Aust post

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Aust post

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm

Australia post looks worse every time I use an overseas carrier.

I have a German dive watch, nice unit, phosphor bronze case water resistant to 30atm, Swiss Soprod 10A 25 jewel automatic mechanical movement, accurate to 3 seconds in 24hrs.

However, the first batch of this movement has shown issues with the rotor weight, and I just has to have one when they were released and mine has the issue of not winding itself properly.

So it's off on a trip back to the manufacturer for service because they pay for freight, parts, the lot and have the equipment to replace the nitrogen atmosphere inside before it's closed.

To the point of this ramble, the manufacturer specified Fedex so the watch had to go to a local freight depot who were TNTagents, they took it 200km to Sydney and gave it to Fedex who then had to get it through customs and to Stadtbergen in Bavaria.
I gave it to the local guy on Thursday afternoon, a tracking email this morning tells me it's being delivered today.

I have had a small ebay purchase take 8 days to get 200km from Sydney and another take 4 days from Palmerston NT.

Are they all on drugs, or if not maybe they bloody should be.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Aust post

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

They are indeed "Special" Mick, I too have had good experience with overseas delivery times, sadly Aus Post just ain't up to their standards when it comes to processing and delivery times.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by RoginaJack » 28 Jan 2019, 4:25 pm

Actually, that sounds pretty quick for A.P. delivery times.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Jan 2019, 9:03 pm

Lol. I think I have done plenty of rants about AU post. But no coffee. I likely will order something from qld this week and will have another story.

But many times I have ordered something from UK and it's here about a week before things from nsw or qld raj me, even if both ordered same day
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 28 Jan 2019, 10:13 pm

Yep, and don't try posting anything to Canberra or Tassie!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Jan 2019, 10:36 pm

I have 10 days from Canberra to melbourne.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 29 Jan 2019, 6:33 am

I paid for xpress post for a parcel from Brisbane to mareeba a couple of weeks ago .after five days and no package I rang and asked about it as the TN said that it'd left brissy but no further updates. The reason I was given for the delay. .... There was heavy rain in central NSW. When I pointed out that the parcel had left Brisbane heading north two days before the rain south of Brisbane had even started the response was "I'm sorry sir that's what it says on the system".
Anyway it finally arrived after eight days....Thats certainly express!!! :unknown: :crazy: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 29 Jan 2019, 8:50 am

I paid the extra for their "express" post once, it took from memory 7 days.

I rang them and wanted the know WTF, they told me that they can only guarantee it'll be express if the destination is less than 400km, if it's any further, it goes in with the regular mail, regardless of the premium you have paid.

Price is another, I bought a replacement remote for a DVR from a shop in the Czech Republic, it weighed 70g and cost $7.25 postage, took 8 days.
Turns out that I'd bought the wrong model and had to return it.
Aust post Air freight was $21 and would take 14 days.
I said it wasn't urgent so what about surface mail?
I was informed that that would take up to 9 weeks and was $29 FFS!
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by SamHuntVic » 29 Jan 2019, 12:30 pm

Consistently 11 days for a parcel from Melbourne to Darwin. Disgraceful! The local post tell me it goes by road.
Grant.
Don't hide from your mates in the bush!™
SamHuntVic
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 29 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm

SamHuntVic wrote:Consistently 11 days for a parcel from Melbourne to Darwin. Disgraceful! The local post tell me it goes by road.
Grant.

The thing that I don't understand though Sam, is the inconsistency. You buy from the US, even the USPS can get it 20,000 odd kms in 6 days.

My postal address is 200km from Sydney and 4,000 from Palmerston, yet ordinary post can get to me from there in half the time as Sydney.

That 8 days is a max not an average, but still you have to wonder what they're feeding the Chimp that seems to be in charge.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Jan 2019, 3:38 pm

Lol just had a friend rant about a car past he sent Express post tracking 4 days to reach.

Basically you have to send it from express post area to express post area. Maybe you aren't. But if you are then you can get the postage for the parcel back
Last edited by Sergeant Hartman on 29 Jan 2019, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 29 Jan 2019, 3:49 pm

Incompetent employees with no fear of losing theirs jobs plus thieves running around stealing things from others letter boxes equals big delays
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 29 Jan 2019, 8:13 pm

Unbloodybelevable just received an email today from a place in brizy and I'm in Vic and to expect my package next Tuesday for Crist sake its not coming from the US or England. It's just 1600 odd k up the bloody coast .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Jan 2019, 10:47 am

Ziad wrote:Lol just had a friend rant about a car past he sent Express post tracking 4 days to reach.

Basically you have to send it from express post area to express post area. Maybe you aren't. But if you are then you can get the postage for the parcel back

But to get the postage fee back - you have to deal with a complete incompetent system that is designed to frustrate and deter human interaction...so many don’t bother.

I went into a local post office recently RE this very thing and was advised that it was a very busy time for them, to come back after 5.00...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 30 Jan 2019, 12:14 pm

Hahahaha.... try calling... after 6pm. Or before 8am. Or on the weekends.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation