Weaver vs. Vortex opinions?

Rifle scopes, iron sights and optics. Spotting scopes and target acquisition devices.

Weaver vs. Vortex opinions?

Post by Pieaniar » 11 Jan 2019, 6:21 pm

I've come into possession of a 1963 Marlin 336 R.C. in .30-.30 with a Weaver 63A base mount but no scope. I'm looking for opinions on the Weaver Classic V 2.5-7x32 and the Vortex 2-7x35 Diamondback scopes https://tacticsfaq.com/vortex-crossfire-vs-diamondback/ . While I know everyone has their favorite brands, these are the ONLY two scopes I'm looking for input on. So if you have first hand experience with either of these scopes, I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you would be willing to share. I see no need to replace the Weaver base but I am open to suggestions on brands and heights of rings for mounting either of these scopes. Thanks for any info!
Last edited by Pieaniar on 14 Jan 2019, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pieaniar
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Re: Weaver vs. Vortex opinions?

Post by allan » 12 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

You're a long way from home my friend but I see this is your first on here so welcome to the forum.
I rarely see Weaver scopes fitted to anything in my area apart from the T series on range/target rifles.
Having said that, I've owned many over a long period of time including various offerings from the V, GS & T series in powers from 1.5 to 36X.
I currently own several V series but not the particular scope you're asking about. I have used a Grand Slam 1-5-5X32 for many years and simply could not fault it in any way - Very similar optic to the 2.5-7.
For rings, any of the Warne, Leupold or Burris low offerings in Weaver/PRW style would be adequate.
Plenty of Vortex owners around so hopefully some one else will chime in there.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Return to Scopes, sights and optics