New long range .22 LR rimfire shoot in Adelaide. XRRS

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: New long range .22 LR rimfire shoot in Adelaide. XRRS

Post by wildcard6 » 15 Jan 2019, 9:28 pm

CZ452.PNG
CZ452.PNG (989.29 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
By the way, here's my little girl. Not very 'tactical', except for the scope, but it's capable out to 300 yards!
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Stix » 15 Jan 2019, 9:33 pm

Looks good wildcard6...

Id come slong if i had a decently accurate
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 16 Jan 2019, 6:58 am

Bloody great to see its taking off and ya enjoying it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wildcard6 » 16 Jan 2019, 9:33 am

G'day Stix. One of the shooters was using a "Little Badger' and although he didn't score very well, he still had a good time trying! This shoot is still in its infancy and will go through some changes as it matures. Next shoot I'll use small PIGS at 100m to make them a little more hittable. I'll also stick to Ram targets at both 200m and 300yds because they are likewise easier to hit [if that's actually possible at 300 yards!]. Rifles used in the shoot included Anschutz's and Ruger American Target model [good rifle!]. The main challenge is in working out the holdovers and having a scope that allows you to keep the target in view at 300 yards. I'm also using 25MOA ring inserts that give me additional UP adjustment capability. The 30mm scope tube on the Vortex scope means winding down to a 40m zero for regular metallic silhouette shooting is still possible. I started with a Hawke Vantage 3-9X scope with drop compensation reticles configured out to 200m. That scope comes configured for both High Velocity or Standard Velocity. I bought the HV version, but on reflection, for target shooting, the SV version would be better. I tried to have a bet both ways, because the HV version would allow me to use the rifle for small game shooting as well [the reticle is illuminated, which is fantastic for spotlighting], but I really don't do much [or any] of that any more, so the target scope option [Vortex] isn't causing me any regrets. That being said, it is not a difficult thing to remove the scope AND RINGS together and replace it with a simple hunting scope IN ITS OWN RINGS and my CZ is once again a bunny-gun. I'd encourage you to come along and give it a try. The only thing you have to worry about is rule 8a. 'Any shooter not having fun is disqualified'. :)
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by ClaytonT88 » 26 Nov 2021, 10:08 am

G'day Wildcard6, are you still running events like this? I've recently moved closer to Adelaide and want to get the Tikka T1X out for a play in something like this.

Cheers!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1 more » 26 Nov 2021, 5:08 pm

G'day Clayton, I just spoke to wildcard6 and I am replying on his behalf.
Yes the XRRS shoot is still up and running at the SSAA Para range.
The next shoot is on the 26th of December, starts at 12.30pm. I hope to see you there.
If you would like more info let me know.
Ben.
1 more
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by wildcard6 » 26 Nov 2021, 6:29 pm

Yes we are. In fact, we keep getting bigger and better. The shoot has evolved over the last three years we've been doing it and last Sunday we had our end-of-year shoot with 20 competitors on the line - our biggest roll-up ever. One of the new variants is called LRSU after the Long Range Shooters of Utah Milk-jug challenge and we shot at Lever-action smallbore Chickens at 300-yards. Each shooter has 10 uninterrupted shots to try to it one target. This event turned the leader table upside down almost, with 9/20 shooters scoring zero. One guy went from about 17th to 4th by hitting his target on the first shot - and damn near brought the house down with the cheers he got! If you contact SSAA Para branch on 8289 6918, they'll give you my phone contact number if you need more info. Our final shoot for the year is on Boxing Day, December 26th. This will most likely be a standard three detail shoot at 100, 200, and 300. Not too difficult, but lots of fun always.
wildcard6
Private
Private

South Australia

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges