Sob Story

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Sob Story

Post by Wm.Traynor » 04 Feb 2019, 10:47 am

Get your hankies out (and your wallets too if you like)

My car is for sale and a potential buyer brought a mechanic to do a rego inspection. The mechanic went round the car, giving a "running commentary" as he went and both he and the PB went for a drive. PB was very happy and even tipped his man but we argued about the price, although I stood up for myself as he tried to misrepresent the situation.
Long story short, he agreed on the money. Next day he rang to say he could only withdraw $1000 per day. The day after he rang to say his wife would not let him have the money :shock: :x :x :x :thumbsdown:
What a pRAT.
Tolja you'd need your hankies :(
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Sob Story

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Feb 2019, 10:56 am

Sounds like a totally pussy-whipped panty hamster to me Wm.
I hate selling stuff because of tyre kickers, so I tried ebay, sold straight away for the price asked but ebay took 13% fees and paypal held the money for 5 weeks because I wasn't a volume seller.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Feb 2019, 1:48 pm

Hope for your sake, he put some deposit down..... and you hold onto that deposit
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 04 Feb 2019, 7:02 pm

Ziad wrote:Hope for your sake, he put some deposit down..... and you hold onto that deposit

No such luck but it's a good idea for next time :) :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 04 Feb 2019, 7:19 pm

sounds like he changed his mind,,maybe a bit pissed that he didn't get it for the price he wanted to pay :thumbsdown: still a wankar :allegedly:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 04 Feb 2019, 8:27 pm

Just what you need: an idiot yanking your chain.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Feb 2019, 8:31 pm

I just sold 3 motorcycles in last 10 days...the amount of wankers out there has definitely multiplied.

I was offered part cash plus tuna rods, playstations, surf boards, tvs, tools, welders, — a farkin denim jacket!!!!

That’s not to mention the “I’m coming round” ppl who never turn up...and how bloody many send a message - is this still for sale?? And you never hear from them again...
eBay knows this and the pricks charge accordingly.
WHAT DO WE WANT??
ROYAL COMMISION INTO EBAY!!!!
When do we want it...ahh Fark it.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 04 Feb 2019, 9:28 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:Get your hankies out (and your wallets too if you like)

My car is for sale and a potential buyer brought a mechanic to do a rego inspection. The mechanic went round the car, giving a "running commentary" as he went and both he and the PB went for a drive. PB was very happy and even tipped his man but we argued about the price, although I stood up for myself as he tried to misrepresent the situation.
Long story short, he agreed on the money. Next day he rang to say he could only withdraw $1000 per day. The day after he rang to say his wife would not let him have the money :shock: :x :x :x :thumbsdown:
What a pRAT.
Tolja you'd need your hankies :(

Yep...that guys a wanker...!!

Chin up Wm...hopefully you'll sell it soon for the right money... :thumbsup:

By the way...i did need a hanky when i read this at lunch time today...but thats because the chilli tuna i was eating was a bit hotter than i thought & made my eyes water & nose run... :lol:
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Feb 2019, 9:44 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Sounds like a totally pussy-whipped panty hamster to me Wm.
I hate selling stuff because of tyre kickers, so I tried ebay, sold straight away for the price asked but ebay took 13% fees and paypal held the money for 5 weeks because I wasn't a volume seller.

Ebay are worse than a cross bred car salesman/lawyer/bank manager. :thumbsdown:

I refused to deal with them a long time ago.

Last time,,,,, I sold a scope and the guy paid by paypal, and those mongrels took a cut out of my money as well as charging the buyer a fee. :crazy:

2nd to last time,,,,,, Ebay charged me a postage fee when I had sold an item, and I took it to Aust Post and paid for postage to the buyer. :crazy: :crazy:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 05 Feb 2019, 7:12 pm

My time will come................I hope ;) :)
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Feb 2019, 11:13 am

If ya reckon that's a Sob Story,,,,,,,,,,,, Just wait till I know I'm safe (legally) to post what just happened to us and my vehicle.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 06 Feb 2019, 11:49 am

Sob stories going the rounds.

Big lighting strike here last night, hit between the house and the power pole 6m away. Close enough to knock out both drop-out fuses on the transformer.
Also on that side of the house is my satellite internet dish. An item specifically designed to carch and concentrate electromagnetic energy, and it worked perfectly.
Unfortunately the satellite modem didn't like the resulting surge and is now an ex modem.

I now have to wait for NBN Co to get around to sending someone out here to replace it. :roll:
At least it missed the house.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 06 Feb 2019, 11:57 am

Die Judicii wrote:If ya reckon that's a Sob Story,,,,,,,,,,,, Just wait till I know I'm safe (legally) to post what just happened to us and my vehicle.

Intriguing. If you're from Townsville Heaven help you mate :(
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Feb 2019, 4:13 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:If ya reckon that's a Sob Story,,,,,,,,,,,, Just wait till I know I'm safe (legally) to post what just happened to us and my vehicle.

Intriguing. If you're from Townsville Heaven help you mate :(

No Mate, I'm in the part of Qld that is the opposite extreme to Townsville,, and desperately need some water.
But,,,,,, no, the weather has nothing to do with what happened to us on Sunday night.
Just not in a position legally at the moment to be able to post about it. :silent:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 06 Feb 2019, 5:57 pm

Just talk about it hypothetically.... like I know a guy in America es driving on the right side if the road.........
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 06 Feb 2019, 6:12 pm

:lol:

I was thinking of saying..."yea well you should see what i shot" in hunt reports..& leaving it at that. :lol: :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 06 Feb 2019, 8:09 pm

Ziad wrote:Just talk about it hypothetically.... like I know a guy in America es driving on the right side if the road.........

No, no, no, Ziad.
We drive on the right side of the road, Americans drive on the incorrect side of the road :lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Feb 2019, 9:09 pm

Die Judicii wrote:But,,,,,, no, the weather has nothing to do with what happened to us on Sunday night.
Just not in a position legally at the moment to be able to post about it. :silent:

Ok, see new topic, "The cat's outta the bag"
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 24 Feb 2019, 2:57 am

TassieTiger wrote:I just sold 3 motorcycles in last 10 days...the amount of wankers out there has definitely multiplied.

I was offered part cash plus tuna rods, playstations, surf boards, tvs, tools, welders, — a farkin denim jacket!!!!

That’s not to mention the “I’m coming round” ppl who never turn up...and how bloody many send a message - is this still for sale?? And you never hear from them again...

Must be a worldwide disease as I ran into the same thing last year. Tons of people asking "is this still for sale" only not to be heard from again. People never turning up for appointments. Offered trades of all sorts of junk, beat up late model motorcycles, ATVs, tool boxes, etc.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Off topic - General conversation