Firearm Storage in an unlicensed persons house, QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Firearm Storage in an unlicensed persons house, QLD

Post by Jaxxa87 » 04 Feb 2019, 8:35 pm

Question on firearm storage. I had a look through the Weapons Regulation 2016 to try and find an answer and I couldn't find a thing. Am I allowed to store firearms in a locked safe in the house of someone who does not have a firearm license, as long as they don't have access to the safe?
Jaxxa87
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Firearm Storage in an unlicensed persons house, QLD

Post by Rod_outbak » 05 Feb 2019, 5:23 am

Interesting issue.... You'd have the same question if you had your safe in a secure lockup that you rented..

I wouldnt think Weapons Licensing would be too keen on it, but I dont recall if I've heard what the acceptable answer to that would be!
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 05 Feb 2019, 6:09 am

As long as the unlicensed person doesn't have access to the keys/safe then it's not a problem as far as I'm aware. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 05 Feb 2019, 9:01 am

To really find out, you need to contact Weapons Licencing and ask them. You want to ensure your compliant with the law. You are best to seek their stance BEFORE you do anything. It is better to find out if it is a problem first, rather than dealing with a negative consequence. They will let you know one way or the other. It might be ok, but you may need to meet some requirements in ensuring the property holder can’t access the cabinet. Or it may be a flat out no. They are the ones administering the law, so they should be who you seek an answer from.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Queensland gun laws