I lived in Tennant creek the duration of '94 and '95 and used to fuel up there pretty often for work.
My own rig was an XE Falcon 351 4spd...that used to hurt at the pump but well worth it to be able to drive with no speed limit.... different story these days of course.
Reckon that Falcon paid for the BP owners pool
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm

Apparently you can run Rice Bran Oil with very little mods (mainly filter/s so a local that uses it tells me.)
He buys it in 20 litre drums.

:lol: I guess thats why they call Toyotas "Rice Burners"
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation