Chances that we'll get our semi-auto .22's back?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Chances that we'll get our semi-auto .22's back?

Post by Urastus » 09 Jan 2019, 11:15 am

TBJ wrote:Imagine the Bunnies you could get with that thing, goodbye bunny colonies

I don't think you'd hit much - but they would have shell shock :lol:
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 09 Jan 2019, 1:42 pm

When I saw ( the chances of us getting semi auto 22 back ) I instantly thought of the Aerosmith song ......DREAM ON
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by ZXRR » 09 Jan 2019, 8:29 pm

Way too many lefties in this country, who think peoples rights ends where their feelings begin, The whole system needs a re-work, C/H should be on A&B, and the licenses should expire every 10 years.

It got me thinking, imagine if we did get to buy 10/22... it will probably costs us each $2000 seeing these ridiculous prices as of late (Especially surplus military rifles).
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jan 2019, 12:05 pm

ZXRR wrote:Way too many lefties in this country, who think peoples rights ends where their feelings begin, The whole system needs a re-work, C/H should be on A&B, and the licenses should expire every 10 years.

It got me thinking, imagine if we did get to buy 10/22... it will probably costs us each $2000 seeing these ridiculous prices as of late (Especially surplus military rifles).

When I bought my 10/22 in 1983 it was $220. My Remington 788 .222Rem was 199. A sporterised M96 6.5x55mm was $160 and an original M38 6.5x55mm was $99. The 10/22 was never a "cheap" rifle. Nowadays the 10/22 is $700, as is a Remington 783. If anything, the 10/22 is now cheaper than it was 35 years ago. I paid $800 for my M38 though, milsurps are getting expensive these days.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZXRR » 10 Jan 2019, 1:08 pm

bladeracer wrote:
ZXRR wrote:Way too many lefties in this country, who think peoples rights ends where their feelings begin, The whole system needs a re-work, C/H should be on A&B, and the licenses should expire every 10 years.

When I bought my 10/22 in 1983 it was $220. My Remington 788 .222Rem was 199. A sporterised M96 6.5x55mm was $160 and an original M38 6.5x55mm was $99. The 10/22 was never a "cheap" rifle. Nowadays the 10/22 is $700, as is a Remington 783. If anything, the 10/22 is now cheaper than it was 35 years ago. I paid $800 for my M38 though, milsurps are getting expensive these days.

Interesting prices, it's a shame i missed all of them as i wasn't even born! As for the price of the 10/22 now, it's surprising especially in australia. Though it makes sense since i even see M1 carbines for around 600-700+. Prices of milsurps are just getting embarrassing these days, especially as someone that loves shooting them and collects.

Typical simple NO4 MK1 going for around $1100-1300 these days (Which is ridiculous).
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 10 Jan 2019, 1:28 pm

ZXRR wrote:Interesting prices, it's a shame i missed all of them as i wasn't even born! As for the price of the 10/22 now, it's surprising especially in australia. Though it makes sense since i even see M1 carbines for around 600-700+. Prices of milsurps are just getting embarrassing these days, especially as someone that loves shooting them and collects.

Typical simple NO4 MK1 going for around $1100-1300 these days (Which is ridiculous).

It could perhaps be argued that the true cost of owning a 10/22 is significantly higher due to the security and licencing required, but the cost of the rifle itself is excellent. For similar money though, the Ruger American is a far better rifle.

Yep, milsurps seem to have really taken off in recent years. I paid $800 for my basic M91/30 with bayonet and sling about four years ago.
My No.4 Mk1* was about $800 delivered from SA about four years ago, with spike bayonet, sling and 400 bullets, no brass unfortunately.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cracker » 10 Jan 2019, 4:35 pm

iv found that semi auto 22lrs are cheap as chips because theres no real market for them.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Jan 2019, 2:13 pm

Windston wrote:
Member-Deleted wrote:
Windston wrote:I just turned 18 and apart from that meaning getting my Cat A/B, it also means that I can vote. I have been looking into it, David Leyonhjelm and the Liberal Democrats seem to make some sense from what I've seen!

So if I am looking at voting for someone to support the farmers (which is my whole extended family) and for better gun laws in QLD, who should I be considering?

Consider the Queensland Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party, as well as fighting for shooters and fishers, we have been extremely active in our representation of the farming community, I am an ex farmer and QLD State Chairman, we have a strong representation of farmers in the party in Queensland, myself and one other committee member traveled to the recent tree clearing laws protest outside of parliament, and we were at Farmfest in Toowoomba for the third year running.

Jump onto our QLD SFFP Facebook page and you will see from our posts that we are proactive in highlighting farming issues, I can say with confidence our representation of the QLD farming community is genuine and committed, I see your considering the LDP, without knocking them or starting and us and them debate, the SFFP overall are far more committed to and in touch with farmers and the issues effecting them.

