I thought it was funny :-)

Shooting in the news and political arena.

I thought it was funny :-)

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jan 2019, 4:29 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: I thought it was funny :-)

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Jan 2019, 4:33 pm

Bloody camera man needs a rootin with a pineapple...had gold at his fingertips lol
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 10 Jan 2019, 5:15 pm

had a chuckle, poor bast@rd but this will highlight the story pretty well :clap: :drinks:
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 10 Jan 2019, 8:11 pm

sad about the fish kills , had a good laugh at the pollies expense though
bigrich
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 10 Jan 2019, 8:20 pm

bigrich wrote:sad about the fish kills , had a good laugh at the pollies expense though

Couldn't agree more mate.
“Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it.”
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 10 Jan 2019, 9:49 pm

It's kind of funny, but it's actually not. It's a bloody discrace that this is happening again. There's been a string of big fish kills along the Darling River related to insufficient flow since 2004. I've stood on the banks of that river counting dead fish, and I can tell you first hand that it takes some serious fortitude to hold a rotting fish under your nose like that. Makes you wonder how the soldiers got on in the trenches in WW1 with all the rotting corpses laying around..........
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Stix » 10 Jan 2019, 11:12 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:It's kind of funny, but it's actually not. It's a bloody discrace that this is happening again. There's been a string of big fish kills along the Darling River related to insufficient flow since 2004. I've stood on the banks of that river counting dead fish, and I can tell you first hand that it takes some serious fortitude to hold a rotting fish under your nose like that. Makes you wonder how the soldiers got on in the trenches in WW1 with all the rotting corpses laying around..........

Yep...yep...!!!!!...yep....yep...well said BA...!!!!

(Except i havnt stood on the banks looking at dead fish...)

This is all really nothing short of a tragedy...!!!...and a fukn disgrace...!!!...the governments & individuals responsible for this (all of them) should be stripped of not only their money & assets, but also their dignity...every single one of them...!!!

Its also these "incidents" that highlight, yet seem to get ignored, that show how this country is REALLY run...how this crap happens, & is allowed to happen again is a discrace not only to nature...but to ourselves as a race...

Unfortunately the human race will be its own demise... :thumbsdown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jan 2019, 10:04 am

Bent Arrow wrote:It's kind of funny, but it's actually not. It's a bloody discrace that this is happening again. There's been a string of big fish kills along the Darling River related to insufficient flow since 2004. I've stood on the banks of that river counting dead fish, and I can tell you first hand that it takes some serious fortitude to hold a rotting fish under your nose like that. Makes you wonder how the soldiers got on in the trenches in WW1 with all the rotting corpses laying around..........

Agreed, it was funny to see a bloke having a chuck, but upsetting in the circumstances. I really ummed and ahhhed over posting it but figured the crowd here would feel similarly, and have a chuckle at the funny side of it.

I have no sense of smell so things like that don't affect me at all.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 11 Jan 2019, 11:34 am

Sorry Blade...i didnt mention that i did get the funny side of it... :D :thumbsup:

Id like to think no one would think that you posted it thinking the environmental saga was funny... :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 11 Jan 2019, 11:53 am

Stix wrote:Sorry Blade...i didnt mention that i did get the funny side of it... :D :thumbsup:

Id like to think no one would think that you posted it thinking the environmental saga was funny... :roll:

Yes, I didn't share it on FB for exactly that reason. I figured the audience here would be a bit more able to deal with the two-sided emotions :-)
Hopefully it'll get shared everywhere for giggles, and very effectively spread the environmental message with it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Media and politics