We are currently offering a $10 membership deal, which was taken up by farmers at Farmfest and other events we attend, the more members we can attract, the more we are able to achieve, you and members of your family and friends would be most welcome to join up if you so choose, if you require further information, do not hesitate to ask or alternatively you can contact me on cwheatley@sff.net.au

Ok mate awesome! I will look into that. We are actually farmers in the Toowoomba region, so dad was actually at Farmfest. I didnt go this year unfortunately.

:thumbsup: We had a stand at Farmfest as well.
Member-Deleted

Post by zhuk » 18 Jan 2019, 7:35 am

ZXRR wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Interesting prices, it's a shame i missed all of them as i wasn't even born! As for the price of the 10/22 now, it's surprising especially in australia. Though it makes sense since i even see M1 carbines for around 600-700+. Prices of milsurps are just getting embarrassing these days, especially as someone that loves shooting them and collects.

Have you seen the prices of No.5 Jungle Carbines lately...well up in the 1000+-mark even for some very rough examples.
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by NAHMINT II » 21 Jan 2019, 4:37 pm

I well remember the ''gun grab'' down under...........Couple mates said ''That would never happen in canada'' !!!!!! within 2 weeks,the liberal rotters will try to pass a bill ( C 71) to ban all handguns,semi auto firearms INCLUDING .22 rim fires........
NEVER SAY NEVER.
Never trust a Liberal......
NAHMINT II
Recruit
Recruit

Canada

Post by deye243 » 21 Jan 2019, 5:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:

In 1983 my 1022 cost me $139 in tarragon Vic.... you got ripped
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 21 Jan 2019, 8:38 pm

IN 1968 my Winchester .22 Semi Auto Cost me $65 and that was 2 boxes of ammo I miss that gun
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 21 Jan 2019, 10:08 pm

pomemax wrote:IN 1968 my Winchester .22 Semi Auto Cost me $65 and that was 2 boxes of ammo I miss that gun

Was that the Model 190? I had one of those as well, great little shooter, but I will never get used to front-loading a tube magazine :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 21 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

deye243 wrote:In 1983 my 1022 cost me $139 in tarragon Vic.... you got ripped

Either I did get screwed, or I'm mistaken after 35 years of remembering - either option is realistic :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 22 Jan 2019, 8:18 am

bladeracer wrote: I paid $800 for my M38 though, milsurps are getting expensive these days.

Dang $800! I knew i did alright getting mine for $380 late '17 but didn't think quite that well!

Ive not paid (yet!) over 1k for a milsurp, picked up a minty no4mk1 with a central peep for $700 last year, has become my favourite 303.My lovely Lithgow no1mk3 was $800 late '17 and i also found a really nice Martini Enfield that came in at $700 last year.

I fear next cab of the rank will bust the 1k mark, its Martini Henry time!
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 22 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm

Dunxy wrote:Dang $800! I knew i did alright getting mine for $380 late '17 but didn't think quite that well!

Ive not paid (yet!) over 1k for a milsurp, picked up a minty no4mk1 with a central peep for $700 last year, has become my favourite 303.My lovely Lithgow no1mk3 was $800 late '17 and i also found a really nice Martini Enfield that came in at $700 last year.

I fear next cab of the rank will bust the 1k mark, its Martini Henry time!

Wow, you are doing well :-)
I generally include the costs involved in getting it into my hands. My No.4 Mk1* was $700, but $800 is a more realistic cost with freight and fees. The most I've paid is $1700-odd for my '03-A3, but it's a refurb with a new barrel so well worth it I think. Probably of no interest to a collector though. And $1100 for my Brno Mauser Kar98k was steep, but it is a beautiful example.

I'm hoping to look at a Finn Mosin, a Turk Mauser and a No1. Mk3 this week though.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by zhuk » 22 Jan 2019, 10:57 pm

Be thankful that VIC is the service rifle capital of Aust...you might think those prices were steep, but I can tell you they aren't :mrgreen:
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Dunxy » 23 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

bladeracer wrote:Wow, you are doing well :-)
I generally include the costs involved in getting it into my hands. My No.4 Mk1* was $700, but $800 is a more realistic cost with freight and fees. The most I've paid is $1700-odd for my '03-A3, but it's a refurb with a new barrel so well worth it I think. Probably of no interest to a collector though. And $1100 for my Brno Mauser Kar98k was steep, but it is a beautiful example.

I'm hoping to look at a Finn Mosin, a Turk Mauser and a No1. Mk3 this week though.

Those prices are all in my hands, I got all of those locally so no freight.Id already have more, just ran out of space! Nearly paid of a 54gun safe so i can really go for it!
I do have a good relationship with my LGS,all my Enfields came from there and I did recieve decent reductions from tickets.
Brno K98 , i nearly paid $1300 for one so i don't think 1100 is that bad tbh! I dawdled on a jungle carbine i could have had with 6 mags for 1k.
I got a hankering for one of those smidt rubins as well.Id really like one of those Yougo Mausers as well after i shot one just out of grease last year, easist milsurp to hit the gong at 500 with open sights ive shot so far.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